1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lip care..Problems and suggestions to Get Red or Pink Lips Naturally

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by lailakhan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. SivaranjaniR

SivaranjaniR New IL'ite

Lipstick does not makes lip color black...

Only the cheap lipsticks will make the color change because the lead content will be very high in these lipsticks

So try for any branded lipsticks.... it will be bit costlier...
    but surely it does not change ur lip color
    beacause branded products will not contain lead content..

:thumbsup:-)

2. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Sivaranjani.. i thought all lipsticks will has this effect... thanks for the clarification.

3. SRISHAKTHI

SRISHAKTHI New IL'ite

Thanks Sivaranjini.

4. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Lip care..Problems and suggestions to Get Red or Pink Lips Naturally

How to Get Red or Pink Lips Naturally:thumbsup

The natural pink complexion of lips is sometimes darkened due to excessive smoking or chewing nicotine based products and drinking alcoholic beverages. Overuse of cosmetic products like lipsticks may also cause lips to turn dark. Drinking too much tea and coffee may also make lips turn dark. Prolonged exposure to the harsh rays of the sun may also lead to a similar condition.

Home Remedies to Make Lips Pink
    There are several simple home remedies to make lips look pinker. You should make sure to remove dirt particles, oil and dead skin cells that accumulate on the lips throughout the day. You may gently wash your lips with some cold water every night before going to bed for this purpose. You may also wipe your lips very gently with a ball of cotton wool soaked in chilled rose water to make your lips look softer and pinker.

Another remedy is to mix a pinch of turmeric powder with teaspoon of cold milk or milk cream and massage your lips with this paste every day for five minutes. This will make your lips look naturally red and supple. Massaging the lips with some glycerin on a daily basis also helps restore to the lips their original color. One of the most popular solutions for solving the problem of dark lips is to smear them with a little honey every night before going to bed. This nourishes the skin cells of the lips and makes them look brighter naturally.

For another remedy, mix a teaspoon each of almond oil and lemon juice and apply this mixture on the lips every day. Leave it on till it dries and then wash your lips with cold water. You may also add a little powdered sugar on a thin slice of lime and rub your lips with it very gently. This acts as a natural exfoliating and bleaching agent that makes lips look smoother and redder. Overnight application of a little clarified butter on the lips also helps redden their color naturally. You may also soak a few almonds in half a cup of milk overnight, grind them finely to a paste the next morning and apply it on your lips. This helps make lips regain their original color in a few months. A mixture of some gram flour, a spoon each of honey and yoghurt and a few drops of lime juice may also be used regularly on the lips to make them redder

Soniya Jaraika As Chitra Jaraika:coffee

1 person likes this.
  5. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

re: Lip care..Problems and suggestions to Get Red or Pink Lips Naturally

thank u very much,these tips will surely help all of us.

6. chitrajaraika

Hi Crossaints

Thanks a lot for ur reply:thumbsup:-)

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Vaseline Rosy Lips

Hello,

Vaseline Rosy Lips is a lip therapy (petroleum jelly) with rose and almond oil. What it does; gently tints and cares for your pout. The packaging is tin/pot. I feel lip balm in a tin/pot has that vintage look, which I absolutely love.

To be honest, this is my second pot. The first one was snatched away by my sister last month aaaaaaaahhhhh......! I bought my first pot at the Morrisons and the second, at Tesco. Morrisons, it was for some 1.45 pounds and in Tesco, not so sure, must be the same. I find price different, though ( 5 -10 pence). That should not be a problem, anyway for a product like this........:) It is 20-g, but you get so much of product that lasts ages and ages! I can tell that I am absolutely hooked to this!

I love this so far and this does what it is supposed to do! I can talk nonstop about this product, but in brief.....this is like "canned roses". I think the most appealing part of this is the colour which is really irresistable. Pink is staple for many girls and so is Vaseline rosy lips. Though I am not thaaa...t fond, there are a couple of pink shades I adore!

I was never ever tempted to get the basic version of Vaseline, but I fell for the pink! Very girly........ Somehow, it's not sticky, but very moisturizing! The consistency of the product is kinda gel with oil base provided with the hint of tint, which is very very subtle. Staying power is moderate, which I really dont mind as I love to reapply this. It smells good like roses, but on the stronger end. I find it doing the work of both lip balm and gloss, which is very recommendable. Though the tint fades away, lips are still moisturized and that's what we all look for in any lip product. I can say for sure that the tint fades very evenly.

The weather in UK makes my lips chapped round the time, so I am in the run for the best lip balms and lip treatments since last month. The race includes Blistex, Carmex, Sally Hansen and finally Vaseline Rosy Lips (I am sure that's all I have).

Personally, I dont find any fault with this product. I mean......whatelse do you expect from a product as good as Vaseline to do? Especially for that price, who can complain? This is the most strongest version of Rose Water, which can "make or break" the buy! I don't find it very over-powering, though. As we all know, almond oil is well-known for its moisturizing tendency and it helps in nourishing. Anything floral or fruity-scented is okay for me, but I simply can't stand that fake wax smell unless the colour of the product dominates the scent.

The product appears pigmented, which it is not exactly. I wish it was much more pigmented than it appears! As I see, there is nothing like SPF in this which helps in protecting the lips from sun, but can be excused!

I love this product so much that I wish to have it everywhere I go...muuaaahhhh.........This certainly has got that oooooooomph in it somehow and somewhere! My sis devil literally digs into the tin and I can see half of the product already gone.....

If you really want the purpose to be served and something economic, definitely Vaseline Rosy Lips is the one for you! I tried many other balms; especially lip treatments & therapies but nothing seems to do the job as Vaseline does, especially for that price range! I dont say that this "IS" the one, but this is one among the best! If I have to carry something which moisturizes my lips and gives that tint, I will surely grab this without any second thoughts. I definitely recommend this to my folks!

This is a real big saver for me and I am surely gonna get my hands on few more tins! I cant imagine somebody snatching this again from me. I am not even sure if this is available in India. Finally, my race for lip treatment ends here with Vaseline Rosy Lips!!!

The ingredients; Petrolatum, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Aroma and Linalool. This is Norway make by Unilever.

Here is my all time fav, Vaseline Rosy Lips picture:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  8. chitrajaraika

Re: Vaseline Rosy Lips

Thanks for ur tips.nice post but i dnt know whether its available in INDIA.Let i try it.:)

yeah i am using grape flavoured lip balm.it makes d liprose.

In home i am trying turmeric+milk.It change my lip color to red.:rotfl

u can easily prepare a lipstick Saffron(Kungumapoo)+butter.its easy to prepare:coffee

Hence ur tips is quite useful for me.Surely i searched Vaseline product

Really superb tips.

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup

9. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Re: Vaseline Rosy Lips

Hi,

thanks for the detailed product review and for the photo too....will check out for this product here in U.S......

pavi

10. Ishasri

Ishasri New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm sharing one more tip with you.

Apply white petroleum jelly in the night before going to bed.

Morning while brushing massage slowly and softly with the bristles.

It makes wonder!