1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Gone Wild In Dates Empire

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 21, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, I too did not like the syrup. But seeing the repeated advertisements I was tempted to try it out. As kids we never ate dates due to the flies and the unhygienic conditions. Now I buy packaged ones, though not the Lion brand. :grinning:( it is not available in my area.)

To me dates immediately remind me of the sweet chutney we make for Paanipuri or the other chaat items. That reminds me of the 1/2 kilo dates that are waiting for me to process them into droolworthy chutney.:yum:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Before offer to guests with their small ones, I happened to pre inspect under bright sunlight de seeded and un-seeded of various brands including LION.
    2. I had discovered through magnifying glass live worms dancing and I reported this to companies who had come with replacements and offered gifts of their items in their product range.
    3. I stopped buying dates in all forms as I found in replacements too the worms.
    4. One has got to be extra careful with solids liquids intake which has potential to damage our vitals. Thanks for re-response.
    Regards.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Wowww really an inspiring one @Thyagarajan sir. Thank you for sharing.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Regards.

5. Thyagarajan

@sweetsmiley
    Thank you for clicking the LIKE.
    2. I do hope you relished dates.
    Regards.

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

OMG! Live worms~~~~:eek:!!!
    I will check it thoroughly under the sunlight before using. Thanks for the enlightenment:tired:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:In solids if one discovers worms he or she knows what to do. But in liquids or extracts from solids...... "only stars under which he she born should help.
    Regards.
    GOD BLESS connoisseur of food.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

I revisited this thread as a bosom friend's family presented themselves to meet me with gifts that includes dates in sealed bags.
    Their gift includes fruits and nuts.
    Nuts including cashew.
    The large cashews looked tempting. After friend' s family base good bye I opened the cashew pouch and found it were all whole piece. I split one and found fungus and microsize worm squirming in it.
    I found from prints on the package phone number of fruits & nuts - a popular shop having branches all over. I conveyed to him the date of packing and date of opening the packet and date of expiry 3 more months left.
    Their rep came next day and I showed the pack with cashew. He too split a few and found black fungus colony in the shallow of broken cashew. He handed replacement and compliments. In his presence when I opened and inspected a cashew in the same manner the rep was shocked to see fungus and micro size worm.
    One has got to be meticulous with figs too which when riped and plucked dipped in (cheap) honey dried and then packed.