1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Liquor,Gurus, and other matters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Liquor,Gurus, and other matters

A few days back we were eating lunch, watching TV too, as Karan Dewan my brother, he was here for a short visit, was surfing the TV for the news on the Mumbai blasts, he passed a few channels of babas preaching. No names here, but some of them are funny, their mannerisms , how they pause for effect, just like politicians do when they want to deliver the killer punch.

My other brother then broke in , about Babas, and I am sure all of us brothers will go to Hell, bcs of the united curses of the living Gurus !

He said, that he had been to the initial satsang of a Guru, about two decades back,when the Guru was just new, and he said to the vast followers, that I would be very happy, if fewer people came to my satsangs, and instead stayed at home, to dwell more upon what they had heard from him, and his predecssors, and he said I would be the happiest, if one day there is no one to hear me at the satsang, that day I would know I have succeeded .

He said, why do u come to Satsang, why do u fall in love with the Guru, u should fall in love with Guru’s preachings, not the Guru, and we preach the same things over and over in different ways, the matter is the same, that do good, do no evil, mediate, remove anger and lust etc etc.

He ended with, that it is useless to fall in love with the physical form of the Guru, so don’t come to see me, or try to touch me, or try to pick up the dust from the ground over which I walk, don’t idolize me, don’t put my pictures at home, or in lockets.

That is when Eureka struck me. I told everyone then, that I have become a evolved soul listening to all this, and everyone started to look at me, for they consider me a gone case anyway !!!

I said, we go to the liquor shop, to buy whiskey, the nasha is in the whiskey, not in the shopkeeper. We should not fall in love with the Shop keeper, but with the whiskey, for the shopkeeper can change every day, it will not make a difference to us, as long as we get our fix of intoxication. So the whiskey is more important than the owner of the shop eh !

And then I remembered a song “ Agar daru ki Bottle mein Nasha Hota, to bottle Jhoomti”
    Meaning, if the intoxication was in the liquor bottle, the bottle would sway !!!

So the inner material Is more important than the exterior, teachings more important than the Guru himself or herself as the case may be.

Well at Satya Sai baba’s town, since SSB is no more people have stopped coming, there is no business now for the shopkeepers, flats under construction they are offering 40% discount, but no takers !!!

How can they call themselves smart businessmen, did they not see SSB getting old and frail, did they think he would not die and leave his mortal remains behind , then what will happen to their investments ? They are themselves to blame, if they thought Baba would live forever eh !

I discard the whiskey bottle after I polish off the contents, but I guess some people love the bottle more, they discard the contents and pray and worship the bottle ! Well each to their own really.

After my last blog Rajbala, where in I stressed the need for the business communities to take care of themselves rather than depend on the police, I think the Zaveri Bazar traders read my blog, and today papers said, they will now install cameras, and monitor them, they will give the contract to an outside company !

They did have 32 cameras, manned one lone employee, half the cameras were spoilt and rotten. Now they have woken up to the stark reality, that Apna Haath Jaaganath !

And today times of India middle page, had an article by a lady , which started with “ Dear Baba Ramdev”, and it reminded me of my blog posted some time back, almost the same things that I said.

Are people reading my blogs, and copying them too ? I wonder really.

Phone tapping I thought was happening only in India, with Amar Singh cribbing about his talks with starlets, like Bipasa, and then we had Radia Tapes, but now I come to know that Rupert Murdoch, was doing this since long, maybe our agencies got ideas from him eh !

Take care ladies and gentlemen, no offence meant to anyone here, just some thoughts that come now and then.

KAMAL MAHTANI

DEFINATION OF A HAPPY COUPLE

He does what she wants.
    She does what she wants !!!

A couple went on a honeymoon.
    The hotel manager said
    Sir , we need yr name and address,
    The lady, we don’t need, she is a regular customer !!!

Teacher – explain about Terrorist !
    Santa – Terrorist is a Tourist who comes from other countries to celebrate Diwali !!!

Maya wait was talking about Family Planning in parliament.
    Lalu got angry and said “ Hey babe, listen, don’t make rules fro Champions !!!

I don’t ask u to hang Kasab, I just request the Government of India to protect us in the same manner as they protect him !!!

Santa to librarian – I want a book called “ Pyscho the Rapist !
    Librarian searched for 3 hours, then came back and slapped Santa !
    And told him, the name of the book is Psychotherapist !!!

2 people like this.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ji Saab,
    The liquor that you have, without fail everyday (as per your words) does seem to have its effect on you!!
    Must meet your Mother once once & ask her, if it was
    Love at first sight
    for you :biggrin2:
    love.JPG

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

A very thought-provoking article. Loved the jokes.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

And then I remembered a song “ Agar daru ki Bottle mein Nasha Hota, to bottle Jhoomti”

kamalji???? I claim to be quite the expert on hindi songs but have never heard of this one..so aaj kal you have turned lyricist too???? LOL.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamalji, in your own way you are an enlightened soul - no no I am not flattering you!! See who else agrees with you, though in a different way :) When I read this,
    I was reminded of what Buddha has said and I googled it for for you! Here is how it goes :
    DOES THE SPOON TASTE THE SOUP?
    A FOOL MAY LIVE ALL HIS LIFE
    IN THE COMPANY OF A MASTER
    AND STILL MISS THE WAY.

I did read that article today in the TOI and infact could not take my eyes off without completly reading it. Doesn't it make you feel good that there are others who share your views? What? Oh you say they were infact copying yours?? Right on!!

Enjoyed it as always Kamalji!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, today you have proved that you are indeed an enlightened soul. Who can deny that the example you have given is a perfect parallel?

Enjoyed your jokes too. :)

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji....
    after reading these lines..... I AM IN SPLITS!!!!!... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA<<<<<<<<<.....
    what a great enlightened soul!!!!...
    love your jest for life....

That is when Eureka struck me. I told everyone then, that I have become a evolved soul listening to all this, and everyone started to look at me, for they consider me a gone case anyway !!!

I said, we go to the liquor shop, to buy whiskey, the nasha is in the whiskey, not in the shopkeeper. We should not fall in love with the Shop keeper, but with the whiskey, for the shopkeeper can change every day, it will not make a difference to us, as long as we get our fix of intoxication. So the whiskey is more important than the owner of the shop eh !

Meaning, if the intoxication was in the liquor bottle, the bottle would sway !!!

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

Now that is a cute looking me, where did u get my pic from eh ! HAHA
    Well in our particular family as a kid is two or three, as every male in the family drinks, sometimes on thekids birthday or some occasion, a finger is put in the whiskey and we make the kid lick it.so the initiation starts in childhood.Strange for u, for i know u dont drink, i mean yr families dont drink.

So yes i remember that song, Dilip kumar one
    Mujhe duniya walon sharabi na samjo, main peeta nahin hoon, pilai gayi hai.

HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

thanks for liking.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

i too have not heard this, but a friend told me in the garden when i told him i want to write this blog, he told me this is a song, or a ghazal i dont know.So i will have to ask him.

HAHA

Regards

kamal