London Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. reeema

reeema New IL'ite

About me

Hi friends

I am reema. I just joined Indus Ladies. I got married 4 months back to a wonderful person. I am basically from. I am well educated. I worked for 5 months before marriage in India. I was reluctant to leave my job and my country. But after meeting my husband, my thoughts changed. I left a well paying job and moved to London. Now I am housewife. I have started searching and applying for jobs but failing each time. I feel bored at home alone. Whole day I keep waiting for my husband to come. I hope to find a job soon to overcome my boredome. I hope to meet similar kind of ladies in Indus Ladies.

I thank you for taking some time to read my post

Regards
    Reema

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Re: About me

Hi Reema:

Generally over here, lot of people get into volunteering to start with. Later this volunteering experience helps them get a job. The opportunties are many. You can find them in local newspapers or local website - DO-IT Home is one of them. This is just an alternate way of spending time which could possibly lead to a job later on.

But don't give up on your job hunting yet, give it some more time. Wishing you all the best for a job.

Sindhu

3. ChaoticDjinn

ChaoticDjinn New IL'ite

Hello All!

Am Vidya. Living in London for the past 6 months or so with my hubby. We live in Crystal Palace area, very beautiful and close to the park. I work part time for a stem cell research company.

I love living here. We havent made many friends but looking forward to.

I love reading, beading (making costume jewellery, calligraphy, walking around etc.

4. Zeinab

Zeinab New IL'ite

Re: Huma

Hello Huma you I read your introduce, it seems interesting. Do uo like to chat with me? I am living in Finland,but from Iran. I can tell about me morelater.

5. beena11110

beena11110 New IL'ite

I am Beena living in Leeds UK . I have a beautiful daughter aiswarya . I live with my Husband here .

Nice to make friends wth you all

Beena Bow

6. nash_0006

nash_0006 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Nice to have such a thread of Introduction.

Well, I am Asha living in Leeds, UK, married and in between jobs now. Hope to meet up any ladies from Leeds.

Cheers

7. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Asha:

Welcome to Indusladies.

How long have you been in Leeds? I am sure there are lot of Indians in Leeds but finding an ILite there right away might be a little difficult. But in the meanwhile, I hope you nurture good friendships here in IL.:)

Sindhu

8. alpers

alpers Bronze IL'ite

Hello to all,

I am Indusgent and living in harrow.
    I am originally from Mombasa/Kenya and been here for nearly 18yrs now.
    I also lived in Nairobi/Kenya for 6yrs and came here in london in 1990 and got married.
    Happily married and have two boys 14yrs and 16yrs. the older one just finished his gcse.
    I am currently working with Dhl Exel supply chain and we warehouse IBM.

I like cooking, travelling and films.
    Many thanks for all the recipes i have learnt from the site and its great.

Thanks to all and have a nice day
    Regards to all
    Alpers

9. l_janaki

l_janaki New IL'ite

hi all,

My name is Janaki. I am a computer graduate. I am married & living in Slough, Berkshire.I am living in UK since september 2004. I love anything to do with art & crafts, painting, stitching or gadening,listening music, loves making new friends etc.....I am straight forward, talktive & loves having fun all the time.Enjoy.

Janaki

10. l_janaki

l_janaki New IL'ite

hi,

My name is Janaki. Just saw your post. I am living in slough,berkshire with my husband.I am in UK for the past 3 1/2 yrs. I would love to know about jewellry work & beading. If you could send me the method of doing it or some website name then it will be great.Thanks.

Janaki