1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is never perfect

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by adimom, Jun 10, 2011.

1. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Do you always get what you want in your life? Or do you compromise on something for others. I believe many people compromise something or other in their life. The biggest compromise I made in my life is to leave my country and my first dream job for the person whom I love a lot. I never regret with my decision, I had to select one thing and I selected my husband. Because I knew that I would definitely find another job but I can’t afford to loose him. Sometimes I do feel, why we don’t get everything we wanted. Life would be so much of fun. No pain, no tears , no compromises. And most of the time I feel it is the women who compromise. Compromise for their husband, for their kids.

“I can’t go for busy challenging job because I have to spend time for my family.”

“I can’t work far from home because I can’t reach my kids easily when they need me.”

“I can’t take up any job that requires me to go out of station because my family needs me.”

“I can’t work for long hours, otherwise who will put my kids off to sleep. Even though my husband is ready to do this, I can’t sleep without hugging and kissing my baby goodnight."

“Working and studying ... that’s very difficult with kids around. When will I get time for them”

With all these pain, compromises you are still the happiest person in the world when your baby smiles at you , hugs you and cries for you....when your husband says “you do so many things in a day, we can’t imagine a day without you.” These simple things make you happy and you forget all the pain and those big compromises. You cannot live alone in this world. You have to live with others and give something. Unless you loose something you don’t get other thing. No pain no gain.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, one has to choose the priorities and then decide what to do. One cannot get the best of everything. if children are the priorities then on professional front one has to make some compromises. Isn't life a big compromise...whether it is with people, situations, homefront or workfront.Men also make many compromises...not only women.In this time of economic crisis aren't they working 12,14 hours a day with a lot of stress and tension? They do love thier families, want to spend more time with them. Self pity is not a good thing.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic piece Adimom. Very nicely written. Thanks. -rgs

4. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

hello adimom ,

Very nicely written , loved all the points mentioned in your article and so true it is when it comes to family. enjoyed reading it. Hats off to you for trying to become a perfect woman for your family.

Good luck to you.

5. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Thanks shyamala, rgs and dipshika.

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Loved it adimom, very beautiful :thumbsup
    So true,most women can never have a 'perfect career' if they need to have a 'perfect family/home'. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive but most of the times works that way. There are women who have given up their career(atleast for the time being) for the sake of family. There are women who are away from their husband and children for the sake of career(I have seen it personally). Very few are lucky enough to be able to have a 'perfect career' as well as a 'perfect family' :thumbsup

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My Dear IL,

No Pain No gain POlicy only we have to follow. We are not all self content what we have. We always would like to cherish and get immediately whatever we want in our life. A good thought flow of your is simply superb.

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Lovvvved your blog adimom !!!!!!

Very well written ....:thumbsup