1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Living according to selected Proverbs/kural/sayings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Dec 4, 2007.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I have always been fond of learning the meanings of proverbs and such.I made up mind such that to select few of them and follow them in my life.I would like to share those and its influence .

1.Thirukkural <!-- following code added by server. PLEASE REMOVE --><LINK href="http://us.geocities.com/js_source/div.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://us.geocities.com/js_source/div03.js"></SCRIPT><!-- preceding code added by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->

<CENTER>[​IMG]<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p></CENTER>Meaning: Great is the joy of the mother when a child is born to her; but greater is her joy when she hears his unblemished character and merits. <O:p></O:p>
    My ambition during my school/college days was to make my own recognition instead of being referred as a Doctor's daughter.When friends and acquaintances said this kural to my dad when I got gold medal for my graduation and post-graduation i was overwhelmed and felt contented that I could do this favour to my parents.

2. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, sup like a pauper
    For the well-being and maintaining healthy life this is my motto.Another fav quote is "undi surungudal pendirku alagu" which means the more ladies stomach shrinks the more you look beautiful"

3. Defeat the defeat ,before the defeat defeats you.
    This has given a boost in every walk of my life.

These are few of them.I would like to know which is your favourite saying that has played a great role in your life.

Thanks for Reading my blog.

P.S : Thanks to few sites for kural and its meaning.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to you for getting a Gold Medal and so writing this nice interesting blog... I enjoyed reading your proverbs and also knew the meaning...I really dont have any proverbs to post.. I did want to tell you that I enjoy reading your blogs and keep looking out for more..so keep blogin..

3. SupriyaDinesh

Hello AnandChithra,
    Thank you for your interest in reading and replying to my blogs.Will keep you entertained.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Supriya, nice to know that you made your parents proud. Congrats on that and also for the gold medal.For me, eventhough i don't follow knowingly, some were 'thrusted' on me like 'poruththaar bhoomi aazhwar', when my relatives and parents saw what i was going through after marriage,Knowledge is power---i am following this nowignorance is bliss--this is being followed by me whenever something unpleasant happens to me and when i want to find a solution for it, in vain.manaivi amaivadhellam iraivam koduthttha varam--- this has to be asked to my hubbyOnly these came to my mind--see you later!sriniketan

5. SupriyaDinesh

I have planned to take into account all proverbs to be mentioned by our ILites and intend to follow.. Good choice of proverbs..would love to know u r hubby's views on last one..

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear supriya,
    i have always lived by the tough get going when the going gets tough and am happy able to live by it all my life...sunkan

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Supriya,
    That is great to know that you were and outstanding student. This is one thing that gives parents immense joy.Enjoyed reading your post.There are lot of proverbs that suit the person that Iam today.
    But the one that I think is true :
    Laugh and the world laughs with you,
    Cry and you cry alone.:iagree

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am going to add some more from my side---

Put yourself in other's shoes and deal the problem or the situation--this is what i am doing till to date, eventhough people take a ride for that!
    think twice, before you talk or act---practicing..
    naa kaakka... control your speech--practicing..

sriniketan

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear SupriyaDinesh,

Congrats for winning Gold medal and making your parents proud. Your proverbs are super and please bring more such blogs.

Regards,
    TDU

10. shamu

shamu New IL'ite

hi

everymorning i say this to myself with conviction
    Its going to be a great day and nobody can stop me from doing so. it helps a lot.