LIFE: 6 Tips to inspire you today (1/6)

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by cheer, Jul 8, 2006.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

5) The hint of an evening stroll-5/6

One day, God gave me a mission, He instructed me to lead a snail for an evening stroll. I cannot walk fast, the snail is already crawling with all its energy at best it can. Every time it only squeeze itself a tiny little bit of crawl.

I hurry the snail, pester it, blame it, scolded it and even curse it with my evil eyes... The snail look up on me with its guilt-ridden and apologetic eyes, it's like saying to me, "I have already done my best!"

I pull the snail, I push it, I drag it... I almost kick it. The snail is hurt, it's sweating tiredly and panting dyingly... while crawling forward bit by bit. "It's so weird", I scream with all my might. "Why God asked me to lead a snail on an evening stroll?!" I shouted. "Why God? Why!?" ... The
    sky is in silence. "Sigh! Maybe God is catching more stupid snails now!" I shouted in anger.

"OK, fine!" I then let loose the snail. "Since God doesn't care now! Why would I! I will let loose this stupid snail! I won't care, I will let the snail do its own crawling at its own desire."

While the snail crawling ahead of me, I sat and ranting behind it in deep anger and frustration. "Eh?! I smell sweet scents of flowers? Oh, there's a beautiful garden here. Why didn't I notice it all these years?"

While I caught in amusement by the perfume flowers wear... a nice breeze hugs me with its tender warm touch. "Now I know how soft and lovely the evening tender breeze is... Ahhhh! So refreshing. Wait! I hear the sweet chirping of birds and insects in their beautiful and elegant melody. It's
    like an orchestra. Marvelous! I even see sparkling and twinkling little stars smiling at me from the sky above... Why didn't I notice all these in the past?"

Suddenly, I was awaked, "I have made a mistake! God is actually asking the snail to lead me on an evening stroll!"

** LIFECOACHES: "Have you found your snail? Go for a morning and evening stroll with your snail and start to explore life now! Life is not meant to rush... enjoy life's aroma bit by bit, like sipping a cup of tea or coffee.
    Certain time, we have to let go of our self inflicted mission, to open our heart to see, feel and touch a true, ideal and substantial life. Slow down or halt for a while and enjoy."

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

How true!

Dear Cheer,
    It is really true, many people who are so successful look down upon people who are less talented and treat them very badly. They don't realise that the world is made of all kinds of people and there is a purpose for all the living beings in this world. They should not realise that sometimes they may find it difficult to do a simple chore or work.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

3. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

good as always

hi cheer

its very true......we take so many things for granted....we take for granted that the sun will rise every morning, the flowers will bloom, the sparrows will chrip, even breathing normally, seasons cycle, the sun set, and all our daily chores.....(dear hubby - even the morning coffee)........imagine if it stops for a day.....where would we be?

after reading the article, i did take a minute to admire the fresh mints in my balcony....it was a moment of truth....thanks cheer for reminding me about the moment by posting this article.

best regards
    hopefloats.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

6) The Cracked Pot-6/6

"A water bearer in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water in his master's house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. "Why?" asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?" "I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path." Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it somewhat. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again it apologized to the bearer for its failure.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=AutoNumber19 style="BACKGROUND: #ebebf5; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" height=18 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #eae6dd; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #eae6dd; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #eae6dd; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #eae6dd; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%">Life Coaches:Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. In this world, nothing goes to waste. You may think like the cracked pot that you are inefficient or useless in certain areas of your life, but somehow these flaws can turn out to be a blessing in disguise."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  5. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

good ones

Cheer,
    Well done, it's really nice. All messages are very good.
    I liked the first one so much because most of us will think of the lost opportunities but will forget about the boons we have.
    I couldn't find 4/6, help me.
    Archana.

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx for remainding me archana, here is the 4th one

4) The Art of Listening-1/4

In a TV talk show, the host is interviewing a little boy, the host asked him, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Answered the naive boy,"Yes! I want to fly a plane, I want to be a pilot!"

The host continue with his question, "If one day, while flying across Pacific Ocean, suddenly all the engines of your plane cease to work. What would you do?" The boy pause for a while, and said "I will tell everyone on board to fasten their safety belts and I will jump out of the plane with my parachute..." Suddenly, The host and audiences in the talk show laugh
    hysterically when they heard what the boy has said.

The boy is numbed and hot tears rushing out of his eyes, he cry and weep in hurt, in pain. After seeing this, the host felt sorry for what he and the audiences did to him - laughing at him - to make him feel better, he asked the little boy, "why would you do that?"

The little boy then wear a big grin on his charming face and responded, "I am going to get help for them while they remain safe in the plane with their safety belts on. I will be back!"

<==Everyonfiltered==>

"Yes, I will be back to save all of them!!" say the proud little pilot.

** LIFECOACHES: "When you are listening to the speech of other, are you listening or just hearing? Is your heart there when you are listening? Do you really understand his meaning? Or you just merely hearing it and perceive? If you don't understand, please let them carry on and finish their speech first. As Steven R. Covey said, 'Seek first to understand,
    then to be understood.' This is the art of listening. (1) In conversation,never listen half and interject in other people speech. Let them finish first. (2) Don't make assumption or draw unfounded conclusion based on what you think you know. Most of the time, you don't! Let them finish their speech first."