1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I always feel that way too so you are not alone. Hope you have a great family weekend then!

How cute! You mst have felt so good! And as for visitng Erode please do come (only forgive me if I dont cook a spread like Latha - I'm no good at that sort of thing :hide:)

Krithi - do you want to come stay in my village for a few days? We still have our old house and some farm anilmals too....

Sri - lovely pic of DD!

SS - I'm really happy for you and DD - must be a heart warming sight to see her itch-free...hope that now you have the culprits she stays well.

Very busy morning but productive too. How I wish I could take the day off tomorrow and go somewhere - if wishes were horses....

V.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey girls,

logged in to say i'm in one piece.got loads of goodies like murukku, neem flower (i love rasam), peanut chikki... what else can i ask for:) the children are having loads of fun. all my menu plans have gone for a toss. DH's friend's wife is soooo helpful. we decided to have only bread/cereal breakfast from tomorrow since we plan to leave early on trips.

Ramya,

the marble cake is from chocolateandzucchini. it's the best.

i also managed to bake a black forest:hide:. the kheer i skipped since there's no more space in the fridge. the rasmalai has already been emptied:)

okay off to take the children out. bye see you all with updates later:)

3. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Hi All

How are you all doing......You all talk a lot and i better join here.....
    Well we had a great time and my bro left yesterday.....After his visit i feel like moving back, i feel terribly lonely here. Atleast we have meet ups on week ends to get diverted and that too is cut off due to DH's work pressure.
    I miss my bro a lot, he was baby sitting both the kids the same as my mom did.
    I feel very very upset, next will be MIL's arrival. DH is planning to get her here soon:(
    Next rant is the maid, she's skipping quite often. I've fixed her mon-fri daily 1.5 hrs, she said she can't turn up on wed & thru. I was Ok since it's getting tough to find part-time maids. Now she just calls up on the scheduled day and says she can't turn up as she's engaged in another house for 4-5 hrs.....Today was one such day and i just can't skip work and keep everything pending.....Not that i can't do the regular chores but i can't spend time with the kids. With her coming regurlarly I feel so guilty that i teach DD nothing, don't spend enoough time etc etc...........I'm just upset over everything............
    I've been waiting for a good change since long and only things are going worse.............hmmmmm
    Sorry all just for ranting...hope things are better and i talk to all soon.....
    Take care all!

4. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Any suggestions ladies my hair is dropping in bunches....I'll soon be bald if it drops at this rate.....ya serious....:(
    I'm not sure if it's stress or whatever. I just started some supplements....any other suggestions are welcome.......

5. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Vanathi, Did you go to the early morning wedding? How's Aadhu doing? I would take the offer for staying in the farm.:)

Uma, Hair fall may be due to zinc deficiency. And zinc/magnesium depletes fatser when under stress. I recollect my mom taking zinc supplements for she had quite a bit of hair fall issues. Good luck with the maid issue....

Tikka, Sri, Yes. It's the protien thats the culprit in my DD looks like. Yes. As you said she doesn't/wouldn't get enough protien when all these are removed from her diet. I give her NeoCate formula. I give her quinoa once/twice a week. May be I should start supplementing her with fish (may be from the deli section in a health food store initially - she is not allergic to cod and salmon). In any case, she is going to undergo another round of skin prick test next week to get more granularity of the issue.

Sri, DD is EXTREMELY allergic to Soy. Soy, Legumes come under the same allergy scale for her.

Krithika, thats what I read too about milk allergy. Most of them (if not all , about 80%) start tolerating milk by the time they are 6. Since DD's allergy is on the low scale for milk, the dr asked us to give a little and see her reaction. With scare I gave her 2 spoons of curd rice yesterday and boom, she itched her face all-night. So no milk anymore. Also wheat is on the lower scale, the doc wants us to try.
    By the way, how's Kiran doing?

Latha, As much as I wonder your baking skills so much I also wonder on how you keep up with your weight. No offense intended dearie... Just kidding... I wish I stayed closer to you to taste the goodies and to get more motivation.

