1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,
    We went on farm trip yesterday. but it wasnt a huge hit with rain being a spoiler. acem back home early without goin on strawberry picking. ve to plan this agin when there is more sun and less rain.

Latha,
    Iam ready to hop on the next plane to germany to enjoy ur culinary skills . its sooooooo tempting.
    hats off on managing two kids alone in ashopping trip. I sometimes struggle with just one.
    The dialogue between A 's was hilarious.

V,
    i enjoy the special me n my daughetr times too. ITs so special going shopping with her(esp wehn she is well bhaved)
    Seriuosly u r tempting us all about Coimbatore and Erode with kids library bakeries with chocolate fountain and ironwala who does even sarees for cheap.

radhee,
    hows ben? hows his sigth words learning going on?

Sindhu,
    handyman jobs crop up all teh time in our house. I sometimes tahnk God taht we are living in aaprtmnet rather than our own house which ll need more maintenance.

Nitha,
    U r angel to me if u can get up at 5 30 everyday. I cant get up in teh morning . period. It s causing so many issues with me n my dh fighting but still I dont take the effort to change. how do u really finish off evrything by 10? looks like I need a major time mangement course .

Pon,
    hows s now/ is she better? Poor thing. she ll feel tired . keep her hydrated. I can understand how u feel abt preachy MIL. Mine is exact opposite . she ll keep mum to me and complain about evrything jus to my Dh.

K,
    Hows it going for k and you now? Is R back?

Sri,
    STaying at home after working ll always feel like heaven for sometime. Planning to become yummy mummy? Wow. so we are to see a cool sree soon?
    Ramya,
    Hows lil one?
    SS,
    good at last u got a referral. Poor thing was suffering for too long. Hope things ll get betetr for her soon.
    Chennai gals,
    any updates on ad s moms surgery?

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls, a rant from me.... tell me if I am wrong anywhere..

My Mom's sister's daughter ( so basically sis for me) has come to Chennai for a wedding and they had said they will visit Shibu oneday and that became today.

I dont usually talk to them even over phone.. but my mom is in very good touch with them. almost daily...

This morning she called my mom and said they (she, her hubby and her daughter- 20yr old) are coming for lunch. me and DH were at home till 1pm though not waiting for them but had something else to do...

it looks like they have come some 20-30 mins after us leaving.. but that was something we expected.. after me coming to work, I called twice to inquire about Shibu as she was taking her bf's and snacks properly.. once my mom gave the phone to the girl and I spoke to her and it was a just like that conversation...

Later in the afternoon i called my mom once and she said, they are planning to start now itself.. just call them and talk few words.. I denied and said, I will welcome them if I am there at the home while they arrive but not definetly over the phone.. that is a way too much for them...

Then eveing she is calling me and said they have left for the day and I dont know the basic manners of talking to them even after knowing that they have reached home.. I said, she should have the basic courtesy to call J and say they are leaving as they are leaving before he arrives at home..and added she need not come to my home if she is not respecting my DH... but looks like she is pushing all the blame over me.. Am I doing anything wrong..? Is there anything I could have done to make the situation much more smoother girls... My day is gone now... :(((

Vidyaa

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hey ladies, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. We went to the doc today as K is still complaining of tummy cramps and frequent (for him) and diarrhoeal stooling. Doc says something is going around that has been hard for people to kick off (Vidya was thinking of you then - how is shibu doing now.) So, I was like yeah, yeah, yeah. Can ya please give him something for the pain, but she gives more of the same priobiotics and Stibs we do with him. It will build immunity, she tells me and gives me a big smile. Lady, I am the one who takes him potty and I cant bear to see him make those paavam faces while he is sitting on the potty. But looks like I will have to :-(. Should I give something OTC to help with the cramping? The usual suspects - jeera, asafoetida, methi are not helping him at all this time. I have been living practically on black tea, at least I am fine now if somewhat drained.
    Am I glad the schools are closed. I hate schools :drowning
    R has been home the past week. He got K some Legos and some bouncy stuff. And K has been going around telling everyone appa got him a gift! I have no clue from where he picks up these things.
    SS that is good news. Hoping she stays eczema free.
    Nitha, looks like that is the best way for me too. I am up at 6 am, finishing everthing by 1 pm doing such good things to us. Only I am too lazy to get out of the house to walk and exercise. What wont I give for roads free of stray dogs that I can go out and about!?! For this reason and this alone I am glad K started school.
    ok, one sleepy baby refusing to lie down and sleep with appa. I can ttype with him in my arms anymore, lol. catcha ladies shortly. good night and god bless.

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

CC - Erode is nice but not all that nice - wouldnt advocate moving here or anything :) We are having such wonderful weather - cool, breezy but with blue skies and a nice cripsness in the air. Hope your weather improves too.

