1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Season 5 - WOW!!!:cheers to everyone.
    Hope all of you are in good health and kisses to the LOs.

So whats up with me n LO - I skipped giving rice kanji yesday as she was already crying n clingy.GMIL was away to a function..so it was only me n LO ..i didnt want to make my day worse.

Today shes a bit ok & slept 2 hrs from 8.30 am.So im gonna try giving it today.

Thanks CC for the suggestion.

Ladies - need your experience and valuable suggestion for 2 things.

1- DD is always licking something and wants to hold something or the other.SO if i don't give her any, she crushes her outfit ,lick it to glory and chokes.
    Whats is a safe toy or thing to give her to hold as well as lick???

2 - I find it very tough to keep her entertained during the evenings when shes awake most of the time (from 5.30 pm to 11pm).she naps only for 45 mins(7 to 7.45 pm) So rest of the time she wants constant attention & im drained out.Some ideas to keep her busy.... toys??

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey you, non stop chatterboxes ..... Season five just started and we are already over 1 page.

V - Yes good not to have expectations. What does your Co-sis do? A doctor too?

Sri - 1st birthday !! Yay!! ...Happy birthday to LO.. Have a great party and do post the snaps.

Latha - The poem on Daddy's gift is too cute ....I too wish youo got it ;))

Krithi/V - What is this Nagaswami book? The title interests me

Poonam - Please take care. I have once had sun-stroke in Nagpur in summer. It was very dry and I fainted on the road. People there carry onions and keep smelling them.
    Also, try starting Z on formula. Though DD doesn't like formula, she takes it when hungry. Z definitely needs an alternative now. So, try and see if it works.

CC - THat was sweet of A lol!! ...You are not alone ...with DD just 7mo, I too feel that everyday is a learning and when I look back, I many times feel that I should have done it better.

Nitha - Double masters ??? WOw !!What is your specialization?

Amitha - I wanted to start driving again and I took some touch-up classes last week. During the weekend DH sat next to me and watched me drive ...he was sayig this and that and literraly yelling. I felt veyr bad and jumped out. SIL and MIL were with us :(( I have decide that I will slowly learn and prove it.

Uma - Where is this land ...and when you guys start the resort, I am assuming you will have some discount for friends, right?

Tikka - Let me know how the FP works and more importantly on veggies. I am waiting to buy one, but confident enough to take the plunge.

Sharadha - Don't worry, DH will be normal when work is normal. And by the time you are out of your company, you can concentrate more on him. Alls is for Good ...take care and relax.

Poorni - Hi. I am thinking if I should buy a high-chair or a booster chair .... I keep discussing this with DH ...meaning I discuss and discuss ...i question and I answer ...he is silent ;))

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

AAARRGGGGGGGHHHHH I have lost my senses.. I wrote a long reply in the Quick Reply box and happily click on some link on the header.. all my words vanished! I think I need a quite time out.

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Aishu,

give her a colourful teether.. let her lick, bite, chew it as much as she wants to..

ohh you might want to use multiple ways of keeping her busy.. take her on a walk (you carrying her) or in her stroller for some time.. say 5:30 to 6:30pm let her get some breeze.. or take her to the terrace (if there is a shady area).. this worked best for us when DS was that age. get some musical toys that has diff coloured lights blinking.. she will love it, also some moving toys like a batteried catterpillar, doggy that wags its tail.. spend little time on some board books (she wont understand a lot, but she will like to see new things).. she wont get bored.

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

ladies,

guess i am the last in our set to reply here:hide:,(oh no,i can see there are a lot of heads missing ),a big yay to all of us for chatting heartily...may be we can compete for a place in the guiness record for the lengthiest virtual chatting:idea..

s-s,
    whats this about continuous bleeding,,is it because of the pills,,take care.i had learnt yoga before marriage but never followed it religiously,,,they are too good to be missed,,knowing all this,i am one lazy girl.

cc,
    ahh,,thats the reason you were missing here,,,hugs,men are from mars ,woemn are from venus,,hope you would have heard this,,dont worry,things will work out well...and that was really sweet of lil A,,as sindhu said earlier,,they are quite logical..

welcome to the weight loss group,we just need to keep ourself motivated..i have a very sweet tooth and just cant help without munching something,,if i put a full stop to that i can shed some kilos happily,,:)

tikka,
    i have a crompton greaves FP and i should put this in bold letters,ITS MY MOST LOVABLE KITCHEN GADGET,,mincing is good when the veggies are fresh,,do u have a steel blade,if yes use that for fine mincing..you can even shred cabbages and carrots in a jiffy..
    so whats new with K these days?

latha,
    now you will be surprised if i say the herbal tea i got y day is from germany.a company called GOLDEN TEMPLE natural products ,hamburg..the brand name is YOGI TEA,i will check out the one you have mentioned as well.
    mango tarts,,yummy am waiting virtually as well.with the recipe please.dh loves anything with mangoes.
    yes,as you say i am too much into cooking and baking that its impossible for me to go on a fruit and veg diet,thast the reason i have resorted to walking,,not sure how long this continues,given the horrible rainy weather here.
    the recent statistics show that it rains 350 days a year in ireland.LOL

AD,
    oh,,AD second incident within a short gap,,please take care,,glad that it was just a small thing.it was very wise of you to remain quiet,i have been in such situations a lot many times,,but not very successful in keepng quiet:biglaugh,i backanswer and our fight takes a tangent from there..

sharadha,
    relax,take it easy..try maintaining your stand at the office front,,sending you some positive vibes,

sri,
    wishing your DD avery happy birthday.is it just the party or ear piercing and homam as well..

