Lighting lemon lamps - article and story !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by mssunitha2001, Nov 27, 2010.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

when time permits read the whole article....but let me post the jist for you....

Young people who perform this Pooja will excel in studies while the unmarried will be able to find a good life partner, married ladies will have a happy married life and their families will proper, the childless will have children and have a happy and prosperous life. Of all the days, Tuesday is the most auspicious day. The time is fixed viz: 3.00 pm and 4.30 pm on Tuesdays, 10.30 am and 12.00 pm on Fridays and 4.30 pm and 6.00 pm on Sundays. All the times that I mentioned are the Ragu Neeram ( the time of the Ragu ). Of all the Devi`s Pooja ( Varalakshmi Pooja, Pournami Pooja, Thiruvilaku Pooja ), Ragu Kalam Durga Pooja is the most simplest one. Utensils and sundries needed for the pooja are – Limes ( lime cut into a bit more than half and invert it )-( odd numbers ( a maximum of 9 ), wick, ghee and turmeric rice ,a tambalam ( silver plate ) and prasadam ( fruits, betel leaves and Areca nut ).

the story goes like this-

“ A couple blessed with a child after their continuous prayers to Divine Mother. The child reached her puberty age and the parents decided to seek an astrologer to ask the fate of the child in future. The couple was shocked to get to know that their daughter has “ Ragu Thosam ( very bad time –Ragu is controlling her time ) and the ninth day from her birthday, a black serpent will bite her to death. Hearing this, the couple rushed to get the protection and remedies from Mother Durga. At this moment, Goddess Parvathy who wander as a saint in earth to help her devotees and Parvathy took the vow to save the child. The time comes and as predicted before , Ragu ( the serpent-head ) changes himself as a serpent and try his very best to kill the girl. Each of his attempt been blocked by Sakti and at last Sakti herself reincarnate as the girl and Ragu mistakenly bite Sakti thus made a sinful act. Ragu beg for forgiveness and as a reward he let go the girl. In forgiving his mistakes, Durga Matha remind him that Ragu thosam and Ragu`s influences will ease for those who are performing Pooja for her at Ragu Neeram ( a bad time ) and those who are conducting the pooja will be blessed by Mother Durga.

Mother Durga is the power that guides and protects the devotee’s spiritual practice form its many danger and pitfalls. So, by performing this Ragu Kalam Durga Pooja, Mother Durga will bestow peace and prosperity in our life.

[​IMG]

The link (below)

Ragu Kalam Durga Pooja

1 person likes this.

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the information dear with such a lovely explanation. pleased to read it with story.
    :cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sunitha...Thank you so much for sharing this information...

1 person likes this.
  4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hey Sunitha!

Thanks a lot for this information. Though I knew about the lighting of lamps during Rahu Kalam, the story behind that is new to me.

Thanks for the link too.

1 person likes this.
  5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunita

Thanks once again for such an informative post.

1 person likes this.
  6. susheelasunil

susheelasunil New IL'ite

Hi sunitha,

thanks for the story..
    i know that the lemon lights are lightned for any devi..
    i saw in banashankari temple of bangalore..so many people do this on tuesday and friday..

1 person likes this.