1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

girls its bragtime for me...guess what...I managed to wean B tearlessly from yesterday!!! :yes:

I was so so worried about this transition because my little boy loved to drink BM for comfort every now and then, with no particular feed timings...Sometimes he would survive only on BM and not eat any food...Now he is 1 year and 10 months old and i decided to stop due to various reasons...you know what worked out? coconut oil...i told him for the last 2 weeks that soon oil will be coming instead of mumum...we had actually planned to wean him next week when DH has 2 days off from work. But yesterday, B made a grimace while drinking mumum and i asked if oil is coming and he said yes...I took that as a chance and applied coconut oil for the next feed. I didnt offer to feed, but I didnt refuse when he asked. After he got the taste of oil, he just refused to drink. Everytime he asked and drank, there was oil and he refused to drink. He played and remained normal the whole day..no crying, but only didnt sleep in the afternoon...At night, he was so tired that he slept on my shoulders. Same story today. He didnt cry nor fuss. I don't know if he feels sad inside, but he didn't ask for it too today...Tonight, he just slept beside me with me singing...He fell asleep on his own...wow...I just cant believe all this happened...I am so so so happy that this happened without any tears/tantrums...

Forgot to add this, this morning, the first thing he asked me after waking up was "mumma dhochee" which means dosai. This has never happened before. I mean he was such a poor eater and everytime i had to beg him to eat...but today we couldn't believe he asked for dosai. He had lunch and dinner and also inbetween milk without fuss. I am very very happy today...:)

The only difficult part is that I am feeling so sick and full with all the milk. I have taken a tablet that my gyn gave to lower prolactin levels. Hope it gets better tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ah that sounds lovely V. i'll send all house buying vibes your way. you're right that it's difficult to get such independent houses in prime spots to buy anymore, everywhere. so even if you have to shell a bit more than your budget it's worth it. everytime i pass by besant nagar, gandhi nagar areas in chennai i so long to have a house there. but it's impossible to buy one there. many houses are converted to apartments and with horrid price tags.

Sindhu,

one of the teachers attended a science for pre-schoolers session. it's sponsored by big companies. we've been given a booklet with 5 simple experiments. each pre-school must do this with parents' help. so we 5 parents signed up. for every experiment attended by the child a stamp is given and then in the end for successful completion the school gets a certificate. interesting isn't it. me and the other mom will do about solar energy tomorrow. i've done this - paste a sheet of aluminium foil on a square coloured chart paper. then make a cone out of it such that the foil is inside. we've to ask the children to feel the sun's energy by inserting a finger through the cone's tapering end. also we can paint their finger black and see if they notice any difference. also i plan to carry couple of my dupattas in different materials/colours. they can all feel the reflection phenomenon at the same time since the dupatta is long:) all these ideas are given in the booklet so don't praise me at all;)

Radhee,

bravo bravo... i do hope your discomfort goes away soon. yes once they're completely off milk they are more eager to try normal food.

ladies,

now to my confusion - DH told me that we've a place in a day care for DD. it's through his company. looks like they reserved spots in few day cares for their employees. he says let's take an appointment and try it out. i agree to all his logic - DD will spend time with children, learn many many things as DS did too, her language skill will improve by leaps and bounds and potty training will happen faster - as it did with DS. but the mother in me doesn't want to send her away, even for 4-5 hrs a day. i never felt so strong when DS was in day care:( i'm even praying that for some reason they suddenly don't have that spot anymore:((( please drive some sense into me...

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,

All is well here. Iam taking A to so many activities (i think i crammed alil too much.)that eevn I tire out when i reach home.

Po,
    Be carefull while cooking yaar. I also use the phone when cookinga dn after one incident of spilling hot rasam over my foot i stopped. I was lucky that day cos A was playing so close to me

Latha,

I understand the mom feeling more seperation than the kid. with my A the first few days i felt teriible leaving her in daycare and going for work. It was so horrible. I see teh babys face crying nera the door and saying teary tata sumtimes i ll feel like a monster. but it sure did her loads of good. u Dont ve to put DD yet. Wait till she turns two. Two is not late .

U dont remember me ever and miss out my name. BOO HOO. JK

Ad,
    The backbiting the clients do and the politics with teh managers are the bad part of the IT field. See if ur manager can release u fron this project. its hard to work with a complaining client esp if tehy r faking it for their own interests. We feel all the work we do is waste for such people.

Aish,
    kids ve inbulit sensors that note such small changes in routine. DD shud ve missed ur Dh so much that she cried even at night.

SS,
    hows lil one/ is her allergies getting controlled with her new diet plan?

V,
    Sending u loads of good luck for the house. it ll all work out.

Radhee,
    Yay to Ben. the discomfort ll take a week r two to totally subside.

Ramya,

I never gave oil bath to A myself. I feel its tough to handle them esp when they are small and slippery with oil.

Nitha,
    Please do some regular periodical checkups for teh clots. u gave us a scare gal. Its good to have the attitude to laugh at ourselves and misfortunes. I know it doesnt come easy. But be carefull with this clot stuff.

Sindhu,
    Hows inlaws ? Are all ur trips over? U made so many summer trips that am so tempted.

Arthi, Amitha,
    how u been?

Hi to raj, lee, Tikka, uma, sharadha, vidhya, lee, and anyone i missed. sorry that wasnt intentional.

We r plannign atrip to india sumtime in september. hope evrything works otu. iam so looking forward to it to sort out some issues .

Regards,
    CC

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

CC - what kind of activities are you taking DD to? Hope your India trip works out.

Radhee - yay for you and Ben! I remember being both profoundly relieved but also a little sad when it happened to me.

