Living Within Your Means..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Feb 12, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

7 Important Reasons To Live Within Your Means

I like the above article and it sums up exactly how I feel.

Again this is just my way of living..coz that’s how I can spend on things which really mean to me:)

If someone very well to do then this article might not be needed or less useful..
    It all depends..

Just sharing a good read

joylokhi and MalStrom like this.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My mother is a minimalist. She knows how to budget and live within the financial limitations. She has taught us how to lead a minimalist life in a successful manner.
    We came from a middle class family, that solely depended on dad's monthly income. So, we had a way of life back then.
    When it comes to grocery shopping, mom always makes a list of things to buy, and studies her kitchen in advance, so that she knows what exactly is needed.
    She still insists the same, and never encourages us to go to super market and grab whatever is in display.

She plans weekly cooking & stuff, like how many days we will eat fish, how many days meat, and how many days veggies or eggs. This will never go out of place, and all at home knows what to eat when. So, we had no further expectations.
    She discourages us whenever we have this urge to order dinner outside or plan random eat outs. This is not just waste of money, but unhealthy as well.

This is the same when it comes to buying dresses or gifting others. Always we ensured there is a purpose for shopping. But these days, I go for shopping just because I like going for it.
    We bought dresses mostly during December, and that was enough for the whole year. Mom plans the needs, and anticipates upcoming weddings, ceremonies etc... and buys clothes accordingly.
    But these days, we go for shopping for each and every functions. Because we can't wear the same sari or dress again, as it will be all over the social media, and unusable ever again.

Being simple, and planning life makes everything much easier. This will make you live rich and happy for sure.

Back then, we were not the richest in the class, yet we lived a rich life that no one believes we came from middle class background.

Now a days, we are indeed wealthy. Can afford many things in life. Yet, our way of life makes us poor and clumsy.

For instance: Yesterday I had to attend a marriage function, and I broke my head last week as I did not have an appropriate Sari to wear. The Sari shops here did not have what I expected, and it was too short notice to make a blouse. Besides, it is very cold, so I can't go with regular sari blouse, but needed a full sleeve.
    Back to the point, I felt like a poor woman, who struggles to own a decent cloth to wear on special occasions.

I know that mom never had this kind of issues back then. She was always ready with a rich dress, and shows off.

Life is all about planning. I am evolving now

nandinimithun and anika987 like this.