V,
    wishing you good luck with your co-sis,,as ramya says i too have longed for a co -sis,but it can be a bit tricky as well,isnt it..either this way or that..:)they can be the greatest of friends or the worst of enemies,,wish you both get along the former way.
    anitha,
    good luck with the high chair,i never used a high chair for V as he was way too wiggly,yay for nilu.smart girl.

ramya,
    so,has LO settled now?i will be in india from mid of june to mid of aug,,anyways will come to chennai only by mid of july(MILs house first for a month and they are put up at madurai).i hope to meet all you gals .

nitha,

oh,,you're one proud mommie,,can u lend chinnu to me for sometime.having moved every two years,i am now sick of packing,cleaning,moving,et al...i was telling dh the other day that we are modern gypsies..:).happy moving.

amitha,
    me and dh were poles apart in parenting styles,,still we dont agree on certain things,but we go for the best decision amongst us(deciding whose is the best is another story):biglaugh
    ahh,,driving with dh by side,,LOL,has never happened with me as i cant drive..relax..things will get better.

pooh,
    thats was scary..keep your self hydrated,,even with temp hitting just 10 deg,i never go out without water bottles..please take care

aishu,
    how about rattles (some of them come filled with water ),they can double up as teething toys as well.have you checked the thread where somebody had asked suggestions about keeping the baby entertained and pooh had given some wondeful ideas,,just check that out.

a big hi to all the other friends.

so,today was my second successful day of walking ,for about 50 min.and the best part was during my walking trail i discovered a new park and play area very close to V school,,i never knew that such a thing ever existed(been here for close to 2 yrs now LOL).the park was full of giant oak trees and beautiful walk paths wioth chirping birds and fountains,i felt like being in a different world altogether,,loved it..

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  6. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Aarthi - I guess you should use that park for your walks. You could walk up to the park, spend sometime there and then get back. It is easier once you make it a part of your routine.

Speaking of routine - I find it hard to put my new diet according to routine. My diet paln says that 4 glasses of milk a day, I am yet to have even a single glass of milk today :(. Was supposed to have fruit juice mid morning.. thanks to Vinu not yet had that... so its like breakfast, lunch and now i guess direct dinner. I wonder if I will ever be able to stick to it.

I tried Chitvish's rava idli recipe for breakfast today. I think I fired the rava a bit too much and that salt was less. But DH liked it a lot :thumbsup. Infact he asked me if I bought some readymade mix and made it:cheers. He asked me to give some idlis to MIL so that she will also have it. I gave it and she was like tastes just like upma:bonk!!!!!!!!! So, I do not know what I made - maybe I think I will call it Rava Upma Idli. But, I am happy that DH liked it. He never says that something is good that easily. Max he says is it was ok.

BTW, I am unable to get the curd rice right. When I pack for his office, I usually add milk and very little curd so that it curdles and is not sour when he has his lunch. But, it is a major disaster and is absolutely sour. He did not even tell me this. Yesterday, he came back home early and I was emptying his lunch box and I saw how bad it was. I felt very bad. I don't know where I am going wrong. Poor DH.

Regards,
    P

7. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

p,
    for packed curd rice,this is what i do.mash the rice well,mix it with milk and water and just a tspn of curd(mind it,just a teaspoon,not more) ,and add a pinch of salt,i then pack some extra thick curd in a tupperware box/tumbler and ask my dh to mix it with the packed rice while eating..if he has a fridge at office,he can store it there or else you can use a cooler bag for the curds.though it helps a bit,but with chennais weather i doubt even if this will work out.

whatever may be,try to stick on to your routine,your follow up consultation with the dietitian greatly depends on how much you have adhered to your diet regimen.if you can make your juices ready in the morning and keep them poured into tumblers/containers,,gulping them then and there shouldnt be a problem na.:thumbsup for your weight gain..

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

this is a nice idea Aarthi..

girls, I uploaded one pic of masini.. take a look at him. will upload more later.

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Cheers to all the talking!

K, you are not fat! Maybe you need some toning, but not weight reduction.

Poornima, my DH and parents want me to gain some weight too. They say i am starting to look like a skeleton. Depending on the weighing machine, I do weigh 60-62 kgs. My dad says I am fit to walk the ramp! :p I feel fit though like I have never felt before. Lets see!

Amitha, my dad is like that too. Backseat driving whenever somebody else drives. Thankfully, DH is not like that.

Latha, V, booster seats are not an option. We have less space so no dining table so no chairs for booster seats. I did look at the other thread, but not too many pointers. So thought I would ask here.

Sri, standing on the high chair is scary. That sounds like something Nilu would do too. I must think again. But I so want her to sit in one place and eat.

Aarthi, good luck with the weight loss.

Pooh, that is scary. Take care!

Rest later. nilu calling

10. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

anitha,
    why dont you send some sticky weight loss dust to me,,am struggling too hard to loose a mere 2 kilos..

AD
    the photo is very good.

i am going inane for the past few days ..i typed a reply here which was absolutely irrelevant:bonk,to add on to my foolishness,had recieved a mail from my friend with her photos ,she had asked me to send some of my photos , and there i am asking her mail id in the reply:hide:...whats happening to me?getting older,may be

Last edited: May 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.