1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share what we teach our kids daily

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by hs2009, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rakhii we don't have the practice in our family. I kept her books/puzzles/flash cards/slate on Saraswathi Pooja. Next day I started teaching her. I held her hand and we formally scribbled the abc's :)

2 people like this.
  2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Ramya.

3. neelamkukreja

neelamkukreja Junior IL'ite

I have bought some water colors for her that are safe for kids and get washed easily. I just mix the color in a big bowl, give her wall painting brush and let her paint the whole floor. I keep changing the color and tell her the color she is using. This way she enjoying coloring as well as learns about colors.

2 people like this.
  4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,

Iam from Andhra and we also have a tradition of doing Aksharabhyasam.We do it after 2 yr and before 3 yr of kids age.There is one famous saraswati devi temple near Hyderabad to do this ritual and every february ,there will be lakhs of people coming to temple to do this.Some people do this in their local temples or at their own houses.
    For DD,there is good eight more months.She is still watching rhymes.If i ask what mary does,she shows that.Regarding colors,of she got bored it seems,so whenever i take the stack ,she runs away.Nowadays she is busy with her new ball.So few days later i should try again.

5. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Neelam,
    How old is your DD?Just cant imagine,what if i give colors and painting brush to my DD? She splashes it on me first and then OMG...

But this is really a good way to keep them engaged,rather than allowing them to watch TV or play video games.I will surely try this, let DD cross her 2nd birthday.

Thanks for idea

6. sridevipc

sridevipc Silver IL'ite

Now my DS is 2.2 months I teach him numbers , name of fruits and alphabet A-F
    For my DD (9 years) I teach G.K while sleeping ….
    On first ayuda pooja of child we will do pooja in our kula dheivam(family god) temple , there we will arrange priest to cum and after doing pooja in front of god we will make the child to write first letter (AA) of our mother tongue

7. jackie4

jackie4 Bronze IL'ite

We started using thank you's, please, ur welcome, sorry's right from when our daughter was around 20 months old...she is 2 now and uses all these words while asking something like Amma....milk please....n says thank you etc..

Although I don't need her to say please n tnx to me,..I think it's a good practice when she interacts with people n kids. It sounds polite and very sweet :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

DD Started identifying animals from the wall paintings in our apartment lobby.So 2 weeks back ,got her a animal picture book.Now she identifies 6 animals in the book and also already teared the book in to two halves.so i hide the book for the time being until she knows to handle it.

she is no more interested in colors now.can identify only blue and green.

9. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Nice thread,My lil one is 1.5yr old she full or energy n active all day. She can stack the blocks almost correctly most of the time, i got this toy from funshool which is one has to pass the correct shape blocks into the respective holes. she loves doing it and can pass 3 shapes correctly. She keeps babbling all the time and most of the time it sounds as if she is asking something or saying something with voice modulation. she folds her hands during aathi, identifies who is amma and papa. When asked who is 'Swastika' she shows herself.. She know few parts of her body like stomach, eyes, nose, hair etc

She loves all latest hindi songs specially yo yo honey singh songs and dances in her own way.when we watch other channels n she gets bored she brings the remote to us to change for her.

Like this thread as it helps me know how to groom her as she grows,

bye!
    sudha