Vidya, So cute of Shibhu to have kissed you... I'm sure you must have been on the top of the world. I do feel proud at times when DD says "appa no.. amma venum".. But at times it is annoying too..

Sri, thats a very sweet picture of Aparna.

Ramya, I laughed over your post of empty feeling and 'he never does anything'. Same here. Whenever he is out or very late from work, I'd be like 'what a bore life' and as soon he comes we would invariably argue over something... LOL

Ladies, As you have seen, I'm much happy and relieved to see my little one play for this seems like a dream to me, for all that she underwent during the past months.
    Now I've to really start planning for her b'day party.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

hiii ladies, me busy with kids and MIL and regular chores, though she does 24/7 preachy/suggestive talks, am thankful that she is here, i get time to clearup small small things and thats a blessing really :)) She is leaving this Sunday.
    Today i had one-one time with DD, after a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg gap. we did some finger paints, made thumb impressions and drew pics out of it, thumb thumb thangi thambi style, we had fun :) We did a few worksheets, coloring, wahhhhhhhh usually i keep noticing DS too, wont be able to give that 100% attention to her, i felt sooo good this way :) Somehow i got to incorporate this into our daily schedule, DH tells me to plan my time, automattically entire family's would fall in place it seems, i know where is he heading to, my morning wakeup times, lol :)))
    DD is better, no loose stools, slight fever once in 8hrs or so, complains of stomach pain, finally pedi put her on a/b after waiting for 5days, hope she does well tomo.
    Ohh i forgot, DS learnt to knee-crawl yesterday, today he wants to crawl crawl crawl and do nothing else :))))) TOday he learnt to wave hands when we say byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you all imagine how excited DD would be, nowadays its like, on every milestone of his, more than me, its DD who gets sooo excited and emotional, she goes and hugs DS, tells him - "ohh how hard you tried and did this? Am mighty proud of you, I love you," gives him loads of kisses, this boy too loves this cuddling and giggles a lot :)))))))))) I am blessed na girls??? :))))) These are the times, my i-want-to-work switch goes off and i get sooo much peace :))))))))))))))

Today my MIL was non-stop telling some -ve or the other to DD, she will do this to anyone and everyone, but DD found a way to keep her mouth shut, even i couldnt do that. Here goes her trick - English :))) She started talking in English to her, MIL is a teacher too, but to a tamil medium govt run school, she isnt used up talking soo well, to my DD's level atleast, thats the end, DD was fulltime English lady today, MIL couldnt find soooo many -ve words, DD gave that win-win smile to me :))) SOmehow kids get whats going on within elder's relationships, dont they??

Sri, Aparna is a cutie :)))
    Latha, busy uhh? Enjoy all trips :))
    Vidyaa, i go by Ramya, i too would talk a few words, just for the sake of amma, coz she is the caretaker of the child :)) How did the cake comeout? You are my inspiration now :) Thats sooo lovely na, to get our child's kisses??
    Vanathi, my DD says, i have Abby caddaby's magic wand, zrrrrrrrrrrr tell me where do you want to go?? lol :))
    Tikka, hey do pls post that pazham pic of yours in the album yaar, i am waiting, already imagining how you wud be, lol :)
    Uma, same pinch, bunch of hairloss for almost 6months, supplements didnt help, am trying kottakal arya vaidhya salai's oils finally, will let you know after a few weeks :)
    SS, Thats sooooooooo nice to hear about DD :)
    Ramya, ditto, with DH, but he does sooo much around the home too :))
    YesBee, :thumbsup
    Bye ladies, God bless you all :))))))))))))))

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey girls

Pon - Haveyou started baking? What was your first attempt? I am waiting for DH to return and try something interesting.
    It is indeed bliss to be with kids always. And DD handled ur MIL well ;))

