1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Living in Chelmsford, MA?? Pls help...

Discussion in 'Indians in Massachusetts' started by sansmomy, Feb 21, 2011.

1. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I need to shift to Chelmsford, MA from India on a business asignment (around 1 year). I'll have my daughter (17 months) and DH or MIL (56yrs) with me.

I haven't visited this state so far and my earlier visits to USA have always been short (1 to 2 weeks for business mettings etc).

So basically have no idea about the life style in Chelmsford, MA.

I have many generic questions about the place. E.g. is it a child friendly (with good parks, lawns, safe neighbourhood etc) place? How is the public transport there (we'll have no car for at least 4-5 months in the beginning)? How is the climate there for most of the time in year? Where should we rent the apt so that we have indian grocery store, an american mall, restaurants and public transport option at a nearby/walkable distance (I think, I am asking too much :))...? Which communities are densely populated with Indians there?

How much would be the cost of living there (DH plans to continue on his Ph.D. work if he accompnies me, so i'll be the sole earner for a family of couple and a toddler)? Are thee any day-cares run by Indians? How much would be the charges for it we plan to keep DD there during weekdays?

Phew, i think, i asked too many questions:crazy But, I am kinda in a confused mindset...Any answers (or comments) to above questions will be of great help...

thanks much in advance..

~s.

2. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Please help....any information intbis regard will be greatly appreciated...