1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Latha, yaa why no one around?
    My maid knew that i have resolved to wakeup early, so she bunked today. She had come in the mid morning instead of evening and bahhhhhhhhhh we were out. Somehow all conspiracy against my resolution, I was at kitchen till 1am, clearing the dishes and sweeping. Now I sooo much want to rant and I have thrown away the no-comp-after-6pm rule :((
    But you know what? We went out to get new anklets for kids and I got one as a bonus, yayyyyyyyyyy :) Am still looking(read - admiring) my anklet often. As if I have the prettiest heels in the world :))))))))))) DH was making fun non-stop. And a new metti too :))) Woww life is nice to me :)))
    But yesss, me too skipped all the regular chores and I have double work tomo :) Idli batter, usual chutneys, thokus, handwashing, CDs, laundry, all pending!

Thats soooooo nice to read about your outing girl :)) Even i have been telling to DH that we go to pondy for a day! I hope it happens soon. This wednesday evening am starting to Cbe, coming back on Sunday morning. Next to next weekend would be DS's tonsure ceremony. We have sooo many things lined up!
    Big A knows mamma in and out i guess :) How to shoot her temper up and down, within mins :)

Happy week ahead :)) Byeeeeee

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Got back late (2 am) last night from a wonderful trip! There were 28 people - its a big family! - and we went to Thanjavur, Kumbakonam, Darasuram, Swamimalai, Patteswaram and Thirukavur. Despite the occassional disagreement and plans gone awry it was overall a great expereince (very very tiring though) :)

Latha - your trip sounds good.

Pon - hope your co-sis works things out.

Hi to everyone else and hope you all had a good weekend.

V.

3. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

I'm soooooooo thrilled Dh surprised me with a cute semi precious chain.....no occasion, nothing, he doesn't do this actually....I was feeding Lo and he just handed over a bag to me, i was really shocked, i told him let me pinch myself to see if it's true......I was throwing a lot of ques as why he got it, etc, etc....refused to answer any of my ques......Anyway I'm happy.....
    Girls Dh's work pressure is coming to an end....We had a nice time tog on saturday and sunday was lunch at friend's place and we went together to the beach in the eve....I had fun chatting so much and it was relaxing....Today i'm refreshed but me too have loads to do.....
    V....have a gr8 trip, again it's my hometown, temples are awesome.........
    Pon hope ur SiL is doing fine...Have a nice trip......BTW I'll be in CBE on 30 July(not sure how many days....IL's shifted to CBE(Vadavalli) from Chennai).
    Latha kids are too smart........In my case DH is very strict with her when it comes to behavior, he can control her by his tone, somehow i'm not able to.....with me it works with spanks.Dh insists on following his method, but how, she can never listen.....When i spank DH starts to argue on the spot, this brings in wrong msg to DD...She tries to do all sorts of tricks to make me spank, then cry n complain to DH....When he's not around handling her is not too tough.........Finally we both start fighting...he blames me and i blame him....wuf.....
    I tried to bake a walnut cake, DH intend to help me burnt all walnut...:(
    Then he took another receipe from some website, it was a coconut cake...I insisted not to, he didn't listen.....It calls for egg yolk:rant....anyway we both planned to try, we followed every step, in the end egg white has to be whipped with sugar and folded into the flour batter, DH happily mixed everything into the flour n whipped the whole thing....Not sure what was wrong but we had a nice paniyaram, DD calls it jelly:hide:.....but we had some fun baking n waiting for the outcome.....:)

4. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

V, Trip really sounds wonderful. How did you all 28 people go on the trip (Bus/tempo travellers) ? Arranging a trip for more number of people and making it happen itself is a awesome job. Hope Aadhu must have enjoyed with this cousins.

Pon, Yayyy for the new anklets. I too got new anklets and metti along with DD during my sister's marriage in May :) Any special reasons for Cbe visit ? Did I miss something ?

Latha, Glad that you had a nice trip. Do plan to have such trips often to enjoy summer to the fullest :)

Sindhu, P should have had a great time during the field trip and the birthday party. When are you posting the niagara pictures ? I am a great fan of niagara :)

Nitha, Yayyy for the AC :) Isnt it so nice when we get new appliances and learn itty bitties about it and use for the first few days. How is Chinnu's prickly heat now ?

SS, Is DD doing better with the allergy now ? When is her birthday ?

Hi to all other mommies :) Hope you all had a nice and relaxed weekend.