Latha - of course she should go. When does she need to start and how many hours/days a week? You have to let her go sometime right and this will give you some breathing space as well as time to do stuff you want to (like bake/ go to german class) in peace. I'm with your DH on this - go for it. The science experiment sounds very interesting btw - how did it turn out?

We had a baby born with a cleft lip/palate here 4 months ago. Well the cleft lip repair was done last week and today the sutures are out and the baby looks beautiful! My bright spot for the day :)

V.

5. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Ramya u're most welcome.....Bt as u know i'll be in India soon and my MIL would be a good host unless u don't tell her u're my friend.:thumbsup
    V gr8 blessings for the baby and u too for being such a wonderful paed and finding joy in every lil thing.....Good luck for the house!
    Nitha hope things are fine, do go for check up...
    Pon yea be careful....with 2 kids need to take care of yourself first......pls do avoid calls when u cook.
    Latha do send her, it's good for u both....
    CC good luck for ur trip, sure will work out gr8!
    Girls another surprise from DH. Yesderday I had backache, so i asked him to get DD ready for School....He offered to take off n help me out. He gave shower to DD2, cooked dhal, rasam, moor kozhambu, lady's finger poriyal, kotavarangai poriyal and egg fry for lunch....I had a hearty lunch and slept, then we went for a short walk and he made some soup n noodles for dinner...He did clear the kitchen and even cleaned the gas stove.....I'm so happy n refreshed today........
    DD asked me "Amma y no fan in the playground?" I asked her where can it be hung, she says it has to be hung in the clouds! I asked her "how to reach". She says Driller uncle(plumber) should stand on a stool n fit it....:rotfl
    Take care All! Catch u later........

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

CC,

you're always in my heart dear that's why got missed out in the list:) ithu eppidi irukku? (how is it?). i told you already i've a huge hole in my brain:( so please apologies:(((

do tell us what activities you take LO to...

V,

congrats!!!!

what to say about the experiment. it's cloudy today so i've to do tomorrow.

we've to call the day care and find out details. certain anxieties do not change at all irrespective of the number of kids:( i'll take the first step of visiting the place. actually i must consider ourselves lucky. it's hard to get a day care spot. even where DS went earlier all other moms booked when they were pregnant. i was sitting relaxed thinking there is this solid rule that all siblings get priority no matter when we book.

Uma,

can i borrow your DH for a day or two? i can't make such a grand spread in short notice. give him a huge pat from me;)

that's really cute of DD. brilliant idea:)

ahhh pleasant weather today. we had heavy showers last night. i love it when it rains in the night and then the next day is cool but bright. i'll pack DD to the park and then pick up A.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hey Girls,
    Rant time........

Sleep regression at our end!!! Bahh.. im in so low mood. Manu didn't sleep for 45 mins continuously yesterday night and i had a hard time waking up along with her and keep feeding her from 10.30 pm till 7 am with 45 mins interval :rant
    I thought, at least she will be tired during the day today and i can take a nap.... Negative.. She slept for 40 mins, in the mean time i finished few chores and lied down and she woke up & now all energetic and playing while i sit typing this zombied....
    DH has a dinner out tomm and will be late(which i hate). So my Friday evening& night will be gone making this girl sleep....

I SO WANT TO SLEEP:bang:bangcomp::frown::cry:

Sorry dears.. will login with a better mood

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Radhee - Great job. I dread that day for myself and DD.
    Latha - it is just for 4-5 hours. A will learn a lot and she will have a change too. Try it for 1 week and then decide.
    CC - From the time when I could handle her, I have only bathed DD and I feel it is a pleasure. Right or wrong, I have done what I felt was good. So, if I leave to office early without giving her a bath, I feel miserable.
    V - Do they do these surgeries as early as 4 mo? Good and you must be really proud!
    Reg. the expense on house, you will soon get used to it. When we bought ours, I was so skeptical that even on the day of registration, I did not want to wake up. Silly me. Now, things seem ok and I am wondering what I was doing with the extra cash befor I bought it. Atleast we have a house for ourselves and this is a place where DH & I want to settle. Just go for it and things will fall in place.
    Uma - I am now thinking of visiting with your MIL is there ....JK.
    And DD is so cute .....hanging a fan from clouds. Kids are truly God's gift to us.
    Girls - A very guilty mom here - I have never done this. For the past 9-9.5 months, DD has never slept properly and I have been very patient. Yesterday I could not tolerate it. At 2 am, after non-stop rocking, cajoling, feeding and singing, I just spoke in a very harsh tone. DD started to wail and then I held her tightly and calmed her. I feel very veyr guilty for speaking harshly to a smaal kid ...she does not even understand words ...how could I. DH not around, stress at office, a big joint family everything is just taking a real toll on me. But I was very patient in the morning ...I came late to office.... fed her breakfast, gave her a bath, put her to sleep.

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Ramya - Me too a guilty mom here. Just now i spoke very harshly to Manu. She too wailed uncontrollably and hugged me so tight and cried. I cried too...
    aaaaaaahhhh cant today be a lil better and nice to me:bonk

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Radheee:thumbsup...I am still stuggling with weaning chinnu. Tried with tamarind; Lmon juice; garlic; bittergourd. Still she is going strong :((

Uma; what a sweet husband you have...and so much spreads. Keeper :))

Vanathi; you do a very satisfying job. Touching and transforming people's life:cheers

Ramya; Hugs!!! You are handling a lot of things together. it is a big accomlplishment. So pat yourselves; and do not ride the guilt trip.

latha; Yeah; I support your DH. Now DD will njoy going to nursery. Take it slow and see how it works for both of you!!!

Aishu...me too a sleepless mommy . Chinnu is going to be 2 next month. Still I am not sleeping continously. I wonder whn she will sleep through night.

-Nitha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.