1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Is About Learning

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 30, 2023.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Headsup: Long post. So be forewarned.

Someone once laughed at me and called me a 'Nityavidyarthi'. I was in my 40's. My courses never came to an end. If one ended, I'd find another one to keep me mentally alive. So i was fine with that. He was having a laugh at my expense, for me it was a matter of pride.

Fast forward to a decade and a half later. Till just before Covid I kept learning something or the other - I mean courses. Covid and life saw to it that mental exhaustion set in. I don't feel upto appearing for exams and stressing myself out over the results. No reason why I should be doing that to myself at this stage of life either. Now is the time to really live it up! But REAL LEARNING never ends. Life is our classroom, Life is our teacher and we remain Nityavidyarthis till the very end.

So it is that I came to a realization just two days ago. Interesting how life does not believe in the 'chalk and talk' or teacher-centric teaching but is an 'enabler'. She puts us into situations, sometimes better - though through experience I can well say that those do not teach us much - and sometimes worse till the message sets in.

As the old-timers here would remember, I went through spinal and many other surgeries as if I was going shopping. The last surgery was in 2012. I have not yet got over the after effects. But I live on. I have always laughed off my miseries, but of late it has been getting me down to quite an extent. I never asked 'why me', and still don't. Now my only question is 'how long'.

Last year was particularly rough and towards the end I started wondering if my body was trying to tell me anything. I thought I had squared all my business with life and all those around me. I was finally at peace and was patting myself on my back at having neared a 'sthithapragnya' state. But my body jogged me to question my mind and emotions. Had I really found my peace or had I just shut up all my emotions and shaken them to the bottom of the vessel, never to rise up again? So it is I started with EFT.

While tapping day before, it occurred to me that I have probably been responsible for the shape of my spine today. The need for control, the obsessive need for every corner of the house to be spick and span - something that does not leave me even now has been the cause for this. The frequent rage at the domestic 'help' who seem to work mainly to help themselves and don't do half the work they are being paid for is fuelled by the loss of control and the dependency on their help. Suddenly the tubelight went on. Even the day before I left for TVM, I had to move the washing machine physically and clean all the muck under it - it had played up at the last minute before I had to leave and there was no time to get the mechanic. After the carpenter who had just finished working for the day helped get it to work, I had to push the machine aside. Fury welled up when I saw how much dirt was there. Next day I had to travel. I was fed up of the 'helps' thinking I was at their mercy. I would clean it myself. Am still paying the price. Not to mention having to climb up the ladder to the loft to get down things which are needed on and off. Don't want them falling off the ladder and having their families at my doorstep. Or them saying they are hurting here and there because they did something in my house - some of it real, some of it feigned. Anything to avoid a bit of work. So much for 'help'.

KARMA. The universe does not like any imbalance. I remember telling my mom once to learn to receive from others as much as she gave. Karma would ensure that if not this life she would have to learn that in another lifetime - had read this in a book by Brian Weiss. And she had to go through what she did, so that balance was established. The same seems to be the case with me. My desire for order and control seems to be being balanced by my need to learn to accept loss of control and total entropy in my life. LET GO. The Universe is at work - establishing balance. Also my birth sign - Libra. Karma is at work and I am glad to be done with whatever Karma comes to my share in this lifetime itself. Less burden to carry forward.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Mistt, Viswamitra, Laks09 and 4 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

life is always i doors & outdoors. It can never be confined to within four walls. Every wakeful our stimulii enters the eyes mind gets into process to analyse with background InFormation already in store. The process of learning and observation as well is simultaneous. There is pedagogy everywhere for human life. From cradle to grave ...it is learning learning and over half of it never put into use or converted into money.

yes. Well said. Teaching is a facilitator. At times teacher indoctrinates too. Teaching imparts expansion of mind while learning.

it reminds the phrase “if the world laughs at me, i shall laugh at it in turn” . You know who wrote it. Btw Was he a lecturer?

God never answers either way. He expects us to endure the trial & tribulation to learn through out life by experience.

None can find peace I mean absolute peace at any rate. Life goes on and on only in search of peace till life perishes when it turns out to be peaceful for kins and not so peaceful for those who lent money to him or her.

Context not clear. EFT stands for what? Certainly you don’t mean electronic fund transfer.
    I can relate to this. Electrical man Muthu heard us talking difficulty about plucking mangoes from tree within our precinct. Without telling he climbed upstairs and to the terrace. Near washing stone I was rinsing clothes. Muthu fallen from terrace. A couple of big sized unripe mango too fell and jumped in trejectories after impacting on cemented floor. Twenty five feet from above. My son rushed him in an auto to nearby huge hospital and swiped few thousands from his debit card for xrays etc. Muthu was bit unconscious. Son telephoned to his family. All cried in hospital and went with muthu to get him admitted where his insurance company would defray medical expenses. Luckily he survived with couple of fractures but his grey matter was intact. Muthu afterwards refused to visit us to attend to elec repairs. At no stage Neither he nor his family thanked my son.

Let go let it go is the best solution. Remember that song from hollywood movie frozen

Ang congrats for getting the APRIL '23 FP Award for this post with other two.
    Regards.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique. Thanks a lot for the detailed feed back and the lovely video. I had not seen the film.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Ok sister; thanks for that elucidation; I couldn’t get expanded version in google search.
    Frozen is a super good movie. It would be too good to watch amidst young ones - i mean kids. The lyrics of that “let it go” has in-depth very relatable meaning for us & the lilting tune burst depression leading to re-energise when one feels depleted of energy!
    Once again congrats from bottom of my heart for coveting and securing the three-in-One FP Award.
    GOD continue to Bless us from above and guide the Awarder & Awardee & me!

5. satchitananda

You could not see the entire article? I checked the link. It is showing.

Maybe you could try this link.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

In google search when i typed inly ETF it did not produce this result. Thanks for the link. I got it.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

I just read this thread while waiting for the cab to come and take my family to the airport and I am leaving for India today. I am in India throughout May and we will stay in touch.

I remember how much you went through in the beginning of the last decade. During my brief visit, I realized how meticulous you are in keeping the house clean. Take it easy. Attempt for perfection sometimes lead us towards frustration. Take one step at a time. Don't have targets for anything that is trivial and don't have too much expectations from the helpers. I am sure the quality of living is entirely in your hands.

Congratulations again on winning the award for all of your posts. We hope to read more and more of your life experiences.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot, Viswa for the kind words. Really looking forward to being in touch when you are here and to meeting up if you happen to come to Bangalore.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.