1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's most piquant situations!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest sir cheeniya and Manju
    I love being mentioned, who cares about the contex, as long as I am remembered I am happy. Cheeniya sir is someone whose legs I love to pull and Manju is a " fun - pudding".
    I went thru. a frustrating incident today....went all the way to my dh bank took 40 mins to find a parking and on reaching the cheque deposit machine realised I had left the cq on the dressing table! I was almost in tears....serves me right for pulling the legs of " our dear old cheeniya sir"....sorry again, but the scene where his bike fails to restart at the signal ......I cannot help but chuckle, I hope I'm around the next time to view that......
    Ha...ha...
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    Thank you very much for your compliments and rating "Start early reach late" as one my finest.
    It's akin to receiving a 101 out of 100.

You have made my day.

1 person likes this.
  3. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Whoever this Murphy is, he's ruining my life sir ! Pops up at the most unexpected times to din his theory into my ears !
    " If anything can go wrong, it will " he said originally. But he keeps adding corollaries , just to goad me into insanity .

If anything can go wrong in my life, it will......at the most importunate moment ( Extension 1)......and it will be my fault ( Extension 2).....and the whole world will be notified about it ( Extension 3)!

In my case, somehow, if anything cannot go wrong, that will go wrong too......much to the glee of Mr. Murphy !

I have got wiser and more visionary than Mr. Murphy now. And found out that :

If things can go wrong in four different ways and I have fixed them very cleverly, it will go wrong in a fifth , unanticipated way.....at the most embarassing moment ......Extensions 1, 2, 3.....

If everything is going well ...something is wrong somewhere ! ( Mr. Murphy is lurking in the shadows...)

If something can go wrong, it already has ; only I was not informed about it.

I read somewhere : " The likelihood of something happening is inversely proportional to the desirability of it happening." How true ! I don't know how this Paulo Coelho gang can keep singing" the universe will conspire to realise what you fervently dream for... etc..etc." when Mr. Murphy , the Omnipotent, is right at hand to see to its demolition !

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    Nice to see you back here!
    This 'If anything can go wrong, it will' of Murphy has been operative throughout my life. And I have had a dazzling array of extensions to it. You are right about 'if everything is going well, something is wrong somewhere'. A classic example of this was an old aunt of mine who was a chronic hypochondriac. If she woke up any morning without any part of her body bothering her, she would get mighty worried and rush to the family medico!

Murphy has given me enough confidence in my life to know that if everything comes my way, I am on the wrong lane!
    Sri

5. Srama

Srama IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

what a delightful read this made! Every time I change lanes while driving because the other lane appears faster, the lane I have changed to invariably slows down as soon as I change lanes.

Of course then there is the Universal way kids always prove their moms wrong - I have often wondered about how thier most favorite food invariably becomes least favorite while at some body else's place and vice versa!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading sir and to your sense of humor, I can only :hatsoff

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Srama
    Thank you for your appreciation!
    Nothing tickles my fancy as much as Murphy's laws. Newer ones keep getting added regularly and each derivative is more awesome than the original. The more I read them , the more I realise how my whole life is bound by these laws. But I must tell you this that looking at our life through the window of Murphy's laws is the only way to lessen the burden of life and go with a song on our lips!
    Sri

1 person likes this.