The weekend was hectic as we had planned for lot of things to be done. We had go to gyn for my checkup, give my scooty for service, visit to the hotel to pay for the party hall, invite people over the phone, shop for the goody bags etc. So even before relaxing, the weekend is gone :(

One good news is that we have decided to get a new scooty for me :) as the current one is giving lot of problems. I had not used it for a year when I was pregnant. So nowadays it is giving lot of problems and even after spending few Ks it is still having starting trouble every now and then. So DH said we will exchange the old one and get new one as birthday gift :))))

5. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hey Uma, congrats for your new chain. Glad to hear that all your stressful days are coming to end. You are sure to have great fun during your vacation and the days to come later as your DH's work pressure is subsiding. Have great fun baking together :thumbsup

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ladies,

i'm sooooo glad all of us had a nice week-end in one way or the other. so we must share more positive thoughts here. it does seem to rub off in our circle:)

monday did start off on a good note. DH had learnt how to operate the coffee machine and i got to taste freshly brewed espresso:) though not a fan of espresso i was thankful for the gesture:)

and forgot to say what i bought at the museum shop where we went y'day. a slate with lines drawn. now i can teach DS to write tamil with ease:)

oh Uma... i am so glad. after all the tension... now i'm convinced your DH for sure understands your worries. so stay cool. that's what matters to us most end of the day. some men, like mine and yours, are not that good in emoting but they do keep our well-being in heart.

off to clean and iron.... and DS has his hair-cut. wish me luck. now i don't know what he likes and what not:( he's already warned that he'll run away if i take him to the salon:(((

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Pon - Sad that maid bunked, but who cares...you have a new anklet right?? And have a nice trip to cbe.
    Really wish you co-sis can work something out.

V - Looks like it was a temple visit trip ....

Uma - See ...he is so nice!! He probably understands that you are going off on vacation. Just relax.

Bhavani - I am not thinking of a scooty after my car-learning lesson went in vain. Take care.

I hate Mondays ...another week to go and DH is travelling again. He is out from Moday to Saturday. Little A is such a sweetie and she waved bye when I left for office.

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey Girls, My weekend was lil busy... Saturday did all the pending work, grocery shopping, banks, and then lunch at restaurant and continued shopping, went to pothys to check out sales.. not that great.. but DH bought me one dress..

Then yesterday mornings we were lazing around.. for dinner we were treated by a dinner..so before tat we went to EA the new mall and roamed around.. Girls, I was happy yesterday,, DH said I was beautiful with the new dress.. I think this is the second time he is telling this in this full 2 years of life.. He rarely tells..leave the word 'beautiful', he usually never accepts frankly even I am looking 'OK' ..

DH is sick since morning Girls..:(((.. shivering and fever... Gave him medicines and have come to work..

Sorry girls, I havent read so many pages.. but looks like all had a good weekend.. and Latha and V had a good outing..:))

Uma, so you should be really happy now.. great.. :)

Vidyaa

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hello dears,

Hope all of you had a great weekend.I had a exhausting weekend.Cleaning for most part of the day that too with DD... huh you can imagine how tiring it would have been.DH helped a lotttt.... and he even did dishes for me yesday since my maid bunked... Pon - same pinch!:cheers
    My kitchen and pooja room smells so nice and fresh after the whole lot of cleaning :) Manu was a lil nice to me on Saturday. she slept for say 2.5 hrs when me n DH cleaned.A blessing indeed.

Yesterday was my star birthday.. but i didnt do anything special.. not even a payasam .Amma asked me to go to temple..DH did call me in the evning for a small outing, but he looked so tired and exhausted .So i saved him from that saying I'm tired. We had a early dinner and relaxed in the bed... all three of us..with Manu doing the roll over and me n DH talked so much our heart out after a long long time.I felt really good!

This morning when DH left to work.. I dunno why i felt so empty that i hugged him tightly.May be after the weekend...:bonk

Wishing all of you a great week ahead.

Latha - As you say.. let all those positive vibes rub off to all of us to stay sane for the rest of the week. I happened to see the VF thread.. your plaited bread looks so lovely... I grabbed my share :)

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies;
    Ystrday; I had the "sickest" day in my life:(( I was dizzy; vomitting from morn till afternoon. The moment I sit up; I get dizzy. Jay was scared (me too)..... He thought my clot in brain has increased. The doctor has said that if I feel dizzy accompanied by either memory loss or inability to write; I need to go for surgery. But I got better by afternoon (maybe it is the football magic:))). We had called our friends for dinner; and I hate to cancel a program. So that too was a motivation to get better. But changed my menu items. Made Dosa- ash-gourd sambar; veg biryani-gobi manchurian-salad. I felt bad to make this pathetic spread for the newly married couple :(

Latha; Vanathi...very happy that you had a wonderful trip :))) vanathi; 28 family member sounds so wonderful. Latha I made tomato chutney you suggested. It came out well. Thanks. Yes the tandoori is the next one :))

Pon; New anklet ha;) I have only a gold anklet now; which I rarely wears. I love silver anklets wit lots of sound. J loves anklets; and it will invariably lead to .... Any guess why I don't wear it regularly:)

Aishu...My birthday wishes!!! Have a great year!!!!

Ramya; It is so tough right.. this travelling job!!!! Where is he travelling to? Are you now at your moms or Il's place?

Vidya::thumbsup for the compliments :) and is your DH feeling better

Bhavani; congrats for the new scooty!!!! Happy birthday planning! I start hunting for hotels from today. I wanted to have kerala style sadya; in banana leaves. But much to my knowledge there is no kerala restuarants in this area.

Uma; congrats for the jewellery and for the relaxed weekend!!!

Brought an easel for chinnu and first crayons set too.

All other my love. Hope we all have a saner week :))))
    -Nitha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.