1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Like It Or Not

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 31, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcometo my thread and glad to get your feedback

snehashree likes this.
  2. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

I love to give FB to your threads anyone likes it or not :p I feel happy giving FB and when its the first FB I am even more happy :D

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

@Iyervijji ji... Hello , I am trying to know the IL community slowly and steadily. Usually ...my GPS is Justanotherwife :) in this site , whenever I get time to peek into the site .

I read your post and it is so perfect . I would definitely keep in mind to read your beautiful posts. Have a good day.

I feel the best part of life, is death ,if one is prepared for it!... just my opinion :).

iyerviji and Justanotherwife like this.
  4. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Dhanyosmi :)
    This calls for a thread of its own. Whenever you find time, hope you will be able to elaborate further. Thanks :)

iyerviji and Goodgod like this.
  5. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji : Dear VijiMa,
    Very nice snippet, it's very true whether we like it or not we should accept certain things and let go of certain things. Life is constantly changing, moving, growing, and evolving so nothing is permanent. Everything comes and goes, we learn to witness it. We learn to become an observer, am I right VijiMa!

You have touched the hearts of many, congrats!

iyerviji likes this.
  6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin aunty,
    A nice vitamin post for me down with viral fever- true true and it is upto us to make the most of what we get to do or have to do- and make our life beautiful....
    Liked your post...Thankyou so much for the postitiveness you bring with your posts dear aunty!

iyerviji likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true Vijima. Often we have no choice but to like it or lump it. The more cheerfully we do whatever comes our way, the easier it is than to groan and moan about it. This is what is called 'titiksha'. The weather is hot, you can't do anything to change it. Grumbling all the time about it is not going to change it either. So it is better to endure it as gracefully as possible.

Kamla and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Justanotherwife,@Goodgod, @knbg and @satchitananda for your feedbacks. As I am going for a marriage will write to your all individually when I come back,

Justanotherwife likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Nothing happens according to our liking or disliking. We have to move on taking everything in our stride.
    PS

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

"Om tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ pushtivardhanam
    urvārukamiva bandhanānmṛmrityor mokshiye maamritat"

Here is the description and meaning of this Mahamrityunjaya Mantra:

This mantra is addressed to Lord Shiva for warding off untimely death. It is also chanted while smearing vibhuti over various parts of the Body and utilized in Japa or Homa to get desired results. While its energy protects and guides the initiates a mantra re-links consciousness to its deeper and more abiding nature and repetition of the mantra constitutes Japa, the practice of which develops concentration that leads to a transformation of awareness. Whereas the Gayatri Mantra is meant for purification and spiritual guidance, the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is meant for healing rejuvenation and nurturance. Between these two, we have everything we need.

The true meaning is as follows:

Tryambakam: The three eyed lord (Shiva) who sees what we can see but who also sees what we can not see. Hence 3 eyed. Yajamahe: Yajanam is invocation; I invoke Sugandhim Prushti Vardhanama: Increase my good vasanas (not of material aspects like gold, money,sex, anger, the 6 enemies etc)

urvarikam eva bandhanat mrityur mokshiya ma mrutat: When I die my soul should leave the body as easily ( without attachment) as the cucumber falls from its plant.

we don't control anything in this world. Our body, mind and intellect are merely instruments that are gifted to us by the Lord to perform actions. Every thing that happens around us are predetermined about which we have no control. We can only control our destiny by our own good actions.

Viswa

Kamla and iyerviji like this.