1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

AD - dont worry; everything will go well I'm sure. Stay positive and strong!

Things went well at school today - of course I was there most of the time. Tomorrow I have to wait outside the school gates - hope A does ok.

CC - so was it her first one? Boy/girl? Hope she and the LO are doing well - very nice of you to help out.

V.

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Looks like all mommies are busy uhhhh?
    V, woww great, yayyyy for Aadhu kutti :)) He will do well tomorrow too :)
    CC, Thats nice of you to go and help :) how is your LO?
    AD, Dont worry girl, call us if you need any help, or just someone to listen/rant :)))

Girls, give me a pat at the back, (where else can i ask for one? :D), i cleaned up (read - just arranged) a cupboard, which was sooooooooooo badly messed up. Now its in an OK state :)) No changing sheets et all, just the proper arrangement made it look better, a lot better than what it was before. Still our trolleys are not yet unpacked, but am feeling yayyyyyyyyyy :))) I could peacefully take out/keep back my inners atleast:hide:
    Today neighbour was sick, so her kids too were at mine. It was a galla time here, 4kids, mommy cleaning up a cupboard, imagine the rest! But the eldest one of theirs is at class 9, so she kinda managed the other three (6yr, 3.9yr and 9mnths) She was often telling me, aunty Vishal crawls soo fast, I cant catch him :biglaugh (yaaaaaaaaaa she calls me Aunty:bonk)

Latha, your hugs and vibes came to me at the right time. But bahhhhhhh today too i woke up late. Hoping tomo atleast I would be up by 6am. DH has this habit of going to a temple on thursday, hope I get bathed, dressed for the day atleast by 7am :)) I forgot, that was sooooooo cute of Ananya, I remembered how my DD used to melt her dear daddy :))
    Good night ladies :)

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Aarthi,

Yay for ur kiddo. U shud be one proud mommy.

Latha,

Cudnt give u these hugs when u needed the most but hey so what here u have my bear hugs. U r one wonderfull mommy n a good wife n a gem of a person.

SS,
    mine had severe falre ups with her eczema tht amde her itch all through the night n cry n literally scratch herself to bleed. so we took a course of oral steroids for a week with topical steroids for a month. dramatically her itches reduces and she was sleeping peacefully. in this 4 yaers i had given her such short courses 3 times once every yaer in fall and she is ok throughout the winter . But i had to use topical steroids on n off longer for some severe itchings. I would any day recommend it.

Amitha,
    u rightly said if he did know every subject time doesnt amtter atlaest at not this young an age,

V,
    Yes. its her first one and its a 8 lb baby girl with lots of hair and black eyes. she went into labour two weeks before the due. and her inlaws wont be here until next week. I so want to ve my other baby after seeing her.

K,
    hows k doin ? hows has his first day been?

Ad,
    don worry u ll amange everything well. good luck withe teh amid hunt and my prayers are with u.

Pon,
    Losing weight is one thing I wish I do. how ve u been? I raed the episode abt s talking to tahtha and had asmile. she s a darling.

Sindhu,
    good to know ur trip was fun.

Poo,
    lil zoey has indeed grwon up afst. she s raeching her milestones alil ahead in pace i guess. she s gonna keep u on ur toes all the way i guess.

Saradha,
    hugs gal. I rememeber clearly how i felt when i was going thru the same thing as you now. It ll all work out in the end.

Hi to vidhya,lee, ramya, padmini n welcome yesbee

Regards,
    CC

4. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Vanathi, I am sorry, I think I missed your posts. I remember he was already going to a pre-school right :hide:. Now did you put him in a regular school? He is only 2 years 9 months - already in school? What class is he in?

5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Girls, I should say last night was the worst one I have seen after Shibu's birth.. She is ill for the past 2 days..and the trips to doctor's office has become from one per day to two yesterday... and yesterday, when she started to sleep at 11.00pm, I immediately went to sleep without worrying about anything else.. Thank god I did that.. She woke up around 12.15 crying so badly.. she didnt nurse, didnt take even water for around 4-5 hours..but crying, crying and crying so badly, loudly , uncontrollably.. and was not ready to go to anyone even to her appa and ammuma... It became so unmanageable and I also started to cry with her.. coz she was constantly seeing my face and telling 'amma amma' along with her cry.. I didnt know what was wrong with her.. at 2.30 we decided to take her for a ride in the car... so we all four went.. immediately after getting into the car she stopped crying and nursed for few mins and slept peacefully... after some 20-30 mins, we came home around 3. again she got up by 4.45, crying so badly... then i walked carrying her in the terrace and she calmed down a little.. then by 5.45 took her outside , me went for a walk and by the time I reached home she slept again... but she hasnt nursed for a long time.. :(((

I am so tired and so worried... :((( why do these babies cry that badly... ? and I didnt know what i am supposed to do at those times.. :(((

Girls send me some health vibes to DD.. I want her to recover fast..she has last almost 300 gms in 2 days.. :(((

the only positive thing happened yesterday was, I had a deliverable scheduled yesterday, and I did manage to deliver it on time irrespective of all these..

Vidyaa

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  6. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

CC pregnancy is contagious :). So I am all ears to hear the good news very soon :wink:.

7. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Oh Vidyaa, I am so sorry to hear what is happening to your LO. You must have had a very difficult night yesterday. Here are some positive vibes from me to your DD. I hope she nurses well, sleeps well and is a happy, healthy child. God bless her.

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Vidya, hugs to you and my tight kiss to Shibu.. that was a really bad night. whats the doc saying? is she having some pain? how many months is she 8 or 9 na? glad you did that proj delivery on time.. hope you can take 2 days off and be with Shibu.. you will not feel like moving away from her na. Hugs again.