Vidya - thanks for understanding ....and truly appreciate your mom being quiet. And yay to Shibu for the kiss! Adwi doesn't know to do it yet ..she just bites me ;))

Uma - Don't worry about MIL's arrival yet ..cross the bridge when it comes .....CHILL

Think about this ladies - It was my SIL's anniversary and as DH is out of town I wished them, wrote out a card and a funny poem, gifted them a dinner etc. I spoke about this to my other SILs/BILs (DH's other siblings) and though people seemed happy, no one even bothered to help, talk about the planning etc. When I as an SIl can think so much, they must do it more willingly for their own sister right? Funny, but I don't care. I feel good and she liked it too.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey girls,

please bear with me that i'm only updating. i'll get back with posts from page 56 next week:)

we had an awesome day today. the weather was on our side too. took the family to the city centre in train. it's amazing how well behaved the children are when they have company; i was actually fearing they'd all be uncontrollable:( and oh i don't need to say anything on eating part... it was best. no coaxing, begging, reminders... i showed them important monuments (though i'm not very precise) and then DH joined us. we all went up the olympic village tower. it was empty and the kids had a fab time running around with great joy. they all went to bed at 7.30 after a simple meal of idli and curd rice.

i made a tomato pickle from zaiqa. i'm elated that our friends love that. the wifey has been eating it with plain rice with great relish:) do try it out when you get a chance. it is amazing:)

tomorrow we go to audi museum. since the children are excited travelling by train we might go to a nearby lake on sunday by public transport. there's also boat trips in summer. so sat down to research.

pure luck that i didn't buy ticket for legoland last week itself. from today some special price for online tickets so a great deal:)

all along i've been nervous letting another person in my kitchen. i can't tell you how much we both enjoyed cooking, cleaning together while the man took over the nanny part. nothing elaborate.. simple meal but talking and cooking.. i'm so thankful for this welcome change after all the stress in the past few months.

all have a great week-end:)

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Uma - its pretty normal to have hairlos the first year after delivery. I dont think supplement can do much unless you really have a deficiency of something. Good luck with coping with MIL!

Latha - sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy!

SS - welcome to visit anytime. Can you consult with a nutritionist/dietician about getting enough protein into DD?

:biglaughShe is so smart right?

That was really nice of you and yeah its strange when people dont do things like that for their own sibs. My ILs family is like that - nothing for anyone's bday or anniversary or anything. Not just adults even DS is not given anything for his bday - I guess some families are like that huh?

So what plans for the weekend everyone? I have my usual shopping and cleaning and lunch tomorrow at co-sis's parents' place. I dont really want to go but no way of escaping so have to I guess. Maybe a movie if I can persuade DH.

V.

10. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

SS was DD sick? I had missed reading since i was off and on, in this thread.....Whatever if she's fine then gr8...you must be relieved....
    Pon your Lo is extremely smart:thumbsup...i've heard about kotakkal, let me know if it works i can give it a try.
    Ramya so thoughtful of you to do that for your SIL.....feel happy she liked it, lucky SIL:).
    V another 8 months...:( sure i'll have nothing to loose......It was not this bad with DD1.
    Latha having a gr8 time hmmm...ENJOY!
    This morn DH was lying down and put both girls on his tummy and said it'll be nice to have 4 in a row..I had put something on the stove so i walked out to the kitchen. DH had told DD1 to ask for another sis...she came running to me and asked "Amma un thopa kulla one pappa thaan irukka? I want 1 more" (Do you have only 1 baby in your stomach) I told her if u want one more u might have to give share the two balls of kinder joy to both ur sis and u have none...She went back to DH saying "No appa one pappa is enough"........I had a hearty laugh at the way she asked me innocently.......:biglaugh
    I guess MIL's arrival will be delayed as DH is planning to bring his pet dog too. I'm not interested in having a pom in a flat and that's another headache for me...I need to talk to DH but just waiting till he seriously starts the process........Atleast another 2 months i guess so some more time to ENJOY,atleast be troublefree...yay...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.