1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Like It Or Not

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 31, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

All the best things in life are not meant to last. Things really change and so do people. You can never hold on to something forever. So, whether we like it or not, we must have to accept things as possible. In short, 'learn to live and to let go.'

Whether we like it or not we have to do some things. We have to go to school to be well educated and earn a living after we grow up . Now a days education has become a must , even girls should be well educated guys need working woman

Woman have to cook everyday whether they like it or not , they have no retirement from kitchen , though some get retirement after the dil comes but still they dont like to give up cooking . They want to cook for their family.

Whether they like it or not workers have to go for construction work that too in the hot sun. We can tdo without fan , after going out immediatley we come home and sit under the fan. But the whole day they have to work as that is their living

Sometimes our greatest blessing are the prayers god doesn't answer because he knows thats not whats best for us whether we like it or not.

Sometimes you have to through a phase whether you like it or not
    Death is a part of all our lives. Whether we like it or not, it is bound to happen. Instead of avoiding thinking about it, it is better to understand its meaning. We all have the same body, the same human flesh, and therefore we will all die. There is a big difference, of course, between natural death and accidental death, but basically death will come sooner or later. If from the beginning your attitude is 'Yes, death is part of our lives,' then it may be easier to face.

I like to write snippets whether anyone likes it or not , whether I get feedbacks or not because I feel happy writing a snippet and when I get feedbacks I am more happy, then very happy when it is nominated and on top of the world when I get an award

kiran82, anika987, Kamla and 18 others like this.
  2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Very nice thread. After a long time managed to reply your thread today.
    Had been thinking along the same lines and so thought will give a quick reply.
    None are going to be here forever as you had rightly pointed out, but it just takes time to let go. But will eventually happen in every person's life. You had written these thoughts which had been hovering in my mind in a very nice and clear manner.

Unfortunately I had used all my quota to nominate this thread, but I like all the quotes you had written here very much.

Thanks,
    Vaidehi

Justanotherwife and iyerviji like this.
  3. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Aunty, what you said is true. Like it or not we have to do some things. Life does throw some challenges and disappointments and whether we like them or not we have to face them. Yes, whether we will come out successfully or fail utterly is another matter on the whole. Happy to read your snippet as always. Keep posting.
    Have a nice day.
    daisy2015

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  4. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Good one aunty..as usual this is going to be 'my thought for the whole day'...very true..we like it or not we do lot of things in our day to day life..guess this is an inherited nature of Indian women..

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Why you have turned so philosophical in this snippet. Right from the moment we are born, every next moment we start dying. That is Nature's process and irrespective of whether we like to live for a long time or like to die early, when our time comes to bid adieu to this world we have to. i have to endure long power cuts during hot summer, that too in nights, whether I like it not.
    For me writing snippets takes almost a month, because of so many family commitments. But I sure respond If I find some serious ones or extremely humorous ones. Even in my reply to satchi's post I have commented about less number FBs we get nowadays. Many times there is not even a courtesy reply for the comment we post here. So let' s move on and get on with reality.

Agatha83

joylokhi and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to see you here Vaidehi dear and to get you first feedback. Where were you all these days, was missing you. Good to know same thoughts were hovering in your mind.

You can nominate for June month will will be started today or tomorrow and bring a smile on my face.
    :D(do not know whether this is the right icon , could not find the smiling icon)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hi Daisy, how are you, seeing you after a long, long time, glad to get your feedback. Glad you liked my snippet , true dear something we have to face whether we like it or not

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad this is going to be your thought , thanks for your feedback

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes I become philosphical when things dont happen . True dear nothing in our hands , God has already written how long we have to live, so wehther we like it or not we have to accept it. Sorry to know about the long power cuts. In your case you always get good fbs dear because you write well though you write once in a while. In my case I write often whether anyone likes it or not and so sometimes get less fbs. I had also been attending functions so could not give fbs to many threads. When you wrote about the hair , I read when you had written and wanted to give the first fb but something came in between and till now have not given fb, will surely give

10. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Very true :) And I believe we should take life as it comes. When we accept then life becomes easier to live. Regards, Lakshmi

iyerviji likes this.