1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's lessons from my view

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 18, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Every successful person has a painful story and a beautiful ending. No one can go back and change a bad beginning, but anyone can start and create a wonderful ending. Life may be tough and difficult, but the value we gain from hardships make it all worth the journey.
    Punkinhead Abhishek quotes | added by: Abhishekt2

Today while cooking I was just thinking that vegetables also teach us so many lessons in life . You all must be already knowing about it or you might be surprised also.

Bitter gourd many people dont like it but they say it is very nutritious .
    From childhood we should teach our kids to eat this and they will get Vitamin B and magnesium. Frustration and anger are good for kids. Frustration and anger may be bitter to swallow, but the benefits are immeasurable.

Now I was also thinking that many people dont like bitter gourd as it tastes bitter. Its name itself is Bitter gourd. But if it is properly made it does not taste bitter. I usually fry the bitter gourd(dont apply salt also }in little oil and keep the gas in sim till it becomes crisp. Then remove the oil and then add salt, sambhar masala powder and haldi. I dont find any bitterness in it. Same way in life also we have some bitter experiences, but if we handle the situation in a proper way we can make this bitter experience a better and enjoyable one.

Carrots they say improves our eye health. We depend on our eyes for our daily work. We need foresight also to look forward with which we can plan our future plans.

Earlier I never used to buy carrots because I dont like the taste of it. But of late make curry with Cauliflower and potatoes and it tastes good only. My husband used to tell my children that they should eat all the vegetables because tomorrow when they go away from home they might not get all the vegetables so have to have only the vegetables available.

My elder daughter earlier used to not like some vegetables and also used to say she will never marry a boy from kerala. But she got married to my sis in law(dh's sister)'s son and he has stayed more in Kerala so he talks tamil and malayalam . It was so surprising that she learnt malayalam and speaks very well and my dh says she speaks better than him. Also eats the vegetables which she never used to like before now because her husband likes it. So we cant say how we are going to be later in life when we are young. Love can do wonders.

It seems Simla Mirch also has Vitamin C which is great for strengthening the immune system It makes us stronger, just the way a good dose of self-love protects children from life’s constant stressors.

Everyday we cook but everyday it tastes different. Same way we meet different people in life everyday and some we can never forget because of their love and affection and some we remember them only that time and then forget about them. We should be good with everyone and be a person who everyone remembers always.

I was just thinking today I prepare dough for chapathi everyday but some days the water will become more and it is difficult to make the chapathi. Some days the dough is perfect and I feel so happy when the chapathi comes up and is soft . Earlier I used to put it in fire and make phulkas but now a days I put it in thava and its same like phulkas only. In life also if everything is perfect then we have a happy life. When something goes wrong we feel hurt and it takes time for us to forget.

If you want to be happy, you can't carry burdens from your past into your future, we all makes mistakes and we all have regrets, some people will learn from them, others will make them again, but life is a tough teacher and will always teach you the lessons you need to learn.
    Rashida Rowe quotes | added by: Rashida_Nikila

6 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

so much of reflecting on life when cooking? wow ! these thoughts never strike me :) just finish it as my work .but you know, K always says that the best thing about home cooking is it is NOT the same everyday. I too agree with him and that is why home cooked meals are so welcome...the imperfection is just a different taste everyday .and so is a little imperfection in all of us..makes us more human, I think :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Wow Mindi dear 80 views and no fb I was thinking and as usual getting disappointed. Like an angel you have come with your first fb and made my day. True we can learn so much while cooking and all the ideas of writing a snippet comes when I am cooking. Glad to know K also fees that it is not the same everyday. True we cant be perfect always

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Well said iver

My views::First step difficulties or difficult situations comes to our life and always think things are not happening of what we thought and feel for that but when we give some time to things to change and observe silently and accept ""whatever happening is for good"" as in Bhagavad-Gita then life would be easy. When this attitude develops everyday will be nice and happy. When we watch and wait things come in the best way rather than what we thought was best way. But how and when it will happen is the mystery and that mystery is operated by an energy and that energy is god.

1 person likes this.
  6. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,
    You are just amazing. You make complicated things to look soo simple. I love the way you always compare life with the litlle things in your kitchen and convey the message.
    Ya imperfections are the best things in everyones life which makes them unique. we should respect imperfections in us and also in others only then we can love ourselves and others or else we just waste our life complaining about silly things.

1 person likes this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

Yes, life teaches us many lessons, both tough and easy and they stay forever. Life also teaches us how to deal with them.

I also do not like bitter gourd and carrot. But I agree, it is good to teach children to eat all kinds of vegetables.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

[

Thank you very much Shanti dear for your stepping in with a sweet message and encouraging me

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Sangeetha dear thanks fo rsharing your views which is thought provoking

10. iyerviji

Zainab dear I am overhelmed with your appreciation and thanks for making my day. with your sweet message. I agree with the views shared by you which is hundred percent correct

1 person likes this.