1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life teaches us a lot, Not always in the hard way :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by msid, May 22, 2013.

1. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

My previous two posts were very serious and thought provoking. So decided to post something light :) .

This incident happened during my undergrad life and we ( me and my friends) always laugh about it.

I was a very naughty kid, since childhood. I never get caught as I pretend to be very silent ( :thumbsup ) and I always stay in top ranks. Teachers would never suspect a guy like me to do all the menace :D .

I usually sit on third bench ( I am not so tall, and totally five rows ) in every class and once the lecture got too boring. The teacher continued writing on the board continuously for two hours and we all got totally bored.

I usually hate first bench guys as they pretend to pay attention even in such a boring lecture :bowdown . I decided to distract their attention.So I made a paper rocket and threw at them.

ppssssssssssst.... It missed the first bench guy by inches and hit the teacher.

oh.... damnnnn I m screweeed :drowning

The teacher got so angry. He turned back to all of us and said , " Unless anyone accepts who did this, I am not going to continue the class and I am taking this issue to HOD" :rant.

Though people in my bench and guys behind me knew that I did it , no one said a word. I was so scared to accept the truth.

He waited for few moments and said, " I know one among the last bench students did this and If you guys don't accept in class, I am gonna send you guys to HOD " .

He made the last bench guys to stand up but still they didn't utter my name.

I felt very bad for them but I didn't have the guts to accept as I have never get caught before though I have done lot of mischief.

The professor waited for a while and no one replied a word. He got angry and walked away.

Few minutes later, both professor and HOD walked inside the class and they said , " If no one accepted till the end of the class, I am going to reduce internals for the whole class" and they went.

I really felt sad and I decided to surrender to my HOD. I didn't want the last bench guys to take the blame for me.

I went to HOD room and knocked.

" come in ... "

" Yes msid, whats the matter ? . Have you come here to apologize for your class ? . That wont work. The person who did this has to accept it. "

" sir... I did it.. "

" What ??? "

I was shivering. He is going to call my mom and I am screwed. I envisioned my mom scolding me :bowdown .

" msid, I know you are a nice student, but you dont have to take the blame for someone else. I know friends are important but you should not help them when they do wrong "

I couldnt belive my ears. ( innuma indha ooor namala nambikittu irukku ?? :D )

" Sir, but I did it " ..

" Its ok my child. I know last bench students will never accept and you are here to take the blame as it will affect your whole class. I forgive your class for you. Now go to class and tell them this should never happen again " .

" Thank you sir ! "

I can never forget this thing. That is when I realized, how much my teachers trusted me and me being a very naughty kid. That is the last thing I did to disturb any class.

Life always teaches us so many things. Not always in a harder way. Funny incidents like this make you realize good things too :)

love,

msid

7 people like this.

2. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

Nice post msid, it brought back school memories, though I have not sent paper rockets flying across the room, from 8th std, we girls had chudidar as uniforms. I used to tie the dupattas of the front bench girls to the bench itself. When they try to stand up when the teeacher comes, it used to be so funny :)

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

and see the change in difference in schooling, my DS is only in LKG, but still , he being a paper aeroplane crzay person, he carries them in his bag and flies it in his class and his teacher tells me, that he is so fond of it.

We got him the book which has 250 paper planes in different shapes and sizes to fold and fly.

4. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

Thats epic :D

5. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

I think thats good improvement in schools :) . He is gonna be a pilot or rocket scientist :D

1 person likes this.
  6. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

one day he wants to be a pilot and the next day quite fascinated by Garbage trucks, so, ummmm, not sure at this stage :)

1 person likes this.
  7. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

Kids are amaaazing :)

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

msid,

is that short for "missed" or may be I feel that? Looks like you are not the one to miss anything that life has to teach. Your title for the snippet is very nice and speaks volumes. You are right, we tend to remember the lessons learnt the hard way more than the lessons learnt the easier way. What is it with us and the difficulties and the way we perceive them. That episode in college certainly would teach any one willing to learn. Amazing it not only showed you the trust your teachers placed in you but the friendship and camaraderie your classmates showed you! Lucky indeed. Thank you for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  9. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

ha ha ... " missed " .. I never thought of that ;) .. No .. its just short form of my name :) ..

We always have a lucky part in our life.. and its one of those :) :) ....

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear msid,

Very nice write up. :) Isn't it fun sending those paper rockets when no one is watching? That shows the innocence of young age. At the same time, your attitude not to hurt other students in the class and taking responsibility for your action shows your maturity at the young age. Isn't it proof enough that innocence and maturity can coexist and they are not mutually exclusive?

Viswa

1 person likes this.