London ILites meet on 18th Oct.2008!!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by swapna15, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies:

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Bye
    Sindhu

2. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Today has been hectic with kids, I will try my best to be there by 12.30. If not dont wait for me outside, I will catch up with u all when i get there. tc

3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies:

High time I logged on and gave an account of my comedy of errors! It has been a long miserable wait until I got to sit and write!

This is definitely by far, my most embarassing moment but please bear with me.:hide::hide:

Firstly, I am so, so, so sorry that I let all of you down. Secondly, I did manage to come to Russell Square but I was too late and to top it I lost my way as well.

It all started with me sending off my son to a local tennis tournament but things got a bit out of hand and we (myself and my daughter in tow) missed our 10:30am train from MK. Then this next train we took was late in reaching Euston by 15-20 minutes. By then, I was already late by an hour. When I came to Euston, I took the longer route - hoping to avoid the long walk at St. Pancrea ( or so I thought) to Russell Square via Leicester Square. Found out that there was awful lot of traffic along the Northern line. Couldn't get on the first train. Rant(The Dominoes effect already in motion!). Then managed to squeeze onto the next one.

And then changed trains for the Piccadilly line to RS. Didn't realise that RS tube has 175 steps on your way out! Rant(Murphy's law had long fallen in place here!) Finally, we got out of the station and I thought I'll just take a chance and find you all but by this time - my mind was completely blank about the address for Hare and Tortoise and I had lost my note of directions as well. DrowningFor some silly reason, I thought it was on Russell Square Drowningand we walked all around Russell Square. Checked with a policeman there, and he said to me there was no restaurant around the area - much to my dismay. bonkAt this point I really wished I had asked for one of your contact numbers. bonk

It was 2:15pm by then, I wasn't sure if you ladies would be still waiting (fuming and ranting ofcourse), so I decided to end my misery. My daughter was tired and hungry, so got her a sandwich, had promised to take her to the British museum after our meet, so I finally just did that.

I do sincerely apologise for my not showing up but I do hope whoever did get to the meet had a good time barring the 'agonizing' wait for me which I am hoping (against hope) didn't take away much of the fun.

Sorry again ladies, I do hope you can forgive me.
    Sindhu

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

All forgiven dear but i did miss you.

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

That's so sweet of you.
    Oh, even you made it, Huma and I missed it.bonkbonkbonk

Sindhu

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Oh Sindhu..it was a mistake on our part.We should have exchanged numbers because we were in Russell Square till 2:30 PM .We did realize our folly when we were all chatting on what happened to you and the others.There was no way to contact and we would have waited for some more time if we knew that you were coming.Not knowing if were coming or running late we assumed probably you could not make it on that Saturday and left a message in IL.

7. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Sindhu Dear..so sorry to hear your story..:) Actually I was preety sure that you will be coming so we all waited outside H&T untill 1 pm..but then it was getting cold and we were feeling a bit hungry I guess so we went inside..even then i was looking out (through the glass walls )to see if I can see an indian lady..?:hiya

Anyway we all missed you, Uma and Gunjan who also could not make it on that day. Hopefully we'll meet soon. TC..bye

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Buddies,

It is sad that Sindhu, Uma and Gunjan couldn't make it...

Hope you will have a wonderful meet in future...

Was looking for the meet-up photos and write-up...When is the release :) ?

9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Sabitha - I did think the previous day that I should have one of your numbers but then I thought it would be fun with a bit of suspense! But getting lost was not even imagined since I was pretty confident I would be there!!:) Well, no worries - we can meet soon- I'm hoping...

Swapna:
    Like I mentioned never thought of missing the meet - maybe I should have (!?!)- would have thought of a back up then:). Swapna, there was one particular place both my daughter and myself were trying to see if we could find any Indian faces. Looking back it was quite funny since we didn't know which faces to look out for and then there were quite a few Indian faces in the area.:rotfl

Oviya:
    Hope you found the other thread with the nice, crispy update and the photo with everyone who met that day. Yes, hopefully we should meet in future.

Sindhu

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sindhu...I found it out...

I was looking for it in the meet-ups...