1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's Just A Beautiful Thing!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by beautifullife30, Sep 13, 2022.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Finest Post Winner

That was one impressive snippet @Srama . I loved reading about two families there not one. The Robin and its family and Srama and her family ;-) and reading about the two brought a smile on my face.

You are lucky to have witnessed such a miracle at close quarters. I personally feel, nothing is more beautiful than babies. Innocent, trusting, easily forgiving and tiny ones. Your pictures are amazing. the Robin's egg looked beautiful as did the chicks. After seeing your pics, i wish i took some pictures of the babies. I only have almost an hour long videos. :)

Srama likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

This picturesque response with thought provoking comments and the narration in main post stands outstanding and so to be nominated for FP for the month sep that is going to conclude in next two days.
    My heart is full of fledglings.
    God Bless OP & My philosopher pal ( Dr. ) @Viswamitra

Viswamitra and beautifullife30 like this.
  3. beautifullife30

haha @Afresh ... your post shows me how much you enjoyed reading the snippet. I am glad you enjoyed it. I thoroughly enjoyed watching these sparrows. They were super cute. No, i am sure you would have known that these cute bums were special right away coz they are. :)

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. beautifullife30

Hi Vishwa sir, i am glad you enjoyed the snippet. :)

Oh boy! i wish i could say i had a sense of humour in recognising the lady. The lady sparrow is a force to reckon with. She doesnt stop talking. Really. You could easily pick up her voice even through the 5 chicks's chirping. I am actually scared that if she gets to know about this snippet then i will have to face the lecture of my life with her tirade on how i intruded her privacy.

Couldnt agreed more!

So true. Initially i felt that the mom was mostly taking the burden of raising her children as she used to sleep beside them and watch over them so keenly but the dad moment for me is so precious. I mean i wish i could understand sparrow to know what he spoke to his child and how he helped him face his demons.

Haha...lizards. I remember reading about his lizard snippet once. He was telling how content he was to just watch them crawl on the wall and i thin i recollect telling that unfortunately for me, they crawl on the floor being too lazy to climb the walls and i was literally terrified of them.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Indeed. That reminds me of your appreciation in the post in link
    3m – Me, Mom & Milk

Thanks & regards.

beautifullife30 and Cheeniya like this.
  6. nuss

nuss Finest Post Winner

How lovely! We were also fortunate to watch many different species of birds in our backyard during the pandemic. The wrens made a nest in our little birdhouse and the magpies were the most fascinating of all. I had never seen a magpie nest or the chicks. The way they build the nest with a perch to stand guard and the lower portion as living quarters is quite fascinating.
    Our hummingbirds are just adorable! Whenever the food is low, they will come to the glass window and will let us know that we need to refill!
    We definitely enjoyed our backyard more than ever during those stay-at-home days! The birds, squirrels, rabbits, and even the Coyotes, all became part of the family!

beautifullife30 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

beautifullife30,

Very well written, and you have chosen a topic which not only touches my heart, but also is very close to my heart. Being a bird-lover, it also gives me quite an exultation in watching the process from incubation to the growing up of the hatchings and finally their fledging. As you described, the entire thing is indeed very cute.

I have watched hundreds of videos in YouTube, but I also have had the privilege of watching hatching of crow chicks on the mango tree which is in front of our house. As we live in the third floor, I have a very distinct view of their nest. I particularly like the jouncing of the tiny necks of the red-mouthed hatclings whenever their parents came with food. In the early days, the nestlings were so week that they could not hold the neck straight even for 5 seconds.

We had a lot of sparrows in Salt Lake a decade ago, but now their number has dwindled significantly. Therefore, I feel particularly happy to know that sparrows are thriving in your locality.

8. beautifullife30

Wow! so cute. These birds have a cute way of letting us know they are hungry or want something right! I have never seen a Magpie nest and your description made me google it. :)

9. beautifullife30

Thank you @Tamrakshar . Sparrows are a joy for my husband as well. He had a pet sparrow which lived for 16 years and grew up thinking that it was his brother. :)

Yes, Sparrows are thriving in our locality at the moment. I am so glad about it!