1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Letters from a Daughter to her Father - Epilogue

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 16, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]So this my friends was my tribute to my father on father's day. It has been a journey that took me to corners of my mind which I thought had been long forgotten. A lot of old memories were revived. Many of them I have shared here, but there are very many that I shall reserve for a future date.

The memories were a bit scattered, but that is the way memories are – they just pop up unexpectedly and may not necessarily be interconnected. I have written them as they came to me.

Some of the memories made me smile, others brought tears over a father who is sorely missed. But life goes on.

I have written the last letter and I feel at a loose end. Every letter took me back in time and I was with him once again. It was like connecting with him virtually.

As coincidence may have it, my cousin sent me a picture of my father taken about 22 - 23 years ago. He sent it just after I had written the last letter. (He did not know anything about these letters). I was really stunned. Couldn't take my eyes of the picture. He looks so life like in the picture. It was as if I were really seeing him again. This is just how he looks in my memories. This is how he looks when he appears in my dreams.

This is what my cousin writes of him: “S. mama had been a sedate person a very cool soul and a very humourous persona..went on well with all sorts of company...old and not so old and also infants..a very magnanimous person with remarkable qualities”! No words could have been sweeter to my ears.

I shall take it that my dad has sent this as a sign that he has received my letters. This is his reply to me, indicating that he is in a better place and that he will always be with me.

“We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun
    And what lives on with me is all the things that we had done”.

Thanks to all my readers for being with me and sharing my memories over these last 3 weeks.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Satchi,
    Let me have the honour of being the first to respond to the final part of some first class writings I have come across in recent years. Your father should be very happy and very proud in his place, the heaven up above.

A father-daughter relationship is something very sweet, very complex and of course the most precious. What is spoken out and exchanged is only a part of the relationship. The unspoken words and the unexpressed thoughts form a greater part of it. It's something worth writing a book on.

I was with you throughout the series. And I am really happy I did it. Something has to be said about your flawless language, very smooth, simple and yet very powerful.

Thanks a lot for giving us all a wholesome reading, Satchi.
    sridhar

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear

It was nice reading the happy memories you had with your dad. I might not have given fb to all the letters since my net was giving problems. You really have a way of putting things .

When the great writer Sridhar himself has given the first fb and appreciated what have I to say. You are blessed to have so many admirers.

All the best. Glad that your cousin gave you your father's photo just when u finished writing. Ya you are right it shows that your father has blessed you.

Nice tribute to your father on Father's day

4. satchitananda

Varalottiji,

Thanks a lot for your very encouraging feedback and for being the first to post your comments here. It really means a lot to me.

I need not say Varalottiji, that the greatest reward for a writer is to have readers who are genuinely interested in their writings. In a situation like blogs, where the only source of feedback is directly from the reader (unlike novels, where one gets reviews or can base an idea of the popularity on the sales), feedbacks really mean a lot to me and keep me going. And in this context, I am eternally grateful to you Varalottiji and to all those who have posted their comments here. It has been a source of great moral support and encouragement to me.

Looking forward to seeing you in my future blogs too sir. :)

5. satchitananda

Thanks so much Vijima. Even if you have not posted replies to each and every letter, I know that you have read them and that I have your good wishes and blessings. Thank you very much Vijima for being such a moral support and a lifeline to me in all my times of feeling low.

6. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    Wow to day i found time and read all the letters. the last one which posted today is like crown for all the letter.
    May i suggest you to write these letters to magazines to publish.
    All these letters are touching our hearts ma.
    I always love your writing dear. God bless you.
    kantha

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Satchit,

The bonding of LOVE towards daughter and a father was very fabulous my dear. It is a very valuable diamond crown in your life who took care of you in a wonderful way. Thanks a lot dear for sharing this with us. May Your Father be with you always in guiding and nurturing everything in your life.ALL THE BEST DEAR . Your posts are always admiring and touching.

8. satchitananda

My dearest Kantha,

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. Yes, I need to do something about publishing some of the stuff here, but don't quite know how to go about it. Well, if and when the time comes, they will get published.

9. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Sree for your very encouraging feedback. What you say is absolutely true. My dad was an absolute treasure. God has been very kind to me.

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Like everything has an end, the series of letters from you to your Dad also came to an end. Like the sweet memories these letters also are immortal now.
    Yes, the surprising coincidence of getting the photo of your Dad from your cousin kind of marks your Dad's happiness to get your letters. I was so touched by this coincidence.
    Enjoyed thoroughly the writings, Dear.