1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Letters from a father to his daughter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vidya24, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya24
    A beautiful emotional piece of work......
    You have written so well the love between father and daughter, yes these are the most valuable memories we will have through out our life and reading these mails cheers us and feel very peaceful and also feel that our loved ones are just beside us and sharing our feelings...........
    My dad writes very rarely but when ever he write it will be just a few lines, but those lines will be so much knowledgable and powerful that remains in you forever usually he calls and talks but writes sometime I too have preserved his letters.........
    Cheer up dear they are always around us to protect us........ and show us the way.....

2. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi vidhya

Your post brought tears to my eyes. You have wriiten from the depth of your heart and poured all, love and emotions in your post.

My dad is a very-very reserved person. He use to write to me when I was in hostel, but always to the point.I wihs he could be as expressive as Nehruji or your dad.But, he is a great person and a contented sould.

Your post reinstates the fact that parents have an indespensable role in our lives, which can never be forgotten.

Best wishes
    Ansh

3. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Vidhya

Your post evoked various emotions in me. I have never known the love of a father having been brought up by a single parent(my loving mom). One way or other i have never given much thought to the relationship between father and a daughter. But after reading your post i pray and wish with all my heart for my two daughters to experience the warmth of such a loving and wonderful relationship with their father. You have written with so much of love Vidhya. His words which you treasure so much will serve as a guiding light to you in all that u do.

Warm Regards
    Jay.

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dearest Vidya,

After reading your touching write-up about the strong bond you shared with your Dad, all I can say, is WOW!

You have a way with words. I admire your vocabulary and your use of precise wording to convey the sentiment exactly. You put it just right - not many words and neither too little.

Just like many others, I too share a very close bond with my Dad so I can totally relate to your writing. I speak to Dad every few days. It is really about nothing, just a general conversation. But it lifts my spirits for the next so many days. I know when things change for the worse, these will be the times that will help me bounce back from my “downs”.

Knowing the strong and upbeat person you are, I know for a fact that you will bounce back from the hard times that you are undergoing. Like you already said, it is a passing phase and the downs will disappear only to re-surface again sometime latter. But life will go on and we will keep living it well.

I thoroughly relished reading your post. I read and re-read it umpteen times and enjoyed it over and over and over again!

SS

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Ohh My god, I'm totally choked up and tears are just falling out of my eyes. cant write anything else right now ! But just want to say, always remember "this too shall pass"...

Take care
    ~Abha

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    I ask myself from time to time what is it to be immortal. After reading your thread, it came to me in a flash that immortality did not mean being alive forever in flesh and blood. I see that your loving dad has become immortal in this sense that he continues to live in your thoughts, lift your sagging spirit whenever you feel low, rejoice with you in your moments of glory and keep himself within your reach whenever you need him. This is what immortality is all about. I have learnt from what you write of your dad that the ability to evoke the same feelings in others even after one is dead and gone is the only way to become immortal.

I know very little about your father but I do know that he continues to remain a perennial source of joy and inspiration for his daughter. I believe in the kind of immortality that Norman Cousin prescribes- If something comes to life in others because of you, then you have made an approach to immortality. Your dad makes a lot of feelings come alive in you and his immortality is thus recognised.

The proof of a good life is not what we do during our life time but it is how our life is remembered by others after we are gone. As long as he lives so strongly in your memory, every one connected with you will continue to feel his presence. Like all of us ILites who are fortunate to read your thread on your bonding with your dad.

I hope that you'll take your writing career seriously. Why do you want those wonderful thoughts of yours buried deep in you? Give them wings that they may fly in breathtaking formations and gladden the hearts of all the beholders
    Sri

7. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi vidya,

what a lovely write up!!!

Cheeniya sir has written about it so well..............

I always admire my father............

Tears are flowing from my eyes as I am reading ur write up!!!!!!!!!

prabha

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidyaji,

A Wonderful piece,remarkable.Yes those must be great memories of your Dad, and always an inspiration.Same is the case here with me.Dad expired in 96, and I still have his letters, which I read often.I have dozens of video tapes of his which I watch often and they lift me up, seeing him on the screen.I will write about my expierences ,based on yr blog, very soon.

Take the printouts of these letters, in case they disa[ppear,and hold them close to you.You will always be cose to yr dad.May God bless him and u and yr family.Regards.kamal

9. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

I'm touched by your love for your father, my salute to the great soul. You tend to miss your dear ones all the more, when your life is turbulent, then you miss all their strength, support, advice and care, and all that remains is an emptiness.

But you have to draw strength from the fact that there are people who are in situations worse than yours, who end up facing problems that you won't even dream off, with no one to turn for support, strength. Trust me, this is all a test for us from the divine powers above. The one who suffers the most, emerges the strongest of the lot.

Most important, when you find the strength to move on with life, make sure you help another soul in trouble, find her bearings. You will do very well and make your father very proud of you. Keep that thought always in your mind and never let the winds of trouble beat your spirit. Keep going !

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya,
    A very touching post.The kind of love and affection that you shared with your dad is remarkable.Excellent post and it conveyed your emotions and the love for your dad.
    Hats off to your dad and you!