1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Stranger than Fiction

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchitananda,

first of all, I am so happy that you found a willing doner for the girl! Hope it matches and it helps her a bit!

very sweet and kind of you to feel so much for them that you did not hesitate to ask a complete stranger whom you just had knocked down!! Your title is so apt! Life IS stranger than fiction and I too have experienced many such instances in my life, especially during my last visit to India of which you are very well aware of! How else can I explain a taxi driver whom I hailed at the airport on my arrival giving me his private number promising me a ride any time I was in a fix and coming as promised weeks after to pick me up and drop me back to the airport at an ungodly hour?? All this is permanently etched in my heart !

as for acting crazy, believe me, I tend to do so too! I feel most people build a wall around themselves for the fear of being taken for a ride! All of us are afraid of the big bad wolf out there!

Good and well meaning people are there, I firmly be.ieve! How else can you explain that the sun rises and sets everyday without fail??! I know, I sound dramatic!!

thanks for sharing this Beautiful incident with us

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this miraculous incident with us.. God is great and has sent this messenger to help you amidst a clumsy situation you encountered..hats off to the person who helped your aunt's daughter by donating his blood..
    As i read, I felt I was with you and experienced all the emotions you have gone through.. Such was your narration Satchi.. May your aunt's daughter recover soon.. My prayers for her.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks sindmani. She needs all the prayers.

4. satchitananda

Dear Kamla,

True, Kamla, we do meet good people from time to time. However, in a population of billions, when we only meet them off and on, one begins to wonder what is happening. Then suddenly something like this happens and we are reminded that humanity is still not dead.

I agree with you about our tendency to build walls. We try to protect ourselves from hurt, negative responses etc. Once we learn to stop caring about such things with a "what if they say no? What do I lose? Let me take the chance" attitude, it really opens up so many opportunities.

Thanks so much Kamla for the lovely response. :-D

5. satchitananda

Thanks Jasmine both for the kind words as well as for the good wishes and prayers. Yes, her family really needs it. She has been unwell for a while now.

1 person likes this.
  6. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

Wow.....love this....thanks for sharing....I would call this nothing short of
    "divine intervention".

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

:-D Neeta. Who am I to question his methods of intervening!!!???

8. candyy

candyy Silver IL'ite

Those are the small percentage of people who restore our faith in humanity. That young man must have gathered many blessings from every one. May your cousin get well soon.

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What an amazing series of events!
    Bless that young man and I hope your relative gets better.

1 person likes this.