1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is sweet because of the friends and the things in common we share

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by iyerviji, Jun 19, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is sweet because of the friends and the things in common we share
    we want to live on,not because of ourselves but because of people who care
    its giving and loving for someone else on this life's splendour depends
    and the joy of it all when you sum it all up is found in the making of friends

The above quote is so true. Everyone has friends from childhood and some become so close, some are in touch always and some sometimes and some when we meet after ages it gives us so much pleasure

I have sweet memories of my childhood friends, school friends(in school I had a best friend who was very rich but down to earth and from 1957 to 1961 we studied together and till today we are in touch, earlier through phone and now through whatsapp. ), office friends ( I am still in touch with office friends with some of them, sometimes we meet too) and now of late
    Facebook friends and since 2007 friends in IL , many of them I have already met, some once and some twice , so many have become my virtual daughters.

Today I was so happy when an old friend from my Office with whom I worked from 1965 to 1968. In 1968 she left our Company. I was chatting with another friend in whatsapp and she told me about this friend and that she was enquiring about me. I told her ask her to include me in whatsapp and today I was so surprised when she chatted in whats app and then called me also through whatsapp. It was so nice chatting with her and to know that she still remembers me after so many years.

2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Very true Vijimma.:) its always nice when you have your old friends that too after such a long years.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow. I should remember this next time I say FB and whatsapp are evil.

Very inspiring to read that colleagues from mid 1960's connected through whatsapp.

Viji, one day mine will be the first feedback in a thread by you. :)

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Swethasri dear yes its so nice meeting friends after long time

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana dear glad to get your fb and waiting to get yur first fb. There are good and bad things in FB and whatsapp. Glad my post was inspiring.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome @Soundarya dear

7. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

I know friends are a great source of happiness and inner strength.
    For a while in life got so busy and caught up with everyday chores. some classmates continued and some parted ways.sometime in 2005 I was retrospecting and realized how I have been doing things bcos I need to and was missing the warmth of friendship and decided to have a get together of my school teachers and friends from school seniors ,classmates and juniors too.It was fun .Everyone enjoyed it
    now we do keep in touch during navratri, deepawali etc or have a get together just like that.
    sometimes when I visit chennai I take a day off and we school mates meet up .Of late I seem to be doing this every so often I have different groups my college /and other groups with common interest .Also my students and junior colleagues whom I have mentored they all love me and we make it a point to meet.
    Recently I had gone to blore To give a talk seeing my name in the programme 10 of my earlier associates coordinated with each other and we met up in a short time for a brief while .All of them have done well I was simply overwhelmed . This was so sudden now they have started a group in whats app and we r in touch regularly.In fact next year around this time it would be 40 yrs since we have been married they are all plannning to celebrat in hyderabad.they have infact started coordinating with my oversea persons so they could all be here.
    this was an organisation I built and we all lived like a family and most of them love me so much that I they have filled the lacunae of me not having children.
    so Viji friendship and love is the best gift of all. Just y day I chanced to meet someone near the fruit vendor near my home after may be more than 30 yrs .she was a little kid and I in college those days and now she is a granny and I retired so I took her home to show where I live so she could come and visit me.
    It felt great .In corporate life we make very few friends. Most of our friend come from when we were studying /neighbourhood
    so long I am sure we would find more connections
    love
    gita

2 people like this.
  8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Really nice and happy for you vijima. Friends are really a blessing. Good friends are needed for ever.

1 person likes this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    really great that you are in touch with colleagues even after all these years. You are making the best use of technology at hand. Though only 10 years have passed since i voluntarily left my job, i find it hard to keep in constant touch. It is more to do with laziness for sure. But, i make it a point to attend weddings, special occasions whenever there is an invitation. Truly inspiring:)

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@gitasharma dear glad to know about your friendship and the get togethers with them and still you are keeping in touch with school friends .Itstrue love and friendship is a great gift. thanks for your feedback