CC, talking abt preg.. hope you go ahead a have one without racking your head like I am doing.. suddnly I have my SILs, BIL, co-sis talking to be abt having 2nd child..

V, Yay for Aadhu's 1st day.. am sure the coming days will go as a breeze.. so he is in Pre-KG right?

Amitha, most of the schools here that have Pre-KG has the age criteria as 2.5 to 3.5 yrs.

Pon, good girl.. so one TO DO is DONE! Yay :)) it feels so nice to do something to our satisfaction and also feel happy abt it na.. I like that spirit in you. When I see some family members who do so much work but still feel ohhh there is so much more to do, blah blah.. I feel sorry for them not because they have so much more work, but because they do not feel happy abt what they have done so far.. be it house chores, or achievements.. I wish to feel happy for what I have accomplished before going ahead achieving more.

girls, my SILs, BIL, Co-sis (who is visiting us for 2 mths) are going on talking abt 2nd kid for us.. they are brainwashing me and I was so drawn to the idea until my DH gave me a reality check (thats our deal - when one of us is diverting from our decision, the other has to quickly give a reality check :)) he is so clear to first settle down in our own house and then think if we want a second child, if yes we will go ahead because my biological meter is not ticking, I still have time.. also he is sure he doesnt want to have a 2nd one 'because' others want us to have.. that point I agree. DH is thinking we are not able to dedicate enouoght time for P, so why have another one and deprive P of what he is due and trouble the 2nd one too the same way.. so for now big NO.. one thing I truely didnt like hearing was 'ohh nee dhan single child a poita, andha thappa neeyavadhu seiyadha.. rendu kolandha kandipa venum, blah blah' as if everyone is pitying me.. I have never felt this way when I grew as a single child.. even now I am proud I was raised well, but my ILs feel I need sympathy.. why?! do people judge without attempting to know the other side. to top this - with my mom's hospitalisation, one SIL is pitying me that I 'being a single child' have to take care of everything.. if my mom had 2, both would have shared and taken care.. I was wanting to say a lot of things against that, but said 'thats not a prob. I can take care of things.' and she thinks I am consoling myself and says 'no ma, I know it is diffcult, atleast you dont do the mistake of not having a 2nd child..' baahhhhhhh I was like what mistake? whos mistake? where is the mistake? BTW, just for this opinion of these people, I think I will end up not wanting a second one (atleast my DH thinks my parents did the right thing os having one child).. this is the first time, from my birth I am hearing a family thinking having a single child is a sin. This same SIL is saying, when she has kids, she will raise them and get them married (if girl kid) off by 20 yrs of age. I told to myself - 'raising a goat just to sell it to the butcher when it is fully grown'. the whole point of having children, growing with them having fun, raising and educating them to have a bright future, giving exposure, send them places, letting them see the world, etc etc looks like humbuck to them! DONT take me wrong girls, I am not saying having one child is the right thing.. All of you who have 2nd child muct be so happy with your decision because the decision was YOURS, not someone else pushing you into it.. infact I myslef wanted to have 2 or 3 before having P.. but looking at my life style and routine, I am backing off. I am only venting out that THE PARENTS have to decide whats suits them and if they want they can have a second child, but someone who is not at all related to giving birth, raising the kid does not have to plunge in with recommendations for 2nd child.. hmmmmm I know I am venting out too much girls, bear with me. any thoughts, experiences of the same kind, do share.. this pressure if not going to stop for the next few yrs.. atleast I will know how to handle their advices in the future.

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Vidya, hugs... Even we cry "amma" when we are not well. Dont' take it so personally and so hard. You guys are doing great for such young parents. I am really proud of you. Sending all my prayers that Shibu feels well soon.
    AD, some moms and I were waiting together - our children were the last to settle down in school ;-) - a lot of them are advising a couple of us who dont have second children not to go for one at this age interval if you already have a lot of stress at home. And I see the wonderful job a lot of mothers who have single children do. Seeing how difficult it is for k to cope with new environments/situations, we have also kind of decided not to think about adoption for the coming times. Not till K is in a happier place.
    Prayers for your mom's operation (I wonder how I missed it) and P's school.
    AD, did I read it wrong, have you quit work (something about you being a FT mommy after 3 years.) or are you going on long leave for the surgery. Anyway, hope it is a lovely time with P for you.
    Amitha, pregnancy is contagious, eh? My sister had just delivered of a baby and another in my family had a 5 month old when we found out I was pregnant.
    Ladies, K wants the comp, nay demands I play him a video. So, I have just one update. Today, k cried for something like 10 min and then settled down. He was apparently ready for more, only I had not anticipated that had not planned a snack. A lot of mommies offered me their lo's snack, but I had to bring him home given his food preferences and allergies.
    He is now kissing me and wheedling me for the video. hope to catch up with you gals soon. Good health vibes for all.

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Tikka - so glad to know K settled down.. see in a matter of 1 week, he will not look for you at all.. so sweet of him to get settled so fast. believe me I have seen mommies in P's playschool waiting for 2 months for their kid to settle down. NO NO quiting! (it is tempting though! hmm too many things tempting me these days) I am off for 4 weeks, close to 1 month for mom and P.. slowly I am kind of getting the confidence abt handling all of it, especially when all others at home become nervous. Ahh I think I am that kind who will know to swim when I am thrown into the ocean :)

thanks girls, for being so encouraging.. I am panicking as if I am going into labour, preparing myself mentally, etc etc.. see pregnancy, labour has still not got out of my head.. hehhehee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.