1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living in a Retirement Resort (Senior Citizen Home) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sushi, Mar 13, 2015.

1. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

When I started living in Retirement home or Senior Citizens home , I had written two articles just while we were taking a trial run and after 6 month's of stay .

Now it is almost 20 months that we have stayed here and our apartment that we purchased in Bangalore is ready in all respects for us to go and stay, But do we want to relocate to Bangalore ? it is a bigger , beautiful and much needed swimming pool for my hubby. We stay here on rental basis as offered by a friend of mine who stays in Australia. They have given us permission to stay for a couple of years more .

But we are unable to decide now as the life we live here is quite comfortable . As we travel a lot shifting between Singapore and Bangalore, the mid period we stay here in the retirement home makes it all the more inviting. In time we will decide what to do.

But, I want you to get a glimpse of the other aspects of the Retirement Home life too. We had sports events when besides carrom and chess, there was pallankuzhi, snakes and ladders, puzzles, flower garland making , rangoli, drawing, list the objects etc. We had enacted a musical skit , totally scripted and enacted by me with my team.

The story is about Gowri and starts from her birth to finally her hubby making her understand that henceforh she needs to live as and for Gowri and he promising to live for her. Please enjoy if you can or just skip . Many of you know me and for those who don't know me, I am in blue saree narrating the the story.

Video 47 0 00 03-26.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9NidCTkGM&feature=player_detailpage

Would like to have your feedback too

sushi

2 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful script suited to Women's Day,narrated and enacted very well.Sushi Madam,your compering was excellent, as though you have compered for hundreds of such programmes.While many grudge and grumble about the inevitability of staying in an old age home,the negligence of children,blaming their own fate,
    it is very nice of you having taken the positive sides of living in an old age home .The crowd and the cheers speak well of the home.Looks like a richman's paradise.
    Everything in the world has a price to pay.
    The way it looks ,we may have to spend thrice or 4 times of the entire amt spent in our life time within 4 or 5 years we may have to stay in the Old Age home.Depends on affordability.
    Hats off to you for having taken so much of pains to script, direct, enact and also share it among IL.Age is no barrier to show off your literary/enactment skills.
    Thank you, Sushi.Now we have a perfect glimpse of the positive side and the negatives are left to the readers to guess.
    Jayasala 42

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed watching the skit. Am so happy to see the lively, cheerful attitude of all the seniors living here.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sushi,

I so very well remember your earlier posts regarding the retirement home and your impressions on it. Also enjoyed the photos of you and your friends going on a picnic.
    I also remember feeling very happy for I sincerely believe that India needs more of such homes and facilities for senior citizens to bring in their last days in happiness and in good company of like minded people.

Like it or not, our social structure is changing with children moving far away and we also need to accept the fact that priorities and conveniences change. We too should change according to the times we live in.

I could only watch part of the video due to buffering pauses. I plan to watch it in full as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing. You certainly are enjoying as I can see from your lively stage presence!

I am glad to inform you that Jayasala has nominated this post to FP of the month! Congrats!

L, Kamla