1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lies Lies Lies

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by tuffyshri, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Tuffy, call me a brat but at that age I was doing things similar to your daughter. I was not exactly lying but just not telling the entire story. part of the reason was my mom was our Head Mistress. Anything I do gets reported back. Back in those days we are only talking 50 paise. My mom used to give it to be to buy something else and I used to buy what ever I want. However, it was understood that the money given to me for one thing cannot be asked again. I learned it the hard way. My parents never really bothered too much as long as I dont hide anything that really matters. Chocolate vs icecream...no big deal. Book vs chocolate? Big deal.

Pick and choose your battles. she is exploring her individuality. I really did turn out OK. There is a fine line between a pre-teen and a teen. You dont have to be her friend but you dont have to be a parent at every turn. Try interchanging them.

Are you really expecting that she must tell you absolutely everyting that goes on in her life? If yes, you are being unreasonable.

Joyoflife and Narhari like this.