Libraries in chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by Shanvy, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Proud_Mom

Proud_Mom Guest

Hi,

Guess my post is coming a little late. Could someone let me know if there is any library near Medavakkam? Thanks.

Sumithra

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

Even i love reading, i used to read whatever i see, i spend most of the time reading novles and also other must read good books

My Library is :

KARMUGIL BOOK CENTRE
    7 - G Railway Station Road
    SANATORIUM
    Tambaram, chennai - 47

Librarian No.: 9444939434

This is located in the middle of the station road which join with GST road

so, people from other parts have to take a right turn opp. to MEPZ , which takes you to Sanarorium rly station road

and, people from East Tambaram have to cross the rly gate and take the road which takes you to GST road

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CWindows%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Velachery lending library
    10, 100 ft., Taramani Road,

Opp. Taramani Telephone Exchange,
    Velachery.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CWindows%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> D-Lending Library

,45, Sarathy nagar,

Opp. Vijayanagar bus terminus,
    Velachery.

4. Bharathi.K

Bharathi.K Senior IL'ite

HI..

I used to take books from Kannimera lib often.. i can find lots of books there.. tats y.. and I love reading..

5. geena

geena New IL'ite

6. susealex

susealex New IL'ite

This is just for general info. When the list of libraries was put up, Ramona library in Nungambakkam on Village Road was functioning. But it seems to have closed down without warning about a year ago. I used to be a regular member over there as it was within walking distance for me.

They had a branch at Anna nagar, I know but I don't know if that one is functioning too. When I tried calling the owner's mobile number to find out if it was opening again, I was told it was a wrong number and the board of the library was also taken down later.

Now I go to Eloor library in T. Nagar and find it v.good.

7. bookworm74

bookworm74 New IL'ite

[​IMG]Hi

I would like to recommend Books n more on LB road - on the way to thiruvanmiyur opposite to the Appaswamy Prime Terrace building. Great library with very friendly folks manning it. Nice collection of children's books.

8. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends

Iam looking for lending libraries ( pref english ) near pallavaram , chrompet .Please suggest .

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

brindhaa,

You can check easwari lending library if they can deliver at your doorstep.

Akshaya lending library, hastinapuram main road, in chromepet. i remember seeing this seal in one of the books i read sometime back..not sure about the address. hope somebody can give you the details.

if you can check out ranga library in nanganallur, they are very good. people as far as pammal and pozhichalur do come here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai all,

I am a member of the library mentioned above and they have branches in many places and i used to go to Velachery branch.....they also have good collections, especially for kids........

many kids walk in to get their books............