1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

listen to your heart, give them your ears

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by tiloc1, May 27, 2010.

1. tiloc1

tiloc1 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I have been married with 2 kids for the last 15 yrs. I have worked all my life. My last job was the senior most designation in the office hierarchy and hence required a lot of international tours -- in and out of the house in a jiffy.Always hurrying, always stressed. Thats how i rose up the success ladder.
    Then one day when i came home to a handful of guests, we got to chat about our immediate lifestyle and while we were talking about it I suddenly realised how less i knew about what was going on in my kids life. My lady friday prompted to fill in the conversation with the recent domestic updates.---The bandaid on Ranee's elbow or Radhika's science project that was damaged on the way back from school.

I realised that day ---- no money, no success can match the pleasure of seeing your own kids grow up in front of you.I let go of my job and started my home based enterprise. Yes the monetary benefits are not as great as before yet i feel satisfied that i am at home to open the door to the kids when they come home-- and i sleep well too.

Some one had correctly said --what your kids remember when they grow up is not the number of presents you have given them or how neatly you kept the house-- but they will always remember you by your hugs and kisses, by your " being there" when they need you the most, by the ears you lend to their problems and by the numerous unpretentious magical moments that you make possible in their lives.

I didnot have a good support system to fall back upon while I was working out. Many are lucky in that way and strike a perfect balance in their maternal and professional life .
    However my life now is splendidly perfect and i urge every working parent to avoid going by the books , listen to your heart and make your own happy niche.

2. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear tiloc!nice post by you.Even i have two daughters and had my fulfledged business before my second daughter was born.later i gave a franchise of that and now work from home. have my consultancy thus striking a perfect work-life balance as you said.i am also quite happy with my life. and ultimately it is the joy of being together with your family which brings the ultimate pleasure and satisfaction in someone's life.great post dear.keep posting.cheers-anu:)