Krithi - do you want to do a course of antibiotics - seems to help the older kids with cramps (no proof merely an observation).

Vidya - I dont know; I'm not able to get a handle on the situation. Maybe you could just talk to them couple of days later and patch up?

Latha - so many guests! Please do take it easy - I love the menu btw :) Oh and that was a second wedding for both (bride has a 5 yr old girl).

Pon - cook - I give her the menu every morning and usually have a rough plan for the next 2 days too so she knows approximately what to expect. It works very well. She's been with me for 3 years now and knows what each of us likes very well so that helps. Maybe it helps that we have had a cook at home through most of my childhood so I know how to handle one (not that I'm a strict type - usually the cook gives me ideas and I pick one!). Healthy food is always our choice to eat irrespective of who does the cooking dont you think?

Hi to everyone else. Intermnet connection is not too good and I better post this before it disappears!

V.

5. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Latha, So you had a happy shopping is it? Latha, thats funny of you to have given chili powder to A. Good she didn't eat that

Sri, Glad to know that you are enjoying your stay at home days. Sri.. yummy mummy.. for who?LOL..

Just kidding.. Good luck with your weight loss program

Aarthi, Are you in Chennai now? Hope you are enjoying your days there...

Nitha, You are such a determined person. Your walking spree gives me a motivation.. But you know I'm a morning sleeper..LOL

Pon, Hugs to you dear... Challenge managing such non-stop talking MILs.

Hello to all gals/mommies here....

Thank you all ladies for your kind words and support through out. DD is on potent topical steroid creams now for 3 weeks and seems to work like a miracle. Doc who saw her said she may be allergic to lentils and chickpeas and boom.. the result comes yesterday that she is allergic (VERY highly) to lentils and chickPeas and all tree nuts. As sad as a vegetarian mom could get (since DD is already severely allergic to milk, wheat, eggs, soy), but the positive side is I at least know why things went haywire in her case. May be I should start giving her fish (she is not allergic to cod and salmon, at least :))

This week end was good. DD was happily running and playing. For the first time she wore a skirt without a leggings (leggings/tights because she would itch herself to bleed, if left open). I was so happy. Went out and got a bunch of toys/crayons for her. She talks complete sentences in these few days. When DH was driving she directs him from her carseat "appa.. paathu paathu.. tuck vayuthu"(dad, be careful, there's a truck coming). We both cracked up on that.

And better yet she sleeps through the night for the past 3 days. The medicine is also going to have a withdrawal effect. but at least she is happy now. :) I'll worry about the withdrawal next week..LOL

6. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Good Morning girls! Finally after more than a month managed to upload DD's bday pics :)
    I know...Lazy me!!!

V : Not very sure whether its actually teething or not...i can see two white specks on the upper gums....cant say they are teeth yet...

Pon : DD's name is Aparna.
    Just ignore ur MIL's comments...i know easier said than done but thats the only way to maintain ur sanity with a sick child to be taken care of. Hope S gets better soon

Ramya : Just hang in there...this phase will pass soon...I have been there....and finally i took the decision to quit...so whatever u do ....whether continue to work or quit...its the best u can do for ur LO

Latha : Have the guests arrived...must be super busy..am going green with envy...they are getting to enjoy such a grand menu!! not to mention the places in Germany. have a nice time!

CC : Yummy Mummy....:rotfl...thats just a phrase....actually i need to lose weight as u can see from the pics....i have bloated so much post marriage and pregnancy that DD refuses to identify me in my wedding pics :hide:

Tikka : Healthy vibes to Kiran....Hope he feels better soon

SS : Hugs to ur LO....poor thing i can imagine the pain she goes thru with every itching session....With all the lentils as well as eggs ruled out....how are u managing protein content...is soy ruled out too??

Have a grt day ahead!

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Tikka - I really think you need to give K something to ease the pain. He is too small to endure the cramping yaar.

Vidya - Sorry if I am not thinking like you do. But this is what I feel - J need not talk to them as they did not talk to J. But since they came to your house, you could have said, "thanks for coming to see my kid, sorry I was not able to be there and had to go to work. We will meet sometime later. Pleas feel free etc". This is more for your mom's sake. Amma takes care of Shibu and does a lot of things for you ...so just a few words to keep her happy, thats it.
    SS - Glad to know DD is better. I know that allergies are bad, but it is better that you know what does not suit her. Take care and hang on there.

Sri - DD looks so cute in the profile.

Latha - You have to host us when you are in Chennai next time. OK?

Sindhu - Yes, I really hope I am able to manage work and home.

