1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Little krishna cast by Chinni & Dittu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Jul 25, 2015.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

yes.. this is about Gokulashtami celebrations! and the crazy parents who love to dress up their kids. First it was just my first DD Chinni, now it is with both Chinni and Dittu, my second DD

1st year - was a little baby. but very cooperative as I tied the 'anga vasthram' around her diapered waist. no panchakacham and all. it was just like a wrap around skirt exposing her thighs as she crawled ('no big difference' says Chinni :) ) she was all fine until I tried to put the crown on her head. she had lot of hair, yet we couldnt find a peacock strand so we substitued this crown. At first she hesitated but then got used to it. Adorable cute chubby baby Krishna indeed!!
    Dress courtesy - DH
    Crown and jewels courtesy - barbie accessories in dollar shop :thumbsup

2nd year - was still a baby. ('already I was not accustomed to the new place (India ahem!) and look at these crazy parents of mine. trying to dress me up as some little krishna' says Chinni) she did cry a bit to dress up. this time she had no hair (mottai) + we had a peacock (yes thats india!!!) so tied around. she shook her little head into a big no for the crown. my niece readily agreed to dress up herself as 'Radha' when she learnt about the krishnar vesham for Chinni. But Chinni was so upset that she refused to go to Radha inspite of her efforts to attract Krishna. She bribed rava laddu and all... but nadakkuma... LOL!!! :)
    Dress courtesy - Brother-in-law's new silk angavasthram (no panchakatcham this time also)
    Crown and jewels courtesy - same barbie accessories

3rd year - toddler now. yet couldnt understand the show off that her parents are boasting. was happy to wear the plastic jewels amidst a single thin gold chain ('haah... gold chain, that too mom took back and wore for a very long time until I protested' says Chinni) and kept on biting it for long time. she couldnt fake the flute using her hands and was struggling to learn it. My dad then grabbed a neem stick and tried tucking it under her dhoti which she just didnt like.
    Dress courtesy - Thatha and his '3' muzham dhoti (yes he tore off for the sake of his grand daughter), at his best attempt to tie a panchakatcham around a wiggling toddler
    Crown and jewels courtesy - same barbie accessories

4th year - nicely grown. can understand all the funda around. happy to volunteer yet felt very hungry to do all this. got cranky out of hunger and exhaustion. yet this krishna was quite good.
    Dress courtesy - ready made panchakatcham dress bought for a simple gandhi vesham years back
    Crown and jewels courtesy - you know it!

5th year - wow.. is the correct word. she was all enthuisastic to get dressed up and see the puja, celebrations, et al. the best was when I said 'puja is over, let us sing now' and immediately she volunteered with a big 'kurai ondrum illai...' I was all teeth!!! :) very very sweet. (the trick was that I fed her dinner by 7 PM itself and started the puja afterward, he he he) The bulk fees that I am paying for new school - PSBBM is proving to be worthy, what say.
    Dress courtesy - you know it.
    Crown and jewels courtesy - you know it.

But the common thing in all these years is that, she never never posed for a single photo in a single shot perfectly. We always ran behind her to take a good pose and it is damn impossible.

Now after 6th year, Dittu took over her role. So Chinni moved magnanimously to dress up in her gaghra choli as Radha, while we tried dressing up Dittu

1st year - whatta chubby cute baby. all costumes borrowed from didi
    2nd year - same as last year

But Dittu is too keen to get dressed up. She was all fine to be photographed too. She loved putting namam, lipstick and especially the peacock over her head. Honestly, not much enthu for the second one unlike the first one. Feeling so guilty... :-(