1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life with spouse , need your proper advice.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by simple1234, Sep 9, 2014.

1. simple1234

simple1234 Silver IL'ite

We have been married for a year. Two issues are bothering me a lot when it comes to my awesome wife.I can't stop thinking and pointing about below issues.

I know that nobody is perfect and I shouldn't be looking at somebody's faults. But i couldn't resist myself in thinking about these below points

1) wife's Lack of interest in career : My beautiful lady used to work in India and she is on H4 visa now. H4 visa doesn't allow her to work. Asked her to join in college or do learn some course or make a career plan. She is least bothered about it. sometimes it frustrates me a lot.

2) wife not interested in exercise or workout : i have been pushing her about being in shape . she doesn't like workout at all. For me being in shape is important.

we are so good in all things except these two points. Other than these life is amazing. How do i need change my thinking or her thinking :)

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Simple1234,

If she feels fit without exercises, how does it matter? Perhaps, the domestic work keeps her busy and fit. Probably, she wants to enjoy the free time she got as H4 and she might have her own plan to keep her engaged. She might be planning to get employed after her green card is processed or after a baby.

When everything else is going well, why bother about things that does not bother her? The best thing is to sit and have a discussion about the family's future in a relaxed setting. If you both planned to work earlier, you can always raise that topic gently and tell her only her further education would help.

There is no need for any advice on this subject and it is best you discuss directly with her in a relaxed setting to know what is in her mind.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha- this exact thread was posted a while ago. Either using the same ID or a different one, you asked this question. Did you not get your answer then? And nothing changed with you wife in all these intervening months?

2 people like this.
  4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Hey u just gt married, have gun with her! She will realise in her own if she wants a career! Dnt push her! Maybe she wants to be a housewife!!

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

gun weasly???:eek:mg:

1 person likes this.
  6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

FUN FUN !! I am sorry ! Sometimes I use my phone to access IL! And I was in the bus when I wrote this, trying to get down!! :bonkgigglingsmiley

ps: Dont nobody have GUN with anyone please !! tsk

2 people like this.
  7. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Let her enjoy herself for the moment.Every girl knows how imp it is to be fit and be career concious too.I thinki she will get bored in due time and will look into a career herself.
    As of now please let her enjoy herself doing what she likes.

8. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

is her career plan something that was discussed before? maybe encourage her to study something that really interests her that could be a fun career option.

fitness does not always have to be a gym workout. how about going swimming, hiking, taking the bike, dance classes. maybe ask her to see the city on her own, this way she knows how the transport system works, finds some interesting places to eat, then you guys could go there together.

she is in the adjustment phase, encourage independence and be supportive!

1 person likes this.
  9. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Since she is in US with you now, she might want to spend some time with you and have free fun time since she was working earlier. She might be interested in something else. You could get to know her hobbies. May be she can work on it and make that her career.

Other thing which you told is workout, she might be busy in work whole day at home and may be so she doesn't wants to exercise. May be talk to her if she is interested in Yoga or walking. And talk to her what is her views in getting in shape. Because what are your views may be she is not thinking in same context.

Have fun and make her life simpler. Do not put your thoughts or your wishes on her because she is your wife, let her take her own decisions. Enjoy life with her :)

10. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

This one is gender neutral:

10357605_321778924670479_3329332797051283598_n.jpg