1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living In Hope

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jul 19, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Those of us who grew up close to beaches must have made sand castles in our childhood. Those who grew up far away from beaches made house of cards. Some even used match sticks or small flat stones to build their fancied houses. Later on there were plastics to make bridges and what have you.

And then we destroyed them and started again. At times some one else destroyed them .

Humans like to watch a little destruction that begins with sand castles, house of cards and then improve their skill to escalate it.

History is witness to this strange hobby. Starting from localised destruction to mass destruction has filled the history pages in all civilisations. Sometimes in the name of religion or ideology or even opinion but destruction, all the same, was the trend.

Good part is there is a tendency to rebuild and there lies the HOPE.

shyamala1234 and VaniVyas like this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hari,
    Humans also follow the One above. Creating and destroying and again recreating!
    PS

3. HariLakhera

True. The Creator, The Preserver, and the Destroyer. Brahma, Vishnu And Mahesh. But they do it for a reason.
    Humans also learnt it but without reasons.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I have always wondered about rangolis in the same light. I do have to tell you personally though no matter how beautiful a rangoli made by me is, I have never felt bad about cleaning it up.

Here's an interesting article The Mandala: Why Do Monks Destroy It? | HuffPost on why monks erase the mandalas they make painstakingly. As much as we think we may know a reason for every act of ours, we may not know either!

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    I have clicked like to the last sentence Hope.
    We may try to be build up again if something is destructed or have new ideas for a better construction..as in the case of Lego blocks. But other wise why would we destruct something which have built up with great love" Leave out philosophical aspect. I cannot understand it much and Mythology also. Depends on situations and not a general rule. We grow a plant with great love. Would we destruct it voluntarily? Big No
    !
    But if some storm comes and the plant dies! Same with human beings. We feel sad but move on with Hope.
    Hope is the anchor of life...without it nobody can survive. That keeps human beings go forward and live life.
    Syamala

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hariji:

Everything in the planet is constantly changing and evolving. Human beings, plants, animals, birds and insects do things differently as they grow. Civilizations that were much appreciated got destroyed only to regrow again with a new vigor and new ideas. Superstructures get destroyed to incorporate new design and development. That only teaches one thing that there is no end to learning. We continue to learn something new everyday of our lives and enjoy doing different things in life. We destroy our old habits and enjoy new habits. We walk away from a hobby to learn a new hobby. We enjoy the company of new friends and they create considerable influence in our lives and after sometime later, someone else come along and create a long-lasting impression on us. That only tells us one thing. We need to unlearn as much as we need to learn. We need to let go something old in order to have something new.

Viswa

7. HariLakhera

There is a difference. We are well within our right to dismental what we created but no one has the right to even touch it without permission. This applies to your Rangoli and The Mandala. What if somebody else comes and cleans t up without your consent. Same for my sand castles and house of cards.
    We humans have destroyed many construction builds over period of times during the first and the Second World War and before that the 100 years of European war. All this in the name of ideology/supremacy. This is what I am referring to when I use the words 'improve the skill to escalate it'. Having learnt the skill of destroying our own creation, we graduate to destroy the creation of others.

8. HariLakhera

Yes. We can destroy our own creation for rebuilding or for whatever we like but we cannot give that right to others. But history tells us otherwise. Humanity has survived on HOPE (Highly optimistic on peoples' evolution).

9. HariLakhera

Absolutely correct as long as it is by us and not by them. When I say by them I mean by force. The only thing constant is change, as they say, but such change has to come with consent and not by force or coercion. They did it to bring in the new world order. They say Hiroshima was bombed to stop the war, but the war continues.
    This is happening every day in the name of what have you- religion, ideology, economy, a piece of land. Building sand castles or house of cards and dismentaling them for fun was child's way of expression but very quietly it became a passion. I do not say don't let them build sand castle or house of cards but aise that is the only way they will learn and unlearn but tell them to keep it a hobby and not make it passion.
    This passion finds way in our day to day competitive life today and that is troubling.