lifestyle in Cochin

Discussion in 'Cochin' started by babymomma, Jan 19, 2010.

1. babymomma

babymomma New IL'ite

Dear Cochin ladies,

nice to see all of u here... I am from pathanamthitta but settled in US for the past 14 yrs..came to US while studying in HS.. now my DH and I are planning to go back to kerala and settle there.. we have our house in edappally...
    I am really worried about going back.. I love being in kerala but USile comfort lifesyleum ayittu orupadu adjusted ayi.. nattil vannal engane akum ennu ariyilla.. we r planning to settle in cochin.. can u plz tell me howz the daily life in cochin... especially things around edapally.... grocery shopping okke evidunnu, pinne bills okke engane pay cheyum... electricity, water etc....
    good schools in or near edappally..traffic... etc....any IT companies near by....etc

thanks so much... waiting for ur replies....

2. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

hey babymomma,

i think lifestyle should be fine, ellam oru adjustment alle? if you decide to move to kerala, maybe i am just biased, but cochin would be the best place to maintain the us lifestyle on kerala's pace. IT companies, I don't know, I am assuming Smart City is coming up right?!

there quite a few supermarkets in and around edappally - Palarivattom would be the center I guess, its a mini city in itself, chanda, supermarkets, bakeries, restaurants tons of it. vandi odikal will be a problem but it's part of the Kerala living!

I hope all works out!! :thumbsup

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Cochin is advancing both facilitywise and tech wise day by day! I find it a welcoming city! All modern amenities are available at a stones throw...BUT the traffic congestion is a major issue!! For that matter all other indian metros are almost the same when it comes to traffic! The Global school is kindoff ok though not out of the world. They have a good atmosphere with lot of NRI kids. But depends in which grade ur daughter is in? Why are u moving to kerala? Recession?

4. sarvatha

sarvatha Junior IL'ite

i think in terms of lifestlyle and living, pathanamthitta is better than the concrete mesh and mosquito harem called cochin. :)

5. monakaripel

monakaripel New IL'ite

you would not have much trouble in getting settled in edapally, of course the roadways and traffic are truly chaotic as for schools i warn you never seek the campion school it;s a dumb school with a dumb system of teaching- learning. chinmaya vidyalaya and st. teresa's school are the best , academically and for good character building .

6. rajmenon22

rajmenon22 New IL'ite

hai...im interested...im a wholesale ditributor of garments and ornaments...
    im male 27 from thrissur...

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013