Lonely Life in London

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by uma604, Oct 30, 2015.

1. uma604

uma604 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I'm from Chennai, currently in Eastham, london. we have moved here after marriage.its been a year ,still feel bored sitting at home. Are you feeling the same, as Home maker. i have started my job search recently. i was working for 6years in software industry for 6yrs.
    just found this site today !!!
    searched the same in FB too.

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Almost every new bride who was employed before marriage and after moving to a foreign country go thro the same. Get a job or do some courses to equip yourself with current technology, so that its easy to get into work force. Until then this boredom continues. Nowadays, IT girls are lot smarter and they reject any marriage proposal by the so called H1B holders who are neither in India nor permanently in US, which causes so much of confusion and break in the career, almost ruins the prospects of career. Not many girls are interested in getting out of India leaving their family and friends, unless its for LOVE. Dealing with inlaws in India seems not very challenging when compared to dealing with loneliness in the US and other foreign countries.

Good Luck on your job search and happy life in London
    Cheers,
    GPriya

Reenakat and malathia like this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

London is a wonderful place to go around and explore. Get am oyster card and go on to museums, galleries and landmarks. Many museums and galleries are free. There are walk tours held at regular intervals - find out about them.

You should be able to find a council library there to get books from - read up about he city's history and soak it up. In case you aren't a big reader check out the kids section where there are history books which are very interesting with fact bites for even the little ones. They will fascinate you.

Go to greenwich and explore the market there. Walk along the south back from London bridge to Waterloo. Take a picnic to trafalgar Square and go to the national gallery. When you go to museums and galleries ask if there are any trails for kids. They are extremely interesting and informative even for adults who are just getting started. Enjoy yourself.

4 people like this.
  4. satyagandhi

satyagandhi New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Happy New Year and hope you had a good one.

How did your job search go on? You should post your skills/expertise on here so that someone who reads it might be able to help you.

Good Luck with your job search

Satya

5. lakha

lakha New IL'ite

Hi uma,
    I am kiruthika. I feel the same and i am in the same situation as you. I live in leytonstone. I worked in infosys, chennai for 2 years and i am loking for a job here. I feel so bored and frustrated sitting at home all day.Hope this site would give me some friends:):):)

6. shtr19

shtr19 New IL'ite

Hi , I feel the same. Looking for friends in london.living near canning town.

7. soumya19

soumya19 New IL'ite

Hi,

Its the same feeling to me as well. I have been living in UK for 9 yrs. Am living in Lewisham. I have a couple of friends but they don't get close. I have been looking for jobs but am very unlucky. Am also very bored staying home all day, just cooking and cleaning.

8. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

I am here in UK too. Very very boring life. I have worked for 8 years in India. Now I am at home. I am looking for Jobs but no success at all.

Nice to meet you all

9. swati250286

swati250286 New IL'ite

Hi gals!
    I can understand the boredom everybody is suffering from.
    I live in canning town and was working earlier but my job ended last month.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  10. Ishita

Ishita Gold IL'ite

I've been in London all my life and feel it's one of the best cities you could wish for. There's so much to see and do. If you are employed then passing time is no problem at all. If, however, you are a home maker, you need to find hobbies to keep yourself occupied, i.e. Join a gym, go for walks, join a Yoga class, learn extra skills whilst you wait to join office. By doing so, you will not only help your health but also gain confidence in yourself.