I went home later yesterday and then left for some little shopping .... DD has been searching for me ...she normally thinks that I will not leave her once I am back from office ..but y'day Amma was telling me that poor baby was looking into all the rooms. She is learning to stand and talk and it is a delight to watch her. I am glad its Friday.
    I have been managing this week as DH is travelling officially. Eagerly waiting for him to return tomorrow. He never does anything, but why is it that I feel so empty without him? When he is not around, it is less work for me ...but still .....

8. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

SS, that is a bummer. It seems to cut out most of her major protein sources. Poor baby. How is the Alimentum formula working? I hope it is one of those things she can grow out of. K seems to be doing so much better on milk now a days. He has a couple of ounces of straight milk without any effect - and that is a big progress for us.
    Vidya, hugs. Sometimes our parents are like that. They cannot see our point of view at all. Hope you sort it out one way or the other. How is J feeling about the aunt's visit and not being in the loop? If he is the easy going type, I will let it slide.
    Sri, DS stunned me totally by ID-ing a pic of me from when I was 12 years old! I had long hair, nicely oiled and lovingly plaited by my mom. I wore jewellery like the good Tamil girl I was ;-) and looked total pazham. Not that I dont like pazham now... but I cant believe K id-ed me. Wedding pics can throw kids off as you dont go about your everyday life dolled up like you did at wedding.
    V, the paed wants to take a call in a week's time.
    CC, the farm trip even sans strawberry picking sounds really interesting. I wish I had a home town where I can take this boy to show him how the most important people on earth - the ones who grow our food - live. I would in a heart beat go live on a farm than the city life here.
    Latha, you serve something sweet for at least one meal every day or is it something special. Wow, why are you not living close to me. Or should I ask R to look up some job in Munich and come there myself :) What wont I give to live away from Chennai right now.
    Ramya, hope it is a temp feeling for you. Mommyhood comes with loads of guilt I guess, especially so for people who have a calling outside the house.
    Pon, no problem eh! I will collect on that coffee though :biglaugh. Hope Shalu is feeling better now.
    Ladies, one little monster wants the comp. Have a great weekend all of you.

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls, the cold war got better after I reached home.. All the conversation that I have written was on the phone.. i didnt start anything after reaching home and my amma also maintained it..

Yes Krithika, J is very very easy going and he never bothers about all these non sense going around.. As my mom said started telling me and J that we dont even know how to respect people, it got into my nervers and I started asking her counter qns...

Vanathi and Ramya , thanks for responding... Ramya, nothing to be sorry... I wanted to get others views in that and I dont want to miss any third angle... telling my mom that I will do it next time was what I finally decided incase the argument becomes strong.. but thank god she didnt open her mouth abt that..

CC, the farming trip you talking about is really exciting to hear... good that you had a good trip...good luck on the next trip..

SS, Happy to hear that the kid is doing good now. .Shibu did get mild eczema in her back and I can understand, how bad it should have been for the baby to go thru the itching...

Sri, DD looks really cute

Ramya, that is absolutely true in my case as well.. when DH is not around, i have very less work ( not that I do everything for him, but still...) but I still cant manage a day without him... Good that DD is getting better now.. I think almost every kid here has got infected by the viral bug that is going around... so sad...even for Shalini, her pedi has suspected it as a stomach viral bug though she didnt have loosssies... :(
    V, I have been to Erode only once..one of friend got married there..and I came there once to visit her... she is inviting me there for a long time.. Will let you know if I come there... :))))

Latha, your menu looksss supppppeeerrr.. which recipe did you follow for marble cake.. u are my inspiration in baking.. I tried buttermilk fruit cake this moring.. I kept it in oven and asked sis to take care of it.. need to taste it after reaching home.. My first cake it is.. :))))

Nitha, it was an off campus and the company is computer science corporation... She is eagerly waiting to see her offer letter.. :))))
    One of my old friend has promised to come home this evening.. I think she will stay with me a day.. She said that she will help me to organize few things in home.. and maid has promised me that she will stay back a lil longer to help me cleaning things... yayyyyy.. I feeeel so great after thinking that my house is going to be clean and organized..

Girls, one happy thing to share with you all is, I and Shibu were playing sitting in the terrace yesterday nght after me reaching home... She then kissed me twice in my cheeks on her own.. she usually does that when we ask for it.. it is like making a 'brrrr' sound having her lips on my cheeks.. but she did tat on her own.. I was likeee :)))))))))))))))))))) so happppppppppppyyyyyy...

Vidyaa

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  10. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hello mommies,

I am little tied up at work with few mandatory trainings to be completed. But could not resisit myself from logging today to wish you all a fabulous weekend. Every Friday morning I become so excited thinking about the weekend and the weekend plans :)

I am so looking forward for the shopping to be done during the weekend for DD's birthday. Will come back later during weekend after reading through all posts.

Sri, DD is looking so cute in the profile pic. The birthday pictures are also very nice. The cake looks yummy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.