life objective?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EnlightenedSoul, Feb 15, 2013.

1. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

hi friends, what do all feel about the reason and purpose for this life/ this birth?
    sometimes i feel like there is no any deep meaning for any thing, what do all think about the meaning of this life, apart from this material world?

2. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

i think its just to try our best to do our duties everyday!!

1 person likes this.
  3. EnlightenedSoul

dear polymorphic, sorry, like a washing machine, mixer, .. we have to do our daily duties of cooking, cleaning, daily routines,... and die one fine day? thats all? thats life?
    practically can we be like that mechanical, in ups and (especially)downs of this roller-coaster of life and emotions, and be emotion-less to that extent?
    just very unclear and searching of some Ambiguous thing, don't know whether can i found or not!

4. lifebliss

lifebliss Silver IL'ite

I really don't know the meaning why I am born in this world. But one thing for sure, I'm content that I'am born a human being and not an ant or elephant. I always feel I should have born a man, becoz I know how a man's attitute can have a major influence in the atmosphere of home. On other hand, I am proud to be a woman putting heart and soul in everything I do and making a good impact on others at the end of the day. So I'm happy I'm born a human.

2 people like this.
  5. EnlightenedSoul

@lifebliss, yes, for sure we have to be very much grateful for this birth as human, and i feel the same too.
    that's why i want to do/achieve something that is soul satisfying when we look back our life in our death bed and while we leave this world. And eager to know about that soul satisfying things you all here have in your heart?

6. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Enlightened,
    This is a question I am often down and surprised with. We do end up with doing daily cores, discharging daily responsibilities. But am sure, I am not enlightened enough to understand the purpose of this life.

I see people around... everyone is engaged in their own lives. I know they do the same seeing me also.

But I can't compete with this "why this life" feeling at times. I feel I am here only because I am not yet up there. It sounds quite negative. Yes, I do forget about this feeling when busy in something, but the lean times of the days do flash this "why" thing a thousand times a day!

1 person likes this.
  7. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Please look at my signature quote. It is so true. But I am still in search of "why to live" matter!

1 person likes this.
  8. EnlightenedSoul

@Kalyanishanthi,
    Guessing we r in the same boat, Thanks for sharing your views!
    Lets see what other have their say on this!

9. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

ESoul- I catch myself asking this question so many times. Why are we here , why is getting married and procreating a natural progression what does it achieve , why are we here on earth, how are we being manufactured so perfectly like a factory product I mean if you look at the engineering that goes into creating a human it's simply unbelievable the minutest of detail taken care of.
    Did dinosaurs go extinct just so we could survive here on earth, then what's with all the wars, greed,poverty.Why are we so caught up in our own web of insecurities why?? Sometimes it gets so overwhelming, I hope we do serve some purpose and we are not just some mad guys infinite loop algorithm

10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

It very well could be.
    It takes enlightened souls like Buddha and Vivekananda and the likes to try and figure out the for (; ;) { life }