1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

List of veggies and fruits for 6-9 month babies

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by saishilpahari, Nov 17, 2011.

1. saishilpahari

saishilpahari New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I m Shilpa, new to IL. My baby is 6 month old and i ve started giving her solids. she is havin ragi kanji, kichdi, carrot mash, apple mash. I m a wrkin woman and I need to resume back to wrk after 10 days leaving her from mrng till evng which by the way is very bad shakehead (but no other option :thumbsdown).

So plz give me list of other veggies n fruits which i can start, and also the time table of feeding. This wd help me a loooottt as i can fix up the time to take breaks from the office as per her feeding timetable... pls ladies help me

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shilpa,

you can slowly start all color vegetables first and then later start on green veg like spinach etc.
    - Try Dhal water, or Spinach water (just boil spinach in water and filter out water only )
    - Try boiled and pureed carrots
    - Boiled and pureed sweet potato (Please note - not regular potato. )
    - There is another thread with all suggestions and recipes for this age , please refer that as well :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/2847-foods-6-9-month-old.html

BTW how do you give khichdi ? do you run it in mixie or just mash it ?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. kathi

kathi New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,

Nice meeting you. Am a mother of a 9 month old baby girl and I started solids to my daughter like how u hav done. If ur daughter takes food full stomach, u can feed her once in three hours. If she is fussy abt food, make it a point dat u feed her atleast once in 2 hrs.

Start and end her day with breast milk for some more time till u r comfortable. Then follow it with Ragi / idli in between ragi n her rice, feed her some fruits. Take a banana,add some milk(optional),run it in mixie n feed her. Doctors say dat she wud require atleast 500ml milk. so add milk wherever u can.

you can give her all fruits except mango(pesticides n othr production pblm), grape(proper cleaning needed) pine apple in the initial days. u can feed her fruit salads- mix papaya, a smaller piece of apple n banana, run it in mixie n feed her.After she is 9 months, u can give her boiled nenthiram banana. it is very gud for health.

You can also give her boiled sweet potatoes.

Next, lunch - Add dal, veg like carrot, beet root , rice- pressure cook it, mash n feed her. feed her greens. you can opt to cook a handful seperately with a clove of garlic or just add it with the rice n cook.

i normally keep a vessel inside the same cooker with all othr veggies like carrot, beans,potato,tomato, noolcol,turnip,cabbage n pumpkin(all veggies 1" piece) with some water. add salt n pinch of turmeric pwdr. filter the water n giv her as soup.(gradually in 9 months or so, u can just giv her the mashed veggies water itself. I feed her the soup with food in the place of water coz i dont get some other time.

Then after 2 hrs, u can feed her with sweet lime juice.

eve, u can feed her some boiled milk

Dinner - Rice mashed with milk(sugar/salt) / rava kichadi/ rava boiled with milk n sugar / idli with dal / wheat flour boiled in milk.

these all i gave her under the guidance of the doctor n my mother.Each baby is different n u can experiment with n arrive at a sequence. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011