1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's most piquant situations!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 19, 2007.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I like the first one....your wife with a cup of coffee when you were watching something interesting on PC...your granddaughter should have seen you watching that picture. At least your wife would something angry or sarcastic comment to you but your GD would tell the whole world "Tatha is watching xxxxx". That would have been even more piquant.

I have many such situations....but many have already written them, so no repetitions......The one when I was on the other side and felt like an absolute stupid. I am a member of some other forum also...I used to argue with another member vehemently on some topics, many times disagreed (but we are not enemies). He used to send beautiful forwards, mostly about aeroplanes and flying objects. I told him I traveled to many places(with a tinge of pride, I know I should not be like that but still), does he also likes traveling and flying, as many of his forwards were about planes. Then he told.....Oh, yes,he is a retired fighter plane pilot, got a gallantry award and he can put that award initials after his name forever...but he does not like doing it and brag about it. He wants to communicate in an informal way arguing, discussing and has a terrific sense of humour.I felt like a stupid arguing all the silly things! He said he enjoyed all my arguments and said this should not prevent me for further arguing. This is one my very very piquant situations.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    I can nickname you as 'Flying Murphy'! You can write a whole book of Murphy's Laws on your inexhaustible flying experience alone. Not only that, you have the capacity to state them as laws instead of making them as plain statements. Hats off to you!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Syamala
    I am surprised to hear that you argue vehemently! I have not had the privilege of facing your ire so far. Hats off to that flying officer who had won a gallantry award too for graciously letting you talk about your own flying experience. I would not call your arguments with him as a piquant situation but a learning experience. It is indeed a privilege to get acquainted with such distinguished personalities in the cyber world.
    Sri

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    I really enjoyed your piquant situations and those of others too. My favorite is your wife coming behind you with a cup of coffee.
    Here are a few of mine:
    -I'll start with my thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...26521-start-early-reach-late.html#post1666694.
    - Finding a parking space under a tree in the dead heat of summer and the whole day it rains.
    - Planning to cook something exotic and my husband asks for buttermilk rice.
    - My computer freezes and starts the moment I call my husband for help.
    - This used to happen when I lived in India..after a day's hard work finally lying down in bed and switch the radio to listen to some soothing music but to hear, "Engey nimmadhi, engey nimmadhi..." (where there is peace, where there is peace...)

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I argue a lot...but I should first reach a comfortable level. It takes some time.

Yes, it is a learning experience also.....one has to be humble.

Syamala

6. Cheeniya

My dear Kamala
    I would rate your http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...26521-start-early-reach-late.html#post1666694 as one of your all time greats. That puts you on par with men and mice of Robert Brown in going 'Gang aft agley'!

Your piquant situations are good ones and your curd rice asking husband takes the cake (besides the curd rice of course!) I love your translation of 'Engey Nimmadhi'. The 'there' in it makes it sound almost philosophical!
    Sri

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir cheeniya
    NEVER FEAR WHEN MEGA IS hERE. Let me see if I can give you some quickkiies to save your face.

1 person likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Mega
    The Old Reliable! With that kind of support from you, nothing can ever become piquant. I guess the best way to survive them is to have the gift of the gab. You'll any day be the most resourceful pal of mine! And yet, you make me sad.

Here I am trying to save our country a few precious drops o0f oil and thereby reduce our dependence on oil-rich nations and while in the process of this noble task, I get stuck. And you stand there and heckle me saying 'You deserve it, miserly Cheeniya! And no solutions for this problem and certainly not from me!' Is this the way to deal with patriotism? You don't have to stand there and sing 'Vande Mataram' of A.R.Rehman in a hoarse voice. Can't you at least say, "My heart bleeds Cheeniya that your car does not reflect your patriotic spirit'?
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri uncle,

What can you expect a bubbly lady residing at Abu Dhabi will tell you (just kidding Mega dear). Don't be sad. I'm with you. I even switch off my activa when the signal timer shows more than 15 seconds.

That was very enjoyable post. The post made in 2007 still being live with so many participation shows that.

Most situations have been told. But still ....

1. My daughter asks for ghee roast, I meet her standard of roast after 2 or 3 attempts, I serve her. When I am about to put chutney or milagai podi, she asks for ' thottukka thayir' (curd as side dish).

2. I wait for particular bus for long time, get into it even it is overcrowded when it arrives finally to see a same route bus with empty seats coming behind this.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

My dear Manju
    Nice to see a kindred soul in you! I forgot that dear Mega is a resident of an oil rich nation. Why should she switch off her car when it runs literally on something as common as water there? I really wonder how much of our country's money goes up in smoke as we wait for the traffic jams to clear!

'Thottukka thayir' is a very familiar strain. I hear it from my grand daughters almost every day! You must be a very pretty thing to attract all the crowd into your bus!
    Sri

2 people like this.