1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey girls,

dinner was a hit today.. i made peas pulao, roti, paneer makhani, tandoori gobi and badam kheer. but i feel so sad at the loss... why did Germans play a passive game today?

catch you all on friday

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Latha;Here dinner will be roti and green moong dal sabji;) So you can imagine :).. your menu sounds five star:thumbsup
    I have a little gobi saved for manchurian. But if you can share tandoori gobi recipe; I will switch to that :)
    Yes; the german played so spiritlessly. Not that; spain was doing a great show; but german's was so below their usual performance.

Third day without AC....Though they came and repaired ystrday the AC stopped working at night. Today they haven't come yet. Our house owner is insisting that we stay in hotel and he will pay the bill.Chinnu is getting prickley heat around neck:((((

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    I don't know where to post this.Thats why am peep in here.I am Anbu from Erode.My DD is 15 months old.Day before yestereday I met our dear Vanathi.I went to hospital for my DD's Vaccination where she is working.She is the first IL I met in person.I was so excited.She might have understood this from my words.V is so lively and warmth.I loved the way she was talking.DD was disturbing her when she put stethes on her,V was deviating her by givivng some toys.I really liked it.This is the way a good ped should handle the babies.But sadly I have seen none like this except one or two.

Thanks V.

I was trying to reply twice yesterday but the posts vanished....:rantso sad....so now taking draft and sending.....:thumbsup

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

V - I am at mom's. But had loads od guest yesterday. It is problem in both houses and stress at office. I hope I come of it soon. THanks for asking.
    Sindu - Agree to the advice. I am trying to do it.
    CC - I am sorry about the situation. I assume your MIL is in India. You definitely need to start saving. Just make sure you fix the money you send to India/for ILs. IMO and experience, if we help them, we are actually spoiling them. We must ensure that they understand the importance of being responsible. Talk to DH H2H. In a way it is good that you are abroad. I hope your SIL and BIL will take care of your MIL. You have a clear planning on how you want to spend and save and you are the best judge.
    Pon/Vidya - Dont invite me ....the mood I am in, I will definitely come over.
    Vidya - Where are u doing her start b'day and also Englidh b'day?

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, i am flying high now, after reading all your girls' posts, that am a superwoman, etc... someone pull me down pls:rotfl I too want to brag, i made raddish+brinjal sambar, rasam, carrot+moong curry, beetroot curry, idli and coconut chutney. No precut veggies or onions too. I had to do everything from scratch, to top it, some groceries werent there handy, i had to dig them out from stock, refill and use. Myyyyyy, i dono how i did that yesterday, my co-sis and BIL had come for her teachers' counselling - she got promoted, so she has to attend one, to choose her next location of work, but bahhh she was soooo disappointed, she got a place that too far from hers. Shifting home, school, BIL's business all seem impossible, she was almost in tears. I knew she wont be able to go out and eat, so i couldnt tell them go and eat out. THeir child had just come out of a viral, so she is a hungry munchkin, i wanted to feed her something healthy. All that somehow charged me and i did it, i am still feeling that its a GREAT acheivement. Silly me :))))))))))))
    They had to meet another CEO by 10am today at their place reg her transfers, so they left by 5am. I had to be up by 4am, making idli and tomato chutney. I made a full bottle, that they can keep for 1week. I didnt have heart to send her off at all, her parents are no more, she has no support from her siblings too. MIL all the time behaves bad with her. BIL too isnt that supportive as my DH is. I told her, whatever may be, dont ever quit your job, otherwise you will loose your sanity. She said YESSS :)) If not here, where else do i get to brag on such small things??? :)
    Just now co-sis called, they already half the bottle tomato chutney in the car itseems, they just couldnt stop licking it :)))))))))))) wowwwiieeee :))))

CC, hugs hugs, i was beginning to get worried :) Yaaa i too hate, when we got to adjust just coz our money goes in elsewhere. We were like that at parents', my dad used to be that way. My mom would go mad. We too. Hugs again, think about ways to talk about this to DH, may be from your LO's point of view, not yours. Do it outside, when you both are calm and relaxxed. What worked for us was, we - me, mom n sis, made a rough draft, of our basic expenses, asked mom to talk to dad during tea time, in the terrace, we both escaped to a temple. The dialogue was - "its perfectly fine that you want to be responsible of XXX common expense, though other siblings are not a part of, at the same time, our family needs XXXRs for basics and XXXRs for savings, kids have agreed to cutdown on snacks even, but it can never shrink beyond this. Its your duty to earn this much atleast for us. Pls take care." It worked wonders, dad was beating himself hard for some months, doing OT, parttime, etc, but he did cutdown his parents' expenses too. We were happy :))

Ramya, I mean it, do come down :))))))) I would love to have people around, so is my DH :)

Deepa (Pinky), Welcome to this season :)))))))))))) And your post made my day, some days do start that way isnt it??? :)) Do post here often, weekly once atleast :)

Others, Will come back again, DS up now!

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ramya - is it at all possible for you to take a short weekend break with just DH and LO? You sound very stressed and so unlike your usual self.

