1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's most piquant situations!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    I'm dropping in quickly to warn u not to fall for chitra's "It is the parantha eNNam" speech. waiting to hear your feedback.
    Enjoying the posts of everyone. Great reading!!!
    regards
    anandchitra:-D

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    How about the situation when somebody asks a question at the same time you had just put something in your mouth to munch? If that somebody is your in-law?
    Sriniketan

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I always used to remind myself of the 'Murphy's Law whenever I fell into a piquant situation as you have enumerated. But then, it needs a genius as you to reproduce that as an article and make us roll in laughter!
    One of the latest experiences that I had was this- I had to attend a meeting at 2.30pm and I left home at 1.00, well ahead of time so that I would find enough time for bargains with the automen before I boarded one. (I didn't have my car that day.) Endha autokaranum padiyale. They were quoting outrageous rates! So, oru veeraappula I decided to try a bus which I have rarely done! Since I needed to take 2 buses to reach the destination I thought I could travel 1/2 way through by bus and the remaining distance I could hire an auto. But alas! All the buses except the one I was waiting for speeded by! The time was 1.30 and if I could not get my bus now I would be late for the meeting! Atlast suyamariyaadhaya kuppaile poottuttu, I beckoned the same automan with whom I had had an altercation because there was no other available and time was flying! With the usual cheeky and triumphant smile, that fellow let me into the auto and started the vehicle. And what do you think I saw through the rear view mirror? Not one but two buses of the same number that I had been waiting for (kaal kadukka) lining up one after the other leisurely at the bus stop that had very few waiting passengers at that unearthly hour when the sun was having a hay day!
    Hmmm......... What else can I call this if not 'Murphy's Law'!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheenia,

An interesting topic once again. I have faced many piquant situations in BARC. Whenever I go to library and look for a journal of a particular year, excepting that journal all others will be available inavraibly. While waiting for bus in Mumbai I have faced many a time these piquant situations. If I am waiting for 1 Ltd., bus excepting that all others will come and go again and again. Whereas another day if I am waiting for say 2 Ltd., bus, number of 1 Ltd., buses will come and go.

On the lighter side, in Tamil there is a famous saying, ' virumbi ponal vilaki pokum, vilaki ponal virumbi varum'. Is it an example of Murphy's law?

Regards,

TDU

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear sri,
    My two cents, please !

Law of present-day relationships;
    More the physical distance between MIL & DIL, more the harmony in their interaction.
    The closeness between siblings after marriage is directly proportional to the bond shared by their spouses.

The more late you leave home to catch a train, the more traffic jams you have to wade through and the less chances of your catching the train.
    The more passionate you are about cooking, the less passionate your husband is of eating.(yes, sonda anubhavam !)
    The more prosperous you are in your family, the less popular you become for obvious reasons.

Let me quote (like TDU) in a lighter vain:
    In Tamil, we say,
    Kenjinaal minjuvar
    MinjinaalO kenjuvar !
    Does this come under Murphy's law?

The more I write, I now feel, less the chances of getting your prize - so shall stop now.

Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  6. rekharam

rekharam New IL'ite

Hi All

I'm a new member here:) Thot i'll start my posting with a reply to this:-D
    All of them who have had the experience of traveling by the sub-urban trains from Chennai Central would have defenitely experienced this.When the station is over crowded and people rush to catch the train that has just arrived into the station, I always manage to get the window seat only to hear the announcement that the train goes to Shed and then I go standing in the next train :bangcomp:

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anandchitra,
    Neenga Cheeniya sir ai warn panninathai pathu nan udane bathil pottuttene, ippo enna sollureenga ? Parantha ennaththai kurukiya vattathukkul atakkitteenga !
    Ennai kutham sollathenga, enakku prize kidaichal !:mrgreen:
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja
    Veena strings have the uncanny ability to know when the player is serious! You can fool them around by looking very casual and not so sincere!
    sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Cheer
    Is it not something that every one of us experience every day? a good one indeed. There is a Murphy's law about standing in a queue which is very similar to your experience. Pl do come up with more!
    sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    You wont believe it but the 'prior commitments' of chitvish made me scratch my head so much, it started bleeding!
    But to hear you say that you cant conceive life's piquant situations was more or less like chitvish hiding behind her 'prior commitments'! Come on girl, pamper your grey cells and come out with something juicy!
    Sri