1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to my daughter, a thank you note

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Keerti16, May 6, 2012.

1. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Dear A,

Thank you so much for coming into my life.For my life is so much more than it used to be. You see for many years I kept lamenting about not having a sense of purpose and nothing I tried doing ever filled that void. Well maybe not a void but a sense of feeling something was missing but I could not put a finger on it. Now I know, what was missing, was you.

Thank you for being the reason to make me want to be a better person. I want to be more patient. I want to be more tolerant. I want to be more understanding.I want to be more cheerful. I want me to be so much more than what I am everyday.

Thank you for teaching me yet again that learning never stops. Every second with you I learn something new. Something new about me, something new about your appa and of course something new about you. I learn to see the world in different perspectives, in light sunny colors and the darker shades. I learn in the truest sense every day that a dark night will always give way to a new dawn filled with hope and joy.

Thank you for bringing wonder back into my life. Somehow along the years I had completely forgotten the feeling. When I look at you, I feel wonder. When I look at the world and all the silly, simple things in it through your eyes, I feel amazement.

And lastly, thank you for needing me so much. It feels good to be wanted. Every time I can make you happy or wipe away your boo-boos with a simple hug or smile, I feel humbled. For that is all it takes to make you smile. Though I do complain to all and sundry that you are clingy these days, I cannot lie about the joy I felt when you reached out to me the first time.Now every time you crawl quickly towards me, I am secretly thrilled that you prefer me over everyone else, all the while worrying and fretting that you are becoming too dependent on me.

Thank you for being you
    Luv
    Amma

I also write at
    http://mylipstickchronicles.blogspot.com/

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow this is such cute blog & reflects that it is true from heart!!

Wish you many more happy moments with your Daughter.

3. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Motherhood at this stage makes us feel tired if we are 'only' the carer 24/7. The time is filled with so many golden moments and each moment is precious. The journey continues. You would see the phase when your child would get attracted towards toys and then friends. But you would always remain a special person to her.
    Happy Motherhood!

4. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi keerthi, very nice blog. Girl child is really a boon not only to the family but to the country. Regards

5. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Pallavi.

6. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Dear Innerbliss,

Motherhood has its tough days...you are right. I am the 'only' carer for 12 to 13 hours daily and someday when my daughter is more cranky than usual, it drives me mad but I try to stay positive for both our sakes. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Cheers

7. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Dear maalti,

I could not agree with you more. Thanks for reaidng and commenting.

Cheers

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Keerti dear enjoy each moment of your motherhood. Its very enjoyable especially when the children are kids. We require lot of patience to teach them and make them a wonderful daughter.

9. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It sure is a joy when LO's prefer us over others. Nice post.

10. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Dear iyerviji,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Cheers