Prana/Anbu - Thank you so much for the lovely words! It was a pleasure meeting you too and I was so taken aback by the sheer unexpectedness of it that I didnt say all that I wanted to :) Lets meet sometime away from the hospital.

Deepa - Welcome back! Good to hear you will be coming to India. We should try to meetup - arent you based in karur?

CC - what do I say ((hugs)) dear. So many big problems all at once! I hope you find the strength to work through them all.

Latha - super menu - not for the first time - please move to Chennai soon!

V.

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Pon - You are a great Co-sis. Small things that we do will come back in bulk ;)) and you are truly a great host!

V -Thanks for the concern. Yes, I am so much unlike me. DH travelling and handling DD alone just adds to the pressure.
    I am generally a person who is not very keen on confrantation, but at times speaking your mind does help. What I hate is that MIL/SIL keep much just because they are wrong. They will talk fine on other issues. I think I should learn to compartmentalize things.

Cc/Pon - We are in the same boat w.r.t saving. We gave away so much for DH's family (still doing), but I just believe that it will all be fine. I could not do much. But after DD, DH is taking this seriously as he knows that we need to give her a decent education and life.

Pon - Thanks for the offer. WIll try to make it smetime after DH is back. Let me know if yu are coming to Tvmyr.

8. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

CC, Ramya hugs nothing more to say..........
    Me too under terrible stress, i feel so insecure.....I've decided to go tickets have been booked for 30 July........
    Latha tell me how u react when ur DH praises their weird behavior.......I know DH will not like n our relationship is off when i speak anything against...but i just can't.....My mom says just stay out of the room or keep quiet but my B***** tongue cannot.....Now I'm losing a lot because of this....
    Also pls pray n send all positive vibes that MIL shldn't spoil our relationship in this month(s)....I struggled hard to build it up after her visit 3 1/2 yrs back.....
    Hi to all others, i feel so low and no mood......

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Uma,

hugs a lot Uma. i know what you mean because i too have an uncontrollable tongue:( it's tamed a bit but not anywhere close to DH's expectations.

So how DH reacts - i'm sure he gets hurt but he's the type who would keep quiet when angry/stressed. so i understand when he goes completely quiet. if he's also off the mood then he would warn me not to speak anymore. he has even come close to hitting me.. i'm possible of aggravating his emotions to that level... stupid me:( but you know i always argue i've my reasons to behave like that.

these days i do exactly what your mom says. i move away from that scene and tell myself they're talking about someone else. or even if the discussion doesn't involve me i remind myself that they haven't totally accepted me as part of the family so i shouldn't waste my energy over it. and as you say when it spoils our relationship with DH it is not worth at all. keeping quiet = DH knows how hurt/stressed i am because it's totally against my nature. i find a quiet moment to tell him what hurt me or why i was upset. i cry out in the bathroom. because otherwise i tend to show the bad feelings on my children which again isn't worth at all.

my brother told me something which i follow - never argue with an idiot. they'll pull you down to their level and defeat you. the tactic of such in-laws is simply to play with your emotions, make you react and then pick up a fight from that. so you've to defeat them there. i stare plain at my MIL when she utters nonsense. she gets wild that i don't cry anymore nor do i run to my husband for help. i do not open my mouth at all. defeat their bad motive by keeping quiet and ignoring them. that's the only way to solve this trouble. good luck! and please don't build up the negative emotions now. it's definitely erupt very badly when she's actually there at your home. train your mind to think that okay she's my husband's mother so she's coming to visit him. you can't prevent the visit, can you? so accept her visit but ignore her presence. it's very hard, Uma but trust me if i can do it, you can do it too. i'm someone who cannot forget and forgive bad treatment and holds grudge forever.

ladies,

the menu was because our friends are here. i have victims to try out new dishes, you see;) this morning i made Chithramma's hotel sambar and got rave reviews. now i've learnt to stick to tried and tested recipes. it saves lots of tension:)

morning chores... here i come:)

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dears,

Hows all of you?

Latha - Superb menu. naan ready!

V- I too feel you are so down to earth as a paed..explaning things to anxious parents.The paed at the hospital where Manu was born was so harsh and cut throat fellow. Manu was crying non - stop at 24 days.. i called him and he cooly said feed the baby. I was damn irritated.

Hi to Pon, CC,Tikka,Vidyaa,Sindhu,Ramya...and to all if i have left anyone.

Girls, Manu is doing a lot better.Her clingy attitude has come down a bit. I implemented what Pooh suggested in the other thread and it does work out atleast better.
    I found out the hard truth that manu hates to lie down on her mat.She likes to play in jumperoo, her swing else wants to lie down only on bed with some songs or rhymes in the back ground.She turns and rolls on and on the entire bed.
    With Sippy cup - total flop. I bought a sippy cup from born babies and i asked that guy if its spill- proff. he said yes yes....and its leaking.....Manu drenched her dress so badly the first day and excess water went inside and she choked herself.
    So for now i lay the sippy to rest and started giving her water thro a small spoon..It works a lil ok that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.