Life in Khalifa city A

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by kashly, Jan 7, 2010.

1. kashly

kashly New IL'ite

Hi,

We are thinking of shifting to Khalifa city A. Is anybody staying in Khalifa city? Please share your experience and suggestions on rent, facilities...etc.

Thanks
    Kavitha

2. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Hello,

I am a new employee at MASDAR univ. Right now I am staying at a student villa at the Khalifa A. I am only 4 days old in the UAE, but I understand that Khalifa is one of the costliest places to rent here in Abu dhabi. I am also looking for decent place to rent or a sharing accommodation with a south indian family.

Have you found anything here? Please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Krish

3. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

HI krish... enga oorukku vanthacha? welcome.. i came to know of 2 apts for executive bachelors in al falah street.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  4. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Thank you Arabudupi Yes i came 3-4 days ago. Still settling in and doing some HR work. Thanks for the contact number . I will call and check. I went to lulu market ..its amazing better than walmart in usa !!!! I think I will start enjoying this place once i settle in. Just need to make some freinds.

Thank you and other members for their help.

Bye now
    -Krish

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  5. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

hi Krish.. i'm sure you will like the place. abudhabi is more peaceful compared to dubai. places are easily accessible. hope you find right company too.the contact number, call them on sunday during office hours as they will b closed on fri/sat.

6. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Hi Arabudupi and others

I have learnt from my colleagues that its best to stay in Khalifa city A for variety of reasons. So right now I am looking for a good studio apartment or a shared accommodation with a south Indian family in Khalifa A (Preferably close to the Khalifa market).

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. The next couple of weeks I am going to be focusing on getting a drivers license.

Soon I will be requiring furniture and other household items. Where can i get second hand items. Are they delivered to the apartment?

Thank you and have a nice day.

7. pawan1979

pawan1979 New IL'ite

Hi Krish,
    I am Pawan doing PhD from IIT Madrsa and joing Masdar university from April 1st.
    can't we stay at students villa? is it not allowed?

8. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Hi Pawan,

It depends on your contract. Some people have housing provided and some people have housing allowance. So in case you don't have housing provided you cannot stay in the student villas.

Which department will you be joining in?

9. pawan1979

pawan1979 New IL'ite

Hi Krish,
    Thanks for your reply,
    I am joining Mechanical engg dept as a post doctoral research schloar under Prof. Yusuf Shatilla.No, I have got housing allownce, not housing. Roughly how much I have to spend for accomodation at Kahlifa city a. Is it best to stay there or we can stay little far also?
    Bye
    Pawan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
  10. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Studio apartment in Khalifa A are in the range of 38k to 45k AED per year. Khalifa A is at a vantage location for the current temporary Masdar Institute and the future permanent MASDAR city. You will understand more when you
    arrive here.

I think your email address was blocked the forum admins.