1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life as a fairytale

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kri, Sep 11, 2009.

1. kri

kri New IL'ite

Why is that all girls want their life to be a fairytale?

Very simple..Its because of the most beautiful part of the story “ Happily ever after ”

Fairytales tell how a girl suffers in the first half of life and how she manages to find her true love and live a life happily ever after.

All the fairytales end saying that “ and they all lived happily ever after”.

This phrase has gained popularity over decades.

Life seems to be very hard and tough for girls these days.

As far as I know she live and lead a life only for others. Her husband,son/daughter, grandson/grand daughter..and it goes on…

Ofcourse we find many of women who has gained powers and honour and in a very high positions.

Still I feel women are not treated in par with men.

REFER HINDU DATED AUGUST 6 2009 LAST PAGE AT THE BOTTOM(MADURAI EDITION):coffee

“KICKING DAUGHTER-IN-LAW WILL NOT AMOUNT TO CRUELTY”(under a particular section)

This is a best example of the position of women.

Where is “Happily Ever after”?

It’s a bitter truth that women compromises their life for others…

I ve to add this, Some girls are very desparate now a days without any shame or care about her dignity and respect. Spoilt and westernised they simply do everrything that is not in our culture.They are responsible for their life and any myseries In it. We cant blame others for her life.

But for the other girls….

She expects her life to be a fairytale before marriage and after getting knots around the neck or after she says “I do”…. She makes herself and her wish simple. She simply wants a life.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

kri

you have put it so well....

particularly when you said " She expects her life to be a fairytale before marriage and after getting knots around the neck or after she says “I do”…. She makes herself and her wish simple. She simply wants a life."

However dont be so harsh about the girls who do anything for their selfrespect or dignity...when you meant anything..it means they are standing up for themselves...just think...the girls who are fighting for selfrespect and dignity woudl want to live life...happy life....they beleive in themselves..I agree if they are doing anyother illegal activities..but standing up and being shameless for selfrespect and dignity is not to be worried about!! JMO

3. kri

kri New IL'ite

yea vidya..thats true

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

As you mentioned we do see different kind of girls some who are too westernized and doesn’t mind doing anything and everything…I think a good example will be most of them in the reality shows like splitsville and all. I wonder what all a girl can do for being a VJ in a popular channel. There are also a different kind of girls who want to make it big by contributing to their country and society in one way or other. Saina, Kiran bedi, Ms.Krishna (the girl who climbed Mt.Everest recently...Sorry that I forgot her first name) are to name a few. Then there is another who find their happiness in being a mentor and role model to their dear kids. Everyone is in someway making their dreams come true but some have that courage and boldness to face whatever life paves in their way and make their life a fairy tale than waiting for someone to come and turn it to one by the wave of a magic wand.