1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's Like That..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Reenae, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

That was good and I agree with you... When you reach out to somebody, it gives you and that person a sense of happiness and joy...

I still remember, when I joined Co. as Manager Accts. one of my associates, didnt turn up for work and came next day. He was introduced to me. I asked him, why he didnt come yesterday... He told his wife was not well, so he has to take her to hospital... I just tapped him and told... Family first... and went off... Though I forgot this incidence... After 2 years, this was brought by him to some other people, as an appreciation... This reminded me a small bit of concern shown to him he had remembered for a long time...

3. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Reane,

I totally agree with you.Everybody needs a little touch and caress in these stressful lifestyles.It really helps when you caress family members when they are not feeling well and they really need it.My father used to sit with me and used to pat on my back when I was little a girl.I used to suffer lot from tanscillities.

I think little babies need more of touch and love as it helps in growing them with confidence and secureity.I really don't understand keeping the newbabies in seperate nursery.That is why they are more insecure and less emotionally strong.

Hello Vysan ,

Indeed a nice gesture to remember for the co worker.It is nice to know always the real life inspirational stories.

4. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Friends..

I wish there were more people who appreciate the value of touch. A few kind words, a pat on the back goes a long way but the world has changed and is changing all the time.

I was waiting at the underground station this morning for my train into the city when an elderly man walked past me repeatedly looking at everyone at the platform and shaking his head as if in disbelief. he then turned round and said "Do you know that the biggest disease of all is being mean enough not to smile". Yaa I guess he's right to some extent, the smile has vanished from people's faces - we all seem to be so engrossed in our own worlds of work, home and family that we have practically forgotten the art of smiling.