1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living according to selected Proverbs/kural/sayings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Dec 4, 2007.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for sharing your proverbs.

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Dear Sups,
    Liked reading the post. Proverbs boost you when u are down. I have a cloocetion of many such in my diary and I read them when I am down.
    It DOES lift my spirits. Here is a random one
    " World does not appreciate you for what you know, it recognizes you for what you do"

There is an organization called JOsh HInds. I get daily subscription in my mail ina seperate folder from them. I post those messages as my tagline in gmail to share with gtalk buddies.

Congrats on the medals. I was not exposed to thirukkural, I shall start them soon.

I ll end it with some quotes

" The more you celebrate your life, the more you have to celebrate in life" - Oprah

Dr. Phil says " You teach people, how to treat you"

"No one can ruin your day without your permission, you choose the response" - Stephen Covey

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi MeenLoch,
    I have been looking for sites that deliver proverbs in mailbox daily.. will look in to the site that u have mentioned.. Thank you for the quotes..BTW, i liked the way u referred me as"sups".. very trendy.. :cheers

4. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Supriya ma'am,

Many hearty congratulations on winning gold. It reflects your hard coupled smart work. A well written blog. Proverbs always lay pathways; and if followed we can reach the peak. The one that has influenced me all the time is as follows:
    "Wise men (of course here women) do not do different things, but do things differently"
    I try to adapt the above when ever and where ever applicable to maintain my identity.

The following I asset as pearl of proverbs:
    "Success is not permanent and failure is not final. So never stop working after success and never stop trying after failure"

"Keep behaving your own self in any kind of atmosphere" is what i repeatedly tell myself.

Maintaining one's identity plays a vital role and leads us higher the track to success and self-satisfaction.

Regards