1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life becomes more meaningful when you realize you will never get the samemoment twice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 27, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

When my daughter got married and entered her house her father in law told her you should make this house a home. She has also made her house a home with love and care but she could not live for long as she is abroad. But we, myself and my husband are blessed to be in their house and enjoy everything in the house. When we shifted here enjoyed Navrathri and though we are new here made friends and invited everyone in the building and all came too and now they have become friends. Then enjoyed Diwali, for Diwali nothing much had Ganga snanam, wore new clothes and then went to temple. It was a Tuesday so did archana to Lord Ganeshji also in the house.

This house is niranja veedu like my daughter's heart. She is also very generous , does not have liking for wordly things. Though she is 36 years old she is very matured, when young she was also very childish and also till her teens she is to talk like a child but now very matured, adjusting, patient and she teaches me somethings. She has become expert in cooking . This house is well maintained, spacious and filled with everything.

Yesterday being Karthigai for us from morning I was busy. This time could locate all the Vilakku, mud vilakku, pithalai vilakku, big vilakku etc. Told the maid to clean them and she made them shine. Morning after doing Sai pooja and finishing other work started making Pori and appam. My pori turned out well but appam did not come properly. I think its because of the appa karal, because though it has not come in shapre , it is very crispy. I have to pat myself and not think nachne ko nahi aya to angan teda. Then sat on line for sometime. Had lunch. Then started putting thiri for the Vilakku, chandan kumkum, oil etc and kept it ready. Then at 5 pm kept the Diyas in right places, decorated with flowers . Then I wore 9 yards saree (those who want to see me in 9 yards saree can see in my album and give your feedback) . At 5.45 itself started lighting the Vilakku as there were so many to light. Prayed for the health of my brothers. Kept a big Kuthu Vilakku outside the house with four man vilakku. Since we both have safety doors keeping vilakku will be problem for them to come out, but my neighbour was very understanding and told me that she will also keep the safety door open fully so that I can keep the vilakku. When I came out to tell her she was the first one to appreciate me wearing nine yards . Was asking what was the occasion and later I told her to come and see the Vilakku inside too. Gave her haldi kumkum.She was very happy and she only took my photo

It will be memorable Karthigai as my heart was full with happiness because I could light so many diyas . Enjoyed Karthigai to my heart's content

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Life becomes more meaningful when you realize you will never get the samemoment t

Dear Viji ma

Happy to hear that you have had a momentous festival seasons. I love the way you write from your heart. I was looking to see you in 9 yards but couldn't find it. I never seen a 9 yards saree worn.
    Love
    Vani

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Re: Life becomes more meaningful when you realize you will never get the samemoment t

Thank you Vani dear for your first feedback which made my day. You go to my profile and go to my album , if you click there you can see me

4. amusedmolecule

amusedmolecule New IL'ite

I have discovered your posts mami and what a treasure each one is. They are full of wisdom, and your experience and innocence. One can learn so much from the way you lead your life.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Vani dear go to my profile and if you go down you can see there, you can click on Karthigai there, I dont know why it has not come at the top

6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Very nice narration. Have to learn from you on how to write nicely and you really take us to your house and I can visualise the entire situation and festive atmosphere.
    I visited your profile for the first time and found one similarity with regard to the favourite movie..I too like the same one.
    I tried to find the photo of you wearing the madisar but could not find it.
    Thanks,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Namaskaram Viji mom, how are doing? Dropped in IL after a long time. However, I saw you pics on FB. Lovely!!!
    Regards
    Anu :)

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Welcome to my thread dear, glad you like my posts and you find it a treasure , thanks. Glad to know they are full of wisdom and you can learn from the way I lead my life .

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

@vaidehi71 dear glad you liked the narration and you felt you were ib my house. Glad you visited my profile and found that both are favourite movie are same. In my profile if you go down you will find album under that Karthigai is there, you click on that you can see my photo

QUOTE=vaidehi71;3650388]Mami,

Very nice narration. Have to learn from you on how to write nicely and you really take us to your house and I can visualise the entire situation and festive atmosphere.
    I visited your profile for the first time and found one similarity with regard to the favourite movie..I too like the same one.
    I tried to find the photo of you wearing the madisar but could not find it.
    Thanks,
    Vaidehi[/QUOTE]

10. iyerviji

@anukarsha dear glad to see you after a long time , glad you saw my pictures and liked it, thanks

1 person likes this.