1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lip care..Problems and suggestions to Get Red or Pink Lips Naturally

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by lailakhan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. lailakhan

lailakhan New IL'ite

i have been reading this forum for some time now...i need help...my problem is my lips. they are usually dry, even though i apply vaseline to my lips b4 i go to bed regularly but still they bcom dry. i used to have red lips but they are bcoming black day by day, i dont apply lipstick at all as my husband doesn't like it. so, what can be the reason of dark lips? plz help.

2. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Hi Lailakhan,

hope this helps
    [FONT=times new roman,times]1) Dark Lips:[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times] You will be surprised to know that our lips unlike most part of our body do not have any melanin pigment to protect them. Lips are covered on the outside by a thin layer of skin and on the inside by virtually transparent mucous membranes. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Therefore it is necessary to take care of our lips and to eat well-balanced food and lots of fruits. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]If you have dark lips you have to do the following………[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]*Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]* Stop smoking.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]* Avoid lipstick.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]* Apply a layer of oil and leave it on for several hours. Best apply before going to bed[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]* Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantity. Apply a coat of this on the lips and leave on overnight. This has to be done daily for at least two weeks for best results.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times]* Massage lips: Every night with a mixture of 1/2 tsp. Glycerine and 1/2 tsp. Castor oil with 1/2 tsp. Lemon juice and leave overnight. [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times] *Apply cream from curds with saffron on your lips[/FONT]

regards
    Kalpana.

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

dark lips can be due to anemia.Go to doctor and get ur HB checked.I am having a home remedy for it but don't forget to check ur HB.Mix milk(unboiled) with a pinch of salt,rub it on lips with cotton,you will see the difference.you can exfoliate ur lips with ur brush while brushing ur teeth.

4. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Any suggestions/tip from anybody to get rid of dark lips...

5. vinayaka1979

vinayaka1979 Senior IL'ite

use chapstick with an acceptable spf..avoid excess exposure to sun, lip biting, etc. also i've heard that rubbing beetroot juice helps improve lip color. i've never tried this though

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Apply a thick layer of vaseline/ oil on lips before bed, and during the day apply ur chapstick many times.

7. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks vinayaka and ruby. will try your suggestions

8. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

No problems...let me now if it works

9. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Found some useful tips from the internet for getting rid of dark lips (It seems to be working fine for me !)

In the morning apply a layer of vaselin to you lips and brush your lips with an old tooth bursh for say for 10-20 seconds..(I normally do this routine soon after brushing my teeth) . If this is done on a daily basis , it will remove the dry lip skin and gradullay your lips will regain pink color . Remember to apply another layer of vaseline after washing you lips to keep it moisturized for the rest of the day !.
    Also drink lots of water .. Hope this helps

10. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks usr